TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
Hailey20Dunn-120lr.gif

Hailey is 13 years old. She was heading to stay with a friend on Monday Dec. 27th but never made it. She is 5'1" with hazel eyes and brown hair. She also has pierced ears. She was last seen at 1804 Chestnut, wearing navy blue sweat pants, a light colored T-shirt and pink and white shoes.
Anyone who has seen Hailey contact the Colorado City Police Dept. at 325-728-5294

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7

Media Links

You must read this post and hit the 'thanks' button before you post in this thread.
We do not allow rumors to be posted or perpetuated at WS. Do not post a rumor or respond to a rumor.
Direct quotes and screenshots from social networking sites are not allowed at WS.
You may discuss what is on a social networking site but must include the link. However, do not discuss or link to sites that are private.
Please do not post about other posters. That is a TOS violation because it is rude. It’s like talking behind someone’s back.
The only appropriate way to respond to problematic posts is to hit the alert button. We will then look at the post and handle it asap. Do not respond to a problematic post. That compounds the problem and delays the solution.
We do not allow the posting of personal information about people who have not been named as a POI or suspect by LE or MSM.
You must include a link to where you found the information in your post.
Just because a person is connected to a case doesn't mean we can immediately start using his/her name, even if it is an adult. There is no need to drag innocent people through the mud.
If people start talking to the media about the case then yes, they have decided they want their identity known. Then you can use their names in posts here at WS.
If suspects and family members are talked about in the major media outlets, you can use their names in posts here at WS.
We don't allow name posting of minors’ names, except for Hailey's, of course.
The full WS TOS and "rules" can be found here: The Rules

'Insiders' or "Locals"
Before you post ANY inside information that could help this case PLEASE report it to the police first. Here at Websleuths, we don't care about having "scoops" or "bombshells." We care about the cases, the people involved, and making sure Websleuths is not hindering the investigation by allowing people to post inside information that the police do not have yet.
If you know Hailey or her family and want to post about her, then WS admin needs to talk to you. Please email wsverify@xmission.com
Include:
The case
Your Websleuths name
Your phone number and a good time to call
Your real name.
In the subject line please put which case you are asking to be verified on.
It will all be kept strictly confidential.
Unless what you are saying can be verified by law enforcement and/or the media, it is not considered a "fact" here. You may personally know for 100% certainty that it is true, but unless you are verified and/or can back it up with a link, we do have to consider it to be a rumor. This is not to single anyone out or to ignore information, but to maintain the integrity of a case and keep the best interests of the victims at the forefront.
Please do what is right by the case first before you post anything on Websleuths.
Do not post about private conversations with case players unless the case player is aware that the conversation is going public.
If you are a local or insider and your posts do not include any "inside" information, you do not need to be verified. Please remember, however, that information as simple as what Mom does for a living or where BF works are considered inside information.

Check for professional and locals here...
Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders
czgtz: Hailey Dunn case
Redcat is a verified local in the Hailey Dunn case
mommajack: Hailey Dunn Case
40G!GZ7: Hailey Dunn case
spankysmom: Hailey Dunn case
ajk: Hailey Dunn case
smalltownmom71 is a verified local Hailey Dunn case
regresmom