Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #5

Unhappy

So much of the rumor and confusion could be cleared up by appointing an LE spokesperson who could hold a daily press conference. The public is understandably frustrated. Everyone wants their children to be safe. There is a chance that there is a kidnapper or worse in their small community where they might be seeing this person every day, thinking that this person they know is safe because he or she is not a stranger.

I don't think anyone expects to be privy to every detail, but officials need to be accountable to the community. When CCPD tells the local newspaper and radio station thay they have searched everywhere that needs to be searched and done all of the questioning they can, then we find out the that they have taken no samples for testing, have not even looked at simple things like cell phone records, and the police Chief himself asks the public not to call unless they are sure their info is really important, the chaos which follows is to be expected.

Keeping the public reasonably informed is part of your job when you are a Chief of Police or a City Manager. I don't know how long ago CCity's Manager was with the FBI, but they do teach how and when to communicate with newsmedia and the public as part of the training at Quantico. It is a necessary skill for any LE or city admistrator, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by belimom View Post
    Based on the article I quoted on the first page , they did give him one and that's what led to the searches. I don't know which is more reliable - that article or the relatives saying he refused ALL three...

But it would sure be to his advantage to have it cleared up if he DID take a poly: all of these refusals have sent the public/media into a frenzy. Guilty or not, if you're tried/convicted in the public eye, then that can take a long time to go away. Not saying that the refusals are needed for folks to be inclined to think he's guilty - I think many people lean in that direction anyway - but those refusals sure will seal the deal for most folks. All just MOO.
    I think that we must consider the fact that this info is coming from the relatives, and LE has not exactly been forthcoming about even the most basic aspects of this investigation with anyone. If we use the example of SA's lies to Hailey's mom about coming home early/ having an argument/ being fired/ quitting his job , we can see that even if BO told them that SA didn't test at all, she may be relaying something which SA told her. Maybe it it true or maybe SA did not want to tell her about how the test went, so he just said he refused to take it. We just don't know.

As for the prescription drug info; prescription drug abuse is epidemic. We don't know if SA was prescribed this drug by a doctor, we don't know if he took what would be recommended as a theraputic dose, and we don't know if it was taken because a doctor told him to or because he thought it would influence the test results. The fact that a test was rescheduled to be admistered without the drug in his system makes be believe that it wasn't the type of long term drug therapy which would require a tapered withdrawal.

As always, that is simply my opinion.

3. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to TGIRecovered For This Useful Post:

I would really like to hear more from the neighbor who says he saw hailey in the yard during the noon hour. If he sees that much, then did he see what time the bf arrived home on Monday.?

Quote Originally Posted by crimejunkie View Post
    Good point Patty G. The article did not clarify whether they got that information from the police or BO or somewhere else. I guess that can put another twist on it that I wasn't thinking of before...is it reliable? You'd think it would be coming from three different family members. If not, why would these three lie? Or, have they just been misinformed? If so, by who?

Also, is this information more reliable than the other article where a reporter states that SA did take the poly on Wednesday? Who knows....you'd like to think that family can get more information than a reporter, but sometimes they have sources for info the family doesn't, I guess.

I lean towards the family's information being the most reliable in this situation, but I can easily see how someone else would find the opposite more reliable for many reasons. There is definitely two sides to every coin.
    I don't doubt that the relatives spotted SA at the police station, just question how they know that SA walked out of the poly refusing to take it.

Did they hear it from SA that he refused the poly OR from LE?

Maybe we will learn more today as I just want confirmation one way or another.
    Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:

They sure are slow in updating..........
    If there's hink....there must be stink.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tehcloser For This Useful Post:

I do think that if SA is not the one then they need to clear his name. ive heard on many cases where they get stuck on one person and it took years to accually find the real person, they need to clear Anyone that they can.

i do understand how he can be worried about the poly if his meds will mess with it or not, cause if something does turn uop it can point straight to him. not saying id do the same but there is some off logic to it. i dont agree with the decision but tryn to figure why. noone will know the real reason other than SA.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ajk For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Belief View Post
    I would really like to hear more from the neighbor who says he saw hailey in the yard during the noon hour. If he sees that much, then did he see what time the bf arrived home on Monday.?

If LE had even one confirmed sighting of Hailey at any time on the day she disappeared or since, I am sure that they would have said so by now. Why? Their public image in regard to this investigation is the pitts!

An entire week was spent publicly admitting they hadn't a clue what happened to Hailey and claiming that she had lied in order to run away. They completely neglected to pursue available avenues of electronic investigation and refused to organize any widespread searches, leaving it to mothers and fathers in the community to do it without LE guidance.

If they had one shred of physical or even circumstantial evidence that Hailey left that house alive, they would proclaim it loud and clear!

All My Opinion Only! (MOO)

12. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to TGIRecovered For This Useful Post:

as for me i believe that the poly is conducted in a way that they can work around the fact that hes on meds, that is why they ask the questions they know that are true all during the testing so i think. I think it depends on what meds hes on and how it effects the body. does anyone know what meds hes on that is keeping him from the poly?

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ajk For This Useful Post:

bellyup is offline "the more i see of man the more i like dogs." mme. de staŽl
    I'm frustrated this morning that nothing seems any clearer than.... well, mud.

Right now my thoughts are on DD. Why is he talking to media? Is he staying alone at BD's house or is he staying with CD ? Someone needs to protect him from media (or anyone else who might wish to question or harm him) .... even at 16 he is still a child and doesn't know what to say or what not to say to specific people IMO. It has to be a very hard situation for him to be in.

Have there been any interviews with CD that I missed ? ? I know he's been beside BD most of the time, but i haven't heard him speak. Was he at work on the day Hailey went missing?

Also Sarx ... if you can.... it was questioned on NG and here yesterday...
    Can a trailing dog distinguish a trail over a route that was frequently taken by the person and indicate if that trail was either 4 or 5 days old?
    As Hailey walked to her dads frequently and we know she had walked there the day before she went missing I am not sure a dog could tell the difference? I think that seems to stretch their capabilities a bit even if the dog were the best trained trailing dog?
    Last edited by bellyup; 01-06-2011 at 11:15 AM.
    "He who does not prevent a crime when he can, encourages it.Ē

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bellyup For This Useful Post:

I thought about him being only 16 and it bothered me at first, then I thought back to when my own boys were that age. If their sister had been missing, I don't think it would have bothered me had they been talking to the media. A 16 yo can be very mature. It might even make him feel like he is doing something to help. And from what I've seen of the Dad, if he didn't want the Son talking to the media, I don't think he would be.

18. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to tehcloser For This Useful Post:

What was the day before Haileys disappearance like?
    Do we have any details about Christmas and the 26th.
    I was thinking of a mysterious gift? a 'special' call?
    What was SA like toward mom and daughter.
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TGIRecovered View Post
    If LE had even one confirmed sighting of Hailey at any time on the day she disappeared or since, I am sure that they would have said so by now. Why? Their public image in regard to this investigation is the pitts!

An entire week was spent publicly admitting they hadn't a clue what happened to Hailey and claiming that she had lied in order to run away. They completely neglected to pursue available avenues of electronic investigation and refused to organize any widespread searches, leaving it to mothers and fathers in the community to do it without LE guidance.

If they had one shred of physical or even circumstantial evidence that Hailey left that house alive, they would proclaim it loud and clear!

All My Opinion Only! (MOO)
    the road they live on is not realy that much of a used road, tho i use it every now and then. the road that leads to the motel used to have nothing on it after a couple blocks from her home, theres a couple of blocks after her home that have houses and after that theres empty fields, i think that might be why theres no sightings no telling tho. i do know as this all started i thought that she was a runaway, but as soon as i found out she didnt bring anything with her i had a bad feeling about it, kids have ran before wihtout taking anythng and it is very possible but as a teen i was a runaway and i didnt dare leave without what was important to me.

22. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ajk For This Useful Post:

If my daughter was missing, I would be so worried about others in my family.
    Unless I had a good idea of what happened...........
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

In Laci P case I remember an elderly lady that said she saw Laci take a walk IIRC,
    but it was her memory playing tricks on her. She had seen Laci P walk her dog so often everyday at the same time. It was not true. I myself am bad at times and dates.
    Heck, I have to look at computer to see what day of week it is!
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

I had to look to see what day it was this morning, lol. I was a day behind as usual.

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tehcloser For This Useful Post:

I checked and so far no scanner link for Hailey.........have any locals checked their scanners if they have them.........post at scanner chatter in basement. TIA
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

Finally caught up from about 9:30 last night.

So first off, here is the map...
    http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...e39a7c915091bd

I added the landfill and the route form Snyder (SA's former employer) to Big Spring (SA's parents' residence)

Someone mentioned thinking that SA hasn't lawyered up because he does not have much financial means. While I may be wrong, I think, just basing this on the size of his parents' house, I think his parents have money. Since he appears to have a relationship with his parents, as in he is reported to have gone there after he left work on the 27th, I can't imagine a parents not doing whatever they could for their son. But as I said, this is just speculation on my part.

