TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubby

fly the W!
Reaction score
Carried over from thread 4:

You must read this post and hit the 'thanks' button before you post in this thread.

We do not allow rumors to be posted or perpetuated at WS. Do not post a rumor or respond to a rumor.

Direct quotes and screenshots from social networking sites are not allowed at WS.

You may discuss what is on a social networking site but must include the link. However, do not discuss or link to sites that are private.

Please do not post about other posters. That is a TOS violation because it is rude. It’s like talking behind someone’s back.

The only appropriate way to respond to problematic posts is to hit the alert button. We will then look at the post and handle it asap. Do not respond to a problematic post. That compounds the problem and delays the solution.

We do not allow the posting of personal information about people who have not been named as a POI or suspect by LE or MSM.

You must include a link to where you found the information in your post.

Just because a person is connected to a case doesn't mean we can immediately start using his/her name, even if it is an adult. There is no need to drag innocent people through the mud.

If people start talking to the media about the case then yes, they have decided they want their identity known. Then you can use their names in posts here at WS.

If suspects and family members are talked about in the major media outlets, you can use their names in posts here at WS.

We don't allow name posting of minors’ names, except for Hailey's, of course.

The full WS TOS and "rules" can be found here:
The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

'Insiders' or "Locals"

Before you post ANY inside information that could help this case PLEASE report it to the police first. Here at Websleuths, we don't care about having "scoops" or "bombshells." We care about the cases, the people involved, and making sure Websleuths is not hindering the investigation by allowing people to post inside information that the police do not have yet.

If you know Hailey or her family and want to post about her, then WS admin needs to talk to you. Please email wsverify@xmission.com

Include:

The case
Your Websleuths name
Your phone number and a good time to call
Your real name.

In the subject line please put which case you are asking to be verified on.

It will all be kept strictly confidential.

Unless what you are saying can be verified by law enforcement and/or the media, it is not considered a "fact" here. You may personally know for 100% certainty that it is true, but unless you are verified and/or can back it up with a link, we do have to consider it to be a rumor. This is not to single anyone out or to ignore information, but to maintain the integrity of a case and keep the best interests of the victims at the forefront.

Please do what is right by the case first before you post anything on Websleuths.

Do not post about private conversations with case players unless the case player is aware that the conversation is going public.

If you are a local or insider and your posts do not include any "inside" information, you do not need to be verified. Please remember, however, that information as simple as what Mom does for a living or where BF works are considered inside information.

Cztgz, Redcat, mommajack, 40G!GZ7, ajk and spankysmom are verified locals so far.

http://www.facebook.com/findhaileydunn
http://www.findhaileydunn.com/
http://kvmckaum.blogspot.com/ (this one also has livestream news for area)

Thread 1

Thread 2

Thread 3

Thread 4

Originally Posted by sarx
Yes, reading your dog is always a part of it. But, if a dog is used to training on certain age trails then that is going to have a big impact. For instance, the trails that you work to certify at entry level are only 2-4 hours old and a 1/2 to 1 mile long. Even the highest certification only requires a trail 24-30 hours old. The problem with this is that most of the time dogs are not called out for a MP in the first 2-4 hours. Heck, most of the time it's not even the first 24 hours. So.... you can see how handlers spend a ton of time training to pass a test to get certified and have been training on trails that are not real life times. Because scent and its behavior changes so much as the hours and days pass by these dogs haven't got a clue what to do with the scent they're finding cuz it's nothing like what they are used to.
I think I understand....

We have a black German Shepherd. Big, tall, long guy @ 130 lbs. Nose always to the ground no matter where he is. When we have had a guest/visitor in the home - when he comes in he immediately will sniff the path they took around the house. LOL - very interesting to watch him. __________________

Wonder if any surveillance camera videos have been reviewed. Every new hotel has one nowadays. Have not heard anything about this yet!

Good night (morning) all...Praying for Hailey, her family, community and all those who love her. Extra prayers for all of the children who have to return to school tomorrow...especially her brother.

It's always good to have a fresh new thread to start working thru the confusing MSM reporting. :)

Tonite it's "did SA take a LDT or not?"

Well if BF picked BO up from work Monday evening, how did she get there that morning?

Maybe rode with someone else in the area? Or he did take her in before going to work himself... but then he left work right after arriving.

Welcome :) That neighbor bothers me .. was he watcher? to know what Hailey did everyday?

I think the cell phone was to stay at home. but who cell phone did Hailey had so brother could Text her?

It was the friend's phone that the brother texted. He was told to text the FRIEND to have Hailey come home.

I confused why uncle needed to share that:waitasec:

If a reporter is talking to you about polygraphs in relation to a missing child and you are a close relative of a missing child... you don't think they are going to ask if you've taken one?

If
they asked, once they asked if he had taken one, what was he supposed to say?

If he had refused to comment we would all be suspicious of him now.

If he had said yes he took one but refused to give the results, we'd all be suspicious now.

His best option was simply to say he took it and passed it.

I am guessing that if he wasn't directly asked, it was said in the context of the conversation about Shawn. Giving examples of the ways everyone else is cooperating...while he is refusing polygraphs. We had known that Billie and Clint volunteered for them already but did not know about other family members.

Someone asked a few pages back about the cost of SAR dogs vs. Police Dogs and if SAR dogs cost more. The answer is a big NO! SAR dogs are handled and trained by volunteers. The costs are absorbed by the owner/handler, there is no cost to the family, the county, anyone involved. Police K9's if called in and not on duty does obviously cost the city/county/state as they are an employee and acting in the capacity of their job.

Wonder if any surveillance camera videos have been reviewed. Every new hotel has one nowadays. Have not heard anything about this yet!

It was reported that the video at the Western Suites Motel was checked (because dogs showed "interest" here, but nothing was found on the tapes). Anyone have quick access to that link?

Someone asked a few pages back about the cost of SAR dogs vs. Police Dogs and if SAR dogs cost more. The answer is a big NO! SAR dogs are handled and trained by volunteers. The costs are absorbed by the owner/handler, there is no cost to the family, the county, anyone involved. Police K9's if called in and not on duty does obviously cost the city/county/state as they are an employee and acting in the capacity of their job.

I attended a demo by our local PD K9 unit. I believe they said each dog cost about $6000...

sarx- a dog's nose down on a trail that doesn't stray/venture outward much on a trail would indicate a newer trail to a handler?

Billie Dunn says she's avoiding the website because of the variety of comments on the page, some of which are critical of her and boyfriend, Shawn Adkins.

When asked whether accusations of foul play surrounding her boyfriend are upsetting she said "no".

Billie explained that she expects people to suspect family members first because of the precedent set by many nationally reported missing child cases of the past.

http://www.cbs7.com/news/details.asp?ID=23234

I don't know when Billie said this. It's in this article but it could be from days ago.

I wanted to bring this over from the previous thread (before calling it quits for the night) -- what do you all think of this statement in light of the reports that he refused three polygraphs?

I've already responded to someone else's post about this, but I think this is huge --- IF it's true:

From http://m.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/05/search-evidence-continues-missing-colorado-city-te/

Police were following leads Wednesday regarding information from evidence collected from the teen’s home and from the polygraph administered to Adkins.

BBM

That is saying that he DID take a poly...

Originally Posted by sarx

I think I understand....

We have a black German Shepherd. Big, tall, long guy @ 130 lbs. Nose always to the ground no matter where he is. When we have had a guest/visitor in the home - when he comes in he immediately will sniff the path they took around the house. LOL - very interesting to watch him. __________________
My sister had to put their precious black German Sheperd, down today. She was just over a year old, had been a little under the weather, but today, the vet found massive cancer in her bones, & there was nothing he could do. He even cried. They also have a traditional G shepherd, & watching those 2 dogs, is amazing. so smart & so protective. We babysat the black one, when she was little, & anytime this big, normally 'serious' dog would see my husband, she'd jump in his lap & lick his face. She remembered him playing with her.

I wanted to bring this over from the previous thread (before calling it quits for the night) -- what do you all think of this statement in light of the reports that he refused three polygraphs?
actually, how I interpreted early updates, was that he had taken 3 tests, & then walked away. Whether he took 3 or 0, things aren't looking too good for this man. If he hasn't lawyered up, now's the time, I guess.

I attended a demo by our local PD K9 unit. I believe they said each dog cost about $6000...

That's actually a quite reasonable price for a trained Police K9. Many go for 10 to 12 thousand. That number though is the price of purchasing the dog by the department only. That doesn't include anything after that or the officer's pay.

Search dogs work completely differently. You don't generally purchase a trained dog, you don't get paid for working them, etc.

My sister had to put their precious black German Sheperd, down today. She was just over a year old, had been a little under the weather, but today, the vet found massive cancer in her bones, & there was nothing he could do. He even cried. They also have a traditional G shepherd, & watching those 2 dogs, is amazing. so smart & so protective. We babysat the black one, when he was little, & anytime this big, normally 'serious' dog would see my husband, she'd jump in his lap & lick his face. She remembered him playing with her.

omg- how sad! Poor baby.

They are amazing dogs - smart as all get out.

sarx- a dog's nose down on a trail that doesn't stray/venture outward much on a trail would indicate a newer trail to a handler?

Oh how I wish it were that simple, my life would be so much easier, lol. No, sadly, some dogs always have their noses stuck to the ground, some go down and up, some stay up most of the time, some are down when it's fresh and up when it's old, and some are the exact opposite. No two are alike. A good handler can "work" any dog, but they're not going to be able to read someone else's dog. So, if the dog takes them straight to the person, it's all good. If he doesn't and the handler has to decipher what the dog did, there's where knowing the dog becomes key. By the same token, if a person hasn't trained on say an old trail (or a super fresh trail, or a car trail, or a trail in the rain, the list goes on and on), then they aren't going to know what to look for because they've never seen it.

Oh how I wish it were that simple, my life would be so much easier, lol. No, sadly, some dogs always have their noses stuck to the ground, some go down and up, some stay up most of the time, some are down when it's fresh and up when it's old, and some are the exact opposite. No two are alike. A good handler can "work" any dog, but they're not going to be able to read someone else's dog. So, if the dog takes them straight to the person, it's all good. If he doesn't and the handler has to decipher what the dog did, there's where knowing the dog becomes key. By the same token, if a person hasn't trained on say an old trail (or a super fresh trail, or a car trail, or a trail in the rain, the list goes on and on), then they aren't going to know what to look for because they've never seen it.

I just wanted to say thank you for explaining all of this. I find it totally fascinating...

So - a handler who has worked with one specific dog over a period of time gets to "know" that dog and can get a good read on the dog's reactions on a trail?

So - a handler who has worked with one specific dog over a period of time gets to "know" that dog and can get a good read on the dog's reactions on a trail?

Sure, provided that they have trained and experienced the situation before. When handlers work/train together often you get to the point where you can read other dogs in the group as well. Sometimes if you're resting say your dog you will run back up for another handler in your group, kinda like a second set of eyes on the dog, but that only works if you work/train together often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123