Server Connection Performance Issues 2011.01.07

BondJamesBond

Blunt Instrument
Reaction score
Hi everyone. :wave:

If you find yourself doin' this => :banghead: 'cause of connectivity issues recently....you're not alone.

WS Admin is aware of the issue and is working around the clock...without bathroom breaks...until the issue is resolved, or until the puddle on the floor begins to run out the door - whichever comes first.

Thanks for your patience. The current estimated time to resolution is somewhere between 5 mins to 3 years. Rest assured we have already initiated the root cause analysis and determined that it is 's fault.

Please direct any & all questions to some other moderator. ;)

Your mileage may vary, offer not valid in Puerto Rico, tax not included.

P.S. Took me 3 tries to post this 'cause of...you guessed it...server connection failures. :rolleyes:

If you find yourself doin' this => :banghead: 'cause of connectivity issues recently....you're not alone.

WS Admin is aware of the issue and is working around the clock...without bathroom breaks...until the issue is resolved, or until the puddle on the floor begins to run out the door - whichever comes first.

Thanks for your patience. The current estimated time to resolution is somewhere between 5 mins to 3 years. Rest assured we have already initiated the root cause analysis and determined that it is 's fault.

P.S. Took me 3 tries to post this 'cause of...you guessed it...server connection failures. :rolleyes:

Thanks BondJamesBond.................I've experienced a lot of "server busy, try again later" screens. My first thought was, "omg, what's happened that's made every member of WS to be online and crash the server!!" I thought I was missing major news on a criminal case! Then, I worried that something was wrong with my computer.

A tip for everyone..............if you type a post, highlight and copy that post before hitting "submit post." That way, if you encounter problems and your post doesn't post, you can go back and try again, just pasting your post into a new reply window.

A tip for everyone..............if you type a post, highlight and copy that post before hitting "submit post." That way, if you encounter problems and your post doesn't post, you can go back and try again, just pasting your post into a new reply window.
*snipped* Sage words. I do this as well. :thumb:

Thanks BondJamesBond.................I've experienced a lot of "server busy, try again later" screens. My first thought was, "omg, what's happened that's made every member of WS to be online and crash the server!!" I thought I was missing major news on a criminal case!

I thought the same exact thing when I got the message that the server was busy and to try again later. I went to every Orlando news website (WESH, MyFoxOrlando, WFTV, and Orlando Sentinel) to find what the HUGE NEWS was! LOL Glad to know that I was not the only one who thought she was missing something important!

I thought the same exact thing when I got the message that the server was busy and to try again later. I went to every Orlando news website (WESH, MyFoxOrlando, WFTV, and Orlando Sentinel) to find what the HUGE NEWS was! LOL Glad to know that I was not the only one who thought she was missing something important!

LolaMoon..............I did the same thing......I checked all sorts of news sites looking for whatever major news there was in this case and others. I figured that something happened to make everyone rush to WS. It was when I couldn't find any major news that I began to think something was wrong with my computer. :)

This is a perfect example of why I love WS. A laugh out loud post first thing in the morning just makes my day.

Thank you BJB and I promise not to blame you.

Strange, but here in the frozen north, there seems to be no problem. My connection to WS is running as smoothly as ever. Go figure!

BTW, Mods, that was not an invitation for you to see if you could disrupt the server connection to Canada too. LOL! Just offering some info. :innocent: Hope you get it sorted soon.

Thanks for the chuckle this morning - Pacific Northwest here, except I think I need to (re)call my service provider and apologize to them for yelling about the slowness of my connection - cause for the last few days I've been getting a "cannot find server" response - grrr!

Funny you say that about posts - because I found I was sitting waiting waiting for my post to - well - post - erased it in frustration, went back to the thread and found it had in fact posted.:waitasec:

Ah well, we love you WS - so we'll be here:waiting: and try to keep the :panic: to a dull roar. I'll just relax :martini: knowing it's in your good hands!

Thanks for the update, I've been having difficulty getting and staying connected here since Tuesday.

And I thought it was just me!

Better connectivity and speed today...however my edit button is gone so therefore it looks like I didn't know the difference between New Hampshire Attorney and New Jersey Attorney - instead of a typo of NJ vs. NH!!! Oh well.

and, I am having trouble thanking people, but I tend to over use that button anyways!

I think the problems the last couple of nights were lots of guests reading the Caylee Forum, Hi Jose!:seeya:
Hoping it's resolved before the trial...

Thanks for the update, I've been having difficulty getting and staying connected here since Tuesday.
Yup, it's been frustrating. I remember a time...many moons ago...when the server (at the time) went down. I was beside myself...didn't know what happened. Somehow, someway, I found a phone number for WS online...and guess who answered the phone, on a Sunday no less? Now, you can imagine my embarrassment of having to explain that I had to have my Caylee fix...but who better to explain it to? If Tricia doesn't get it, no one will.

PS- I think I must be nuts to even repeat that story!

:great:SO glad that I caught this thread and can come clean to the IT folks!...... Yep, and smoothed over the "but you HAVE GOT TO FIX IT!" request (okay, DEMAND!) by "treating everybody to an afternoon Dunkin run"! and IT'S always worth it!:woohoo:

Now if everybody says off the roads during the snow and stays ALIVE over the weekend.........:truce:

The connection problems have been diabolical over the last few days, especially if you were logged on. I ate (deleted) my cookies and from thereon it has been like a dream - I'm sure this is just a coincidence but it immediately rectified the problem.

Can WS-withdrawal be used successfully as a basis for a SS disability claim?

:noooo:

:pullhair:

:panic:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member