The video showing investigators in the shed was definitely shot from behind the house at 1804 Chestnut (Billie's house), as many of the same indicators, such as carport type structure/porch awning coming off the back of the house and down trees are identical to that in the Google Street View photos.

The privacy fence that people are questioning only goes from the left side of the house, as you are facing the front of the house and back, so only blocking 2 sides of the backyard. The 2 open sides are the side that runs parallel to 18th Street and the back, which runs along the alley way. The shed in question can be seen vaguely in Google Street View.

thank you Hollye you rock!!

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to peeples For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by crocus View Post
    And before I leave - here is Amanadareckonwith's PB case archive album link for Hailey -

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...TX-/?start=all

I hadn't seen those photos of Hailey's room. I wonder where they were pulled from. Is this Hailey's room at Billie's house or Clint's house? I assume Billie's but it doesn't say. A couple of things struck me...

1 ~ the mattress on the floor, is it common for kids to not have their mattress on a bed frame? I am so anal about things like that that I find it a bit odd, though it may not be to many

2 ~ the color of the room, it reminded me of Zahra and the color of her room, when I saw it, I was struck with sadness for both sweet girls

34. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to hollye For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hollye View Post

I hadn't seen those photos of Hailey's room. I wonder where they were pulled from. Is this Hailey's room at Billie's house or Clint's house? I assume Billie's but it doesn't say. A couple of things struck me...

1 ~ the mattress on the floor, is it common for kids to not have their mattress on a bed frame? I am so anal about things like that that I find it a bit odd, though it may not be to many

2 ~ the color of the room, it reminded me of Zahra and the color of her room, when I saw it, I was struck with sadness for both sweet girls
    I do not think it uncommon for a teen to sleep on a matress on the floor. I had many friends that did that, though that was YEARS ago. However, what strikes me as strange is that there are no sheets on the mattress. I am wondering if this is a recent photo.
    Mindfulness must be engaged. Once there is seeing, there must be acting. Otherwise, what is the use of seeing?
    ---Thich Nhat Hanh

36. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mechelle69 For This Useful Post:

A few had questioned whether or not Hailey had lived in the house on Chestnut. I personally think that they have been there at least a few years. Reason being that is also the only address that we have been able to come up with online for Clint, as well as Billie. I figured out which house Clint was now living in, but can find nothing online that ties him to that residence or to verify the actual house number.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hollye For This Useful Post:

Why doesn't the poor child have a proper bed??
    all my children have a box spring and frame, although a lot came form freecycle and aren't the prettiest that makes me sad for her

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peeples For This Useful Post:

Here are my thoughts on the shed:

It could possibly be used as a hangout or private area for Hailey, sort of like a clubhouse. When I was her age I would have loved a spot like that to read in (this was prior to internet). She may also be able to pick up a neighbors WiFi from that spot, which could explain why she would hang out in the back yard with her "phone", as reported by a neighbor. The neighbor could have confused her Ipod with a phone if they aren't familiar with those devices. We know she had some access to FB and internet from somewhere.

Also, if she DID runaway (I don't think this is the case), but if she did, she may have had a hidden stash of clothing and necessities in the shed for whenever she decided to leave.

I'm just trying to think of what I would have done at her age. I was a very good kid until I hit my later teens, which gave my parents a false sense of trust in me, so my sneakiness went unnoticed for a long time. No one would have expected me to do some of the things I did!

42. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JenRen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mechelle69 View Post
    I do not think it uncommon for a teen to sleep on a matress on the floor. I had many friends that did that, though that was YEARS ago. However, what strikes me as strange is that there are no sheets on the mattress. I am wondering if this is a recent photo.

I am wondering if they were taken as a scent item or as evidence.

44. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to hollye For This Useful Post:

Here are some of my own questions...

Who is conducting the polys, and what are there credentials?

Why, if polys are inadmissable in court, are so much stock put into them? It seems to me that if they were so sure-fire, they would be admissable. As for the accuracy%, well, who knows for sure.

Who all has taken the polys, and how many of them failed? Who failed and then got to retest. How many retests were given before a passing result was accepted?

Why will LE not release any info? It seems like they are not even telling the family much.
    I would understand being tight lipped about a possible suspect, but they also haven't cleared anyone. In MOO, it is because they are grasping at straws, and doing anything they can to take the focus of the public's outcry over their possible mishandling of the case and direct it ANYWHERE else.

Also, any of you out there with knowledge of other cases - how many other cases are there out there that are similar to this one in regards to failed/supposedly failed polys by people who were later cleared?

46. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to czgtz For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast