Elizabeth Edwards leaves husband John out of will

*~Aimee~*

A Dream is a wish your Heart Makes
Reaction score
Elizabeth Edwards leaves husband John out of will

http://www.thetelegraph.com/articles/husband-49113-john-leaves.html

The will Elizabeth Edwards signed days before her death last month makes no mention of her estranged husband and two-time presidential candidate John Edwards.

The document Elizabeth Edwards signed Dec. 1, six days before her death, also names her eldest child, lawyer Cate Edwards, as the executor of her estate.

Good!! I would have been disappointed if she left him anything. Maybe she should have left him like a dollar , and said something mean and sarcastic along with it, but I think she had more class than that.(unlike me)

Good for her. RIP Elizabeth.

Like he needs or deserves 10 cents of that money that should go to her kids.

The whole thing is so sad, to have to spend her last days sick and heartbroken. I feel sorry for the children they are the innocent victims here. I would think even if she did leave John something he would give it to his children. I just hope he gives those kids the love and care they need, I haven't been keeping up with the whole story but I know John has to feel really bad for what he did.

Good for her!

I heard a report this am that the National Enquirer is claiming that JE has proposed to the Hunter. If this is true, I think it is despicable.

Moo

wm

I would of done the same.
Good for Elizabeth to knowher children would need money in their future.
John will have a great pension, benefits etc.
If he remarried then the money she would of left to him could go to new wife if he died.
Protecting our children should always be on our minds.
IMO, he made is bed...........now lay in it.

In my very humble opinion, I don't believe this good woman made this choice with any insulting intent. She was very much moving beyond her marriage and her focus was her family. Business is business no matter what the circumstances surrounding such decisions that must be made.

Elizabeth Edwards personified a good heart, a strong faith, and endless love for those around her. I admire this woman.....

In my very humble opinion, I don't believe this good woman made this choice with any insulting intent. She was very much moving beyond her marriage and her focus was her family. Business is business no matter what the circumstances surrounding such decisions that must be made.

Elizabeth Edwards personified a good heart, a strong faith, and endless love for those around her. I admire this woman.....

I don't for one second believe Elizabeth did this for any vindictive reasons. It was the reasonable and sensible thing to do.

I think she had forgiven John for his indiscretions or he wouldn't have been at her bedside when she died. This is not a woman who carried vendettas around in her heart. That is one of the things that made this wonderful woman very special.

She knew John doesn't need any of her assets. He has plenty of his own.

IMO

I don't for one second believe Elizabeth did this for any vindictive reasons. It was the reasonable and sensible thing to do.

I think she had forgiven John for his indiscretions or he wouldn't have been at her bedside when she died. This is not a woman who carried vendettas around in her heart. That is one of the things that made this wonderful woman very special.

She knew John doesn't need any of her assets. He has plenty of his own.

IMO

Indeed. The same article says JE was with his wife "around the clock" through her final days. He has plenty of money of his own, so why shouldn't she leave hers to the children? For all we know, he participated in the preparation of her will with her.

And now that he is no longer married, why shouldn't he propose to the mother of his latest child? That used to be considered the right thing to do.

Indeed. The same article says JE was with his wife "around the clock" through her final days. He has plenty of money of his own, so why shouldn't she leave hers to the children? For all we know, he participated in the preparation of her will with her.

And now that he is no longer married, why shouldn't he propose to the mother of his latest child? That used to be considered the right thing to do.

Oh it is absolutely the right thing to do, I just didn't expect it so soon after EE's passing. Heaven knows, little FQ needs her father and deserves to know her brother and sisters. I feel so bad for the baby because she can't help who she is and it seems she will be labeled a 'love child' forever in the media.

Here's a link to the report in the Enquirer FWIW........

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/john_edwards_secret_proposal_rielle_hunter/celebrity/69954

MOO

wm

Oh it is absolutely the right thing to do, I just didn't expect it so soon after EE's passing. Heaven knows, little FQ needs her father and deserves to know her brother and sisters. I feel so bad for the baby because she can't help who she is and it seems she will be labeled a 'love child' forever in the media.

Here's a link to the report in the Enquirer FWIW........

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/john_edwards_secret_proposal_rielle_hunter/celebrity/69954
MOO
wm

Maybe he better consider his children with Elizabeth. Three weeks after their mother dies, and they are directed to call another woman "Mommy?"

Maybe he better consider his children with Elizabeth. Three weeks after their mother dies, and they are directed to call another woman "Mommy?"

It's a report from the NE. Take all with a grain of salt. That said, I'll play devil's advocate. Perhaps this family *all* came to a place that worked for them. Is it our business? Not so much nor should it be. Privacy was one thing Elizabeth Edwards held *very* close her last weeks of life. The guy may be a total fool, but to be fair, he was with his ex-wife during her transition time of life. Do you think there was much drama still existing if Elizabeth Edwards allowed him to be there? I think not.

imvho

Per Wiki, his youngest child with his first wife is now 10-years-old. Even if one believes the Enquirer, I doubt you can make a 10-year-old boy call you "mommy."

She was a wise woman and the decision was probably made with much thought and planned for the needs of all. I do not know why anyone would think he would be in the will.

May she RIP.

Per Wiki, his youngest child with his first wife is now 10-years-old. Even if one believes the Enquirer, I doubt you can make a 10-year-old boy call you "mommy."

That little boy shouldn't have to call that woman anything except "my sister's mother", IMO.

To even think of making a wedding announcement now so soon after their mother's death would be an incredible slap in the face to the Edwards children.

She was a wise woman and the decision was probably made with much thought and planned for the needs of all. I do not know why anyone would think he would be in the will.

May she RIP.

I agree, Gozgals.

IMO, I think EE and JE came to terms and agreements about things before her death. EE was a very smart woman. IDK anything for sure, but feel that EE and JE most likelt had discussions before her death regarding the future of their children as well as his plans for the future with RH and FQ.

I am leaning toward the thought that there was a 'come to Jesus meeting' between JE and EE regarding his intentions in this matter before her death.
Thus, he was written out of her will just days before her death to insure that her children were the only benefactors of her estate.

I don't blame her for insuring that her nemesis couldn't indirectly (thru JE) benefit from her assets. This woman betrayed EE and the E children while on the campaign trail with JE. If I were EE, I wouldn't put anything past her. This is why I think EE & JE had a heart to heart and she wrote him out of the will at the last minute. She knew his intentions, IMO.

Maybe I just wish to hope that there was some genuine honesty between these two during EE's last days.

I am still disappointed to hear that JE allegedly proposed so soon after EE's death.

MOO

wm

That little boy shouldn't have to call that woman anything except "my sister's mother", IMO.

To even think of making a wedding announcement now so soon after their mother's death would be an incredible slap in the face to the Edwards children.

Well, at the same age and under similar circumstances (except that my mother wasn't dead), I called my stepmother by her first name. As I wrote above, I doubt JE's 10-year-old son is calling anyone "mommy."

A slap in the fact to EE's children? Only if they choose to see it as such.

And delaying the marriage would be no kindness to his latest child.

Sounds like JE and EE had made peace with one another. Maybe all of the other children were included in that reconciliation as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back