1108 users online (239 members and 869 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

NY - Zachary Green, 33, Kingston, 2 January 2011

I hope I get this right.

"Local residents were expected to swing by local bars Thursday night to see if any bartenders have seen Green, according to Mike D'Arcy of the Kingston Neighborhood Watch, who helped organize the search.

Green has been fighting alcohol addiction for the past three years and attends AA meetings, according to his father. He parted ways with his girlfriend of a year around Thanksgiving, but was in good spirits for several days before he disappeared."

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbc...NEWS/101070348

This has a little more info from neighborhood watch group.

http://kingstoncitizens.org/2011/01/...or-zach-green/

http://www.dailyfreeman.com/articles...2881678632.txt

Another story I found. They are offering a $10,000 reward.

Zach has a facebook page.... "Find Zachary Green"

From the link posted above.

"The car Green was driving before he vanished was found illegally parked on Fair Street in Kingston. Matthews said police found Greenís wallet and a cell phone in the car, and he noted there was no sign of violence in or around the vehicle."

This guy is 6' 2" and 220 lbs. and he just vanishes walking down the street??
    My understanding is this is a small town where everyone knows everyones business. Someone has to know something!

I wonder what bodies of water are near where he parked his car.

The north end of Fair St. ends at a mall. Behind the mall is the Hudson River. On a quick look, I noticed a couple blocks from there is Pine Grove Centre. It's a psychiatric facility. But... we don't know what part of Fair St. the car was found on. I just took a quick look for water, and the Pine Grove Centre was the first thing I was drawn to. There is a bar at the mall. Chic's Sports Bar.

He was last seen near Fair St. and John St. There was mention of him having been at Chic's earlier that night. I looked on Google maps last night..I saw an area that looked like a pond or lake.

I posted on the facebook page asking about water in the area. The local quarries and the waterfront have been searched. Not sure if they were volunteer only searches or not.
    I invited a woman who has been on the searches to come and join us.

Per facebook:
    Last seen on camera walking past Ulster Savings Bank on Wall St. at 11 pm.

Late yesterday I located a local SAR group online and passed the info to the family. Just saw a facebook post saying the dogs are searching today!!

Keeping my fingers crossed ... the area is expecting 12-16 inches of snow Tuesday night.

I was wondering about the weather - has there been lots of snowfall?

Quote Originally Posted by lillygator View Post
    I was wondering about the weather - has there been lots of snowfall?
    Thursday overnight thru Friday the area got 6 -10 inches.
    Last edited by SugarQueen; 01-10-2011 at 02:10 PM.

I was looking at google maps and not too far to the north of where he was last seen by the bank surveillance, there is a river of some sort. not sure that he was walking in that direction, but given the rash of intoxicated men finding themselves in water and drowning, nothing would surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by webrocket View Post
    I was looking at google maps and not too far to the north of where he was last seen by the bank surveillance, there is a river of some sort. not sure that he was walking in that direction, but given the rash of intoxicated men finding themselves in water and drowning, nothing would surprise me.
    That is the Hudson River, unfortunately. I don't know that he was intoxicated but...
    If look look toward the river and a bit left the hotel he was at earlier is right there. I guess he could have been heading back there?

UPDATE: The SAR team didn't make it today and won't be available until Sat. which it past the timeframe for the dogs.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast