JonBenet's case on Anderson Cooper 360

eileenhawkeye

Reaction score
I just wanted to let everyone know that tomorrow (1/7), there is going to be a segment about JonBenet's case on Anderson Cooper 360. His show is on at 10 P.M. EST on CNN. It's part of this new thing they're doing called "360's Most Notorious Cold Cases" where they focus on one cold case (today it was Notorious BIG and Tupac) for a segment on the show. Also, Anderson really pronounces the French in JonBenet's name which I like. LOL.

According to a poster on the Topix forum, the previews for the episode showed an interview with John Ramsey. I'm interested in hearing what he has to say about Burke refusing to be reinterviewed.

What does everyone think about Burke having never done an interview? I'm glad that he isn't a big attention seeker going on every media outlet possible but I've also wondered why he's never just done one sit-down interview with Oprah. In 2006, when John Ramsey was on Larry King Live, Larry said that Burke came with John to the studio. I wonder if Burke was planning on being on the show with his dad but changed his mind at the last minute?

I'm not expecting him to reveal new details but he is in a very unique position. I have always wondered what his opinion is of his little sister becoming a national obsession. What does he think when he sees "Toddlers and Tiaras"? Or a tabloid with JonBenet on the cover? I also know someone who sent Burke on FB a graphic (a desktop background? i don't remember exactly) that they made of JonBenet and Burke replied back that it was really sweet of them to make that and he appreciated it.

I wonder what he thinks about videos like these:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2840YCxoaE[/ame] [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UCQEOFdYSM&feature=related[/ame]

I can't rule Burke out as being the killer so it is possible that he doesn't want to do an interview incase he slips up. There would also be a lot of people scrutinizing his body language and comments so I can see why he would want to avoid them. I also wonder how much loyalty to his father keeps him away from the cameras.

Thanks Eileen..I have a lot of questions about Burke too!

I just wanted to let everyone know that tomorrow (1/7), there is going to be a segment about JonBenet's case on Anderson Cooper 360. His show is on at 10 P.M. EST on CNN. It's part of this new thing they're doing called "360's Most Notorious Cold Cases" where they focus on one cold case (today it was Notorious BIG and Tupac) for a segment on the show. Also, Anderson really pronounces the French in JonBenet's name which I like. LOL.
BBM: Not to mention he's not hard on the eyes!

Re Burke: I doubt we will ever see him doing interview shows about all this. He has people and party lines and reputations to protect (including his own). If we ever hear anything from him voluntarily, I'm thinking it will be in book form after a couple of family members have died and if the family money runs out. Even then, I doubt we will hear the real story coming from him.

According to a poster on the Topix forum, the previews for the episode showed an interview with John Ramsey. I'm interested in hearing what he has to say about Burke refusing to be reinterviewed.

What does everyone think about Burke having never done an interview? I'm glad that he isn't a big attention seeker going on every media outlet possible but I've also wondered why he's never just done one sit-down interview with Oprah. In 2006, when John Ramsey was on Larry King Live, Larry said that Burke came with John to the studio. I wonder if Burke was planning on being on the show with his dad but changed his mind at the last minute?

I'm not expecting him to reveal new details but he is in a very unique position. I have always wondered what his opinion is of his little sister becoming a national obsession. What does he think when he sees "Toddlers and Tiaras"? Or a tabloid with JonBenet on the cover? I also know someone who sent Burke on FB a graphic (a desktop background? i don't remember exactly) that they made of JonBenet and Burke replied back that it was really sweet of them to make that and he appreciated it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2840YCxoaE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UCQEOFdYSM&feature=related

I can't rule Burke out as being the killer so it is possible that he doesn't want to do an interview incase he slips up. There would also be a lot of people scrutinizing his body language and comments so I can see why he would want to avoid them. I also wonder how much loyalty to his father keeps him away from the cameras.

I'll tell you what I think about those videos! I think that first one is disgusting! Whomever put it together has no heart!

I'm sorry to get so upset. But family is all we have in this world, no matter who they are or what they've done.

The other one was lovely. I'm sure Burke would make JonBenet proud.

What happened that day and too that family, can ultimately be laid at the parents feet.

Dave, the second one made me cry. That dang song..Yikes...

What happened that day and too that family, can ultimately be laid at the parents feet.

Dave, the second one made me cry. That dang song..Yikes...

I know. I feel it, too.

Look, Burke is the one person I've NEVER suspected, and I get upset when people make fun of him or suggest that maybe he did it. That's totally off-limits with me. And even though I think he's shown poor judgment by not being interviewed, I can understand it.

I extend my sincerest sympathies to Burke Ramsey. I can't even imagine what these last fifteen years have been like for him. I also know what it means to lose a mother to cancer. It's the worst thing in the world.

Just to stay on the subject, I'm not expecting anything great from Anderson Cooper's show tonight. If nothing else, and this is something I've often said, one has to understand that referring to JonBenet's death (notice I didn't say murder) as a "cold case" is a gigantic misnomer. I mean, is nuclear radiation cold? He**, no! Well, that's what this case is: radioactive. It contaminates everything and everyone who comes near it.

This one is beautiful too and there are some natural pictures of JonBenet I haven't seen prior. What do you all think of the age enhanced picture of JonBenet?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmagPQraxSY&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

This thread is hitting deep with me today (thanks Eileen, I hold you responsible for that dang song...LOL).

Last I heard BR, was still seeing a psychologist at the age of 19. Sure we can say, he's had a lot of trauma in his life. The accidental death of his oldest sister, the brutal murder of his youngest sister (knowing some if not all of the details. Oh come on, he was young, not stupid or deaf. He heard things and lots of things over the years), the loss of friends, and his mothers battle with cancer. Thats a heaping pile on a young boys plate. I can understand where he might need someone to talk too, but.......

In the back of my mind, I cannot, beyond a shadow of doubt rule BR out. Children do kill children...

Mary Bell…. In December, 1968, Mary Flora Bell, of Newcastle Upon Tyne, England, was convicted of manslaughter for the killings of two boys, three and four years old. Mary was just eleven at the time.

Amarjeet Sada…. 8 y/o supposedly murdered two infant cousins and a neighbors baby.

Jon Venables and Robert Thompson were ten-years-old when they abducted two-year-old James Bulger (All these stories break my heart, but this one, bothers me so badly. I almost didnt post it)

Dedrick Owens… 6 y/o school shooting

Young children are capable of committing murder.

I have conflicting emotions when it comes to BR, was he, his sisters end or was it engineered to appear that way? It looks like anyone of them or more then one did this horrible thing. Thus, making it impossible to be 100% sure of whom you point the finger at....

My BR theory always involves the three... One hit and two strangled, they were in it together.. In that theory, that is....

Could be, it was just a lucky break, that this crime was so terribly confusing and bungled so badly.

What ever happened, I still pray for BR, as he was a child and all responsibility for what happened then and what happened after, I lay at the feet of his parents...

For the first video, the person who made it defended it by saying, "The song however is very cute and 3 years later honestly i've gone to more serious tributes. this was one of my very early works. I nothing but respect the Ramseys and feel sorry for the horrible loss they suffered 14 years ago." According to their profile, they're 17 now so they were 14 when they made it. I don't think they meant to be disrespectful or heartless. It does seem like a lot of the tributes to JonBenet on YouTube are made by preteens and young teenagers. Some of them do come across as being "fans" of JonBenet but I think they're just young. For example:

http://www.youtube.com/user/GottaLoveJonBenet
http://www.youtube.com/user/JonBenetdollxoxo
http://www.youtube.com/user/LovelyJonBenet
http://www.youtube.com/user/GorgeousJonBenet
http://www.youtube.com/user/AdorableJonBenet

Agatha, where did you hear that Burke is still seeing a therapist? I can't say that I blame him.

For the first video, the person who made it defended it by saying, "The song however is very cute and 3 years later honestly i've gone to more serious tributes. this was one of my very early works. I nothing but respect the Ramseys and feel sorry for the horrible loss they suffered 14 years ago." According to their profile, they're 17 now so they were 14 when they made it. I don't think they meant to be disrespectful or heartless. It does seem like a lot of the tributes to JonBenet on YouTube are made by preteens and young teenagers.

Agatha, where did you hear that Burke is still seeing a therapist? I can't say that I blame him.

I have it saved in my notes. I'll see if I can find it for you. It was in an interview with JR and they were outside the office waiting for BR to get out of the therapist.

I really wish that AC360 would put up a schedule of all the cold cases they plan on showing. I would really like to know if they're going to do a segment on Etan Patz. It seems like they're doing this all month so they have quite a few more cold cases to go. The only commercials I've seen for it show JonBenet's grave, Notorious BIG, and some people I could not identify. One of them showing a child running or riding a bike (I can't remember) and said something like "Never seen again" or "Disappeared Without A Trace". I didn't recognize the child at all even though I think I have a big knowledge of infamous crimes.

There's a new article about JonBenet's case and how it became a big story on CNN:

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/...tions-on-the-jonbenet-ramsey-case/#more-96078

They said that JonBenet's murder was a local story at first and it wasn't until John and Patsy appeared on CNN on New Years Day, that it became a national obsession. Um, doesn't every murder start out as a local story? Even if J&P hadn't appeared on CNN, the media would have eventually gotten ahold of her pageant videos (Old articles indicate that her pageant experience was known by 12/28) and the story would have blown up from there. I can also see many newspapers from across the country reporting about JonBenet's murder during the week between Christmas and New Years so it wasn't being completed ignored like they're implying. It seems like CNN just wants everyone to know that they ~discovered~ this story and how ABC ignored it. CNN obviously asked the Ramseys to come on the show because they knew that JonBenet's pageants + the family's wealth equaled a huge story. If the R's had declined their request, they still would have shown those videos.

So John Walsh is IDI.... Who would have thunk it?

So John Walsh is IDI.... Who would have thunk it?

Good thing, because the first segment was RDI--they never mentioned Lou Smit or any of the intruder ideas. The DNA was skimmed over very briefly, instead focus was on BR.

I like the parallel investigation suggestion of John Walsh. Its different than fence-sitting. For sure there's nothing parallel going on around here!

Good thing, because the first segment was RDI--they never mentioned Lou Smit or any of the intruder ideas. The DNA was skimmed over very briefly, instead focus was on BR.

a)I like the parallel investigation suggestion of John Walsh. Its different than fence-sitting. b)For sure there's nothing parallel going on around here!

Bold and letters by me:

a) Sounds good to me!

b) Well then, get to it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2840YCxoaE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UCQEOFdYSM&feature=related

I cried when I watched "Because You Loved Me". Kinda ironic that one of the lines of the song is..."Through the lies, you were the truth".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back