1595 users online (255 members and 1340 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 99 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

2011.01.06 Baez Slapped with Formal Sanction

Seems Judge Perry is putting his foot down:

"Chief Judge Belvin Perry today filed his written order hitting attorney Jose Baez with a sanction for a "willful violation" of an earlier court order to turn over expert witness discovery information to the prosecution.

As a result, Baez will have to pay $583.73 in prosecutor's "attorney's fees" and provide written reports for all expert witnesses."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,2881376.story

So, will this have any impact on how the defense moves forward? Do you think the stalling on handing over these documents is due to incompetence or does the defense really have nothing?

tee hee

Thankful to see the wheels of justice finally turning in FL for Caylee.
    ~ krimekat ~
    Live in Peace & Peace will live in you

++++++++++++
    Forum Information & Esoterica

I think we'll finally see if the defense actually has a case. My guess is most expert testimony will try to knock a lot of the evidence, as we've read, as "junk science." Personally, I don't see anything the defense comes up with getting past the 31 days...that to me is the nail in the coffin right there.

First step...Formal Sanction
    Second Step...Disbarred

One can only hope...
    -Si vis pacem, para bellum.

-Senatus Populus Que Romanus

-Why is it, if you help someone get away with a crime before they are arrested you are an accomplice...but if you help them get away with a crime after they are arrested you are a defense attorney?

What can I say besides......

................ ......... ...........

Mr. Baez shall have five days to contest the amount; otherwise, this order will become final and Mr. Baez shall deliver the check, made payable to the 'State of Florida' to assistant state attorney Jeff Ashton within seven days.

MY FAVORITE PART OF THE LINK
    A Mother's love is a lifelong commitment
    to selflessness

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Orlando View Post

"Chief Judge Belvin Perry today filed his written order hitting attorney Jose Baez with a sanction for a "willful violation" of an earlier court order to turn over expert witness discovery information to the prosecution.

As a result, Baez will have to pay $583.73 in prosecutor's "attorney's fees" and provide written reports for all expert witnesses."

So, will this have any impact on how the defense moves forward? Do you think the stalling on handing over these documents is due to incompetence or does the defense really have nothing?
    Well the is over

I liked it when I heard it, I like it even more now that I read it in the form of an Order by the Chief Judge

anyone?
    ----------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------
    "There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first is excellent, the second good, and the third useless.

--Niccolo Machiavelli"

Quote Originally Posted by Intermezzo View Post
    Well the is over

I liked it when I heard it, I like it even more now that I read it in the form of an Order by the Chief Judge

anyone?
    Did you mention "cake"? Yes please!

I also giggled at the 10 days Baez has from the date of the order to have his expert canine report done. Guess there was no mind meld for the SA/Defense before 3PM that day.

Quote Originally Posted by MD MOMMY View Post
    Mr. Baez shall have five days to contest the amount; otherwise, this order will become final and Mr. Baez shall deliver the check, made payable to the 'State of Florida' to assistant state attorney Jeff Ashton within seven days.

MY FAVORITE PART OF THE LINK
    "Baez has to provide the court with a copy of the check."

Baez, you have not only lost Judge Perry's respect, you have also lost his trust.

Good luck working with *that.*
    We have enough youth. How about looking for a Fountain of Smart?

The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE
    Talk about a picture being worth 1,000 words... thank you once again Red Huber for your masterful (and always legally-compliant) work with the telephoto lens!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,3430840.story
    You can hold back from the suffering of the world. You have free permission to do so and it is in accordance with your nature.
    But perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could have avoided.
    Franz Kafka

Be not simply good. Be good for something.
    HDT

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Orlando View Post

"bout time.

Hello Mr. Baez.
    moo

Beautiful Rox.
    Sept. 18, 1997 - May 26 2012
    Rest peacefully my love I'll forever miss you.

I noticed the article said the defense and prosecution had come to an 'agreement' about when the expert's reports were to be in. JB has 20 days for some and 10 days for one of them. I wish they hadn't given JB so much time, I am sure he is going to file a motion saying he shouldn't have to comply with the judge's ruling.
    Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad.
    Euripides

JSR is offline Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets. -Arthur Miller
    I bet it's really going to chap JB's @$$ to hand over a check of his own $$$ over to the state.

I FREAKING love it!!!!!!!!
    Indeed the Irony IS Rich

Jodi Arias- "Quick on the slime, Slow on the facts"- From Juan's Closing Argument

"The difference between a stumbling block and stepping stone is the character of the person walking the path."- Travis Victor Alexander

Well his house is in foreclosure, his income is only $3 per hour- I wonder if he'll have to go over to Amscot and get a pay day advance in order to pay JAshton? The irony would be very rich indeed..

Quote Originally Posted by Macushla View Post
    I noticed the article said the defense and prosecution had come to an 'agreement' about when the expert's reports were to be in. JB has 20 days for some and 10 days for one of them. I wish they hadn't given JB so much time, I am sure he is going to file a motion saying he shouldn't have to comply with the judge's ruling.
    I believe he said as much yesterday. You know, for an attorney who can't open his mouth without the words "I don't anticipate any problems..." spilling forth, he has a remarkable way of running into problems.

Page 1 of 99 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast