NY NY - Brooklyn, Belt Pkwy @ E 6th St, WhtMale 40-55, UP5784, hit by car, dental work, Jul'02

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since Snufamonboball had such good luck with NYC cases, I decided to take a look at a few. This one looks pretty close to me (particularly the B&W photo).

I am seeing similar marks right at the hairline (not sure if it's a widow's peak, or a scar), and a similar blemish between the eyebrows, just slightly to the left (viewer's right) of center (seen in Fatih's color photo). I also see common apparent scars on the upper right (viewer's left) side of their foreheads, and on their cheeks just to the left (viewer's right) of their noses.

His hair is quite lighter than Fatih's hair in his color photo, but I think he was younger in that photo than he was in the B&W photo.

WARNING!! MORGUE PHOTOS AT BELOW LINKS!!!
https://identifyus.org/cases/5784
https://identifyus.org/medias/full/5432

Fatih Algul
algul_fatih.jpg
algul_fatih2.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/algul_fatih.html

I just left a message with Benjamin Figura of the NYC ME office.

I see a lot of similiarities. Only differences I see are the eye color. UID is listed as having brown eyes, Fatih is listed as having green eyes. Since the UID was found the same day he was struck by the automobile, I'd lean towards they could still tell his correct eye color. However, there is always the possibility either listing has a data entry error on the eye color.

Not that the color Charley Project photo is great for teeth, but Fatih doesn't appear to have the heavy staining/discoloration that the UID shows on his upper teeth. Though we don't know how old that color photo is, and I agree with you Fatih appears younger in the color than the black and white photo. Also depending on the time difference between photo's that could explain the apparent tooth decay on the UID.

Should be an easy rule in rule out if dentals are available for Fatih. Let's hope dentals are available for Fatih.

Nice possible match Carl!

Not that the color Charley Project photo is great for teeth, but Fatih doesn't appear to have the heavy staining/discoloration that the UID shows on his upper teeth. Though we don't know how old that color photo is, and I agree with you Fatih appears younger in the color than the black and white photo. Also depending on the time difference between photo's that could explain the apparent tooth decay on the UID.

Should be an easy rule in rule out if dentals are available for Fatih. Let's hope dentals are available for Fatih.

According to NamUs, three of the UID's upper front incisors are pontics (i.e., either implants, or part of a fixed bridge). His upper left lateral incisor (#10) is missing antemortem, and the upper left canine (#11) shifted into the space left by the missing #10. Also, his upper-right bicuspids and canine and his upper-left canine are covered with gold crowns (as are two of his lower-left teeth).

So in the color photo, if he is the UID, either his teeth could be clean implants, or the picture was taken before he lost his original teeth.

Welcome to WS jen&jonhart!

I like that one too Ht's off but within the normal range we consider.

The dental work is putting me off. Wish there was a photo of EF with his mouth open.Probably not him you would think if it was they would have mentioned dental work. Thanks for the welcome.

I got a call back from Benjamin Figura of the NYC MedEx office. He didn't seem too interested in looking at it. I pointed out that Fatih's B&W photo appeared to show a similar scar to the left (viewer's right) of his nose. He says that his records don't indicate any scars there.

(All you have to do is look at the postmortem to see that there is a minor scar there.)

He said that the age is off and the height is a couple of inches off. He said that if I can get the family to come in and submit DNA, maybe he'll look at it, but unless I can come up with something more than just a photo comparison, he is not going to bother with it.

No wonder these folks have so many UID's

Stanislaw Dul who was just added to NAMPN, looks quite similar to this John Doe.

2175557260045078242_zps563ee615.jpg

http://www.nampn.org/cases/dul_stanislaw.html

Warning: Postmortem Photo At Link
https://identifyus.org/medias/full/5432

His height is within an inch, the Geography is good, and the timeframe is reasonable, given that this UID seems to have been living on the street for some time.

The big question is the teeth. The UID was missing all of his upper incisors (7 - 10) and was wearing a dental bridge to replace 7, 8, and 9. The #10 must have been a relatively recent loss, or it would have been included in his bridge. There is no indication that Stanislaw was missing teeth, or wore a bridge (FWIW).

NamUs profile last modified: Jan 23, 2013

2 rule-outs:

Michael Allan 1954 Florida
James Bradford 1942 Arizona

I also noticed his DNA is uploaded to SDIS (state level) is there a way to convince them to upload it to CODIS (national level)?

Why would they only upload it to a state level?

Am I misunderstanding the levels? If it is only at a state level it cannot be automaticaly compared to other states/nation wide?

http://www.dna.gov/solving-crimes/cold-cases/howdatabasesaid/ldisndissdis/

Bumping. I am thinking of contacting Benjamin Figura on the status of all NYC UIDs listed here. After 9/11 and with the new interest in Hart Island aka potter's field, the NYC OCME has been overwhelmed and cases like this go by the wayside.

I got a call back from Benjamin Figura of the NYC MedEx office. He didn't seem too interested in looking at it. I pointed out that Fatih's B&W photo appeared to show a similar scar to the left (viewer's right) of his nose. He says that his records don't indicate any scars there.

(All you have to do is look at the postmortem to see that there is a minor scar there.)

He said that the age is off and the height is a couple of inches off. He said that if I can get the family to come in and submit DNA, maybe he'll look at it, but unless I can come up with something more than just a photo comparison, he is not going to bother with it.

No wonder these folks have so many UID's

OMG.:eek:. well that is really comforting..:confused:. I hope I don’t become an unidentified person in my own home town:eek:

Bumping. I am thinking of contacting Benjamin Figura on the status of all NYC UIDs listed here. After 9/11 and with the new interest in Hart Island aka potter's field, the NYC OCME has been overwhelmed and cases like this go by the wayside.
Speaking about being overwhelmed... now with the pandemic and all those deaths and how many more ended up in harts Island in just 2 months.. gives a new meaning to overwhelmed!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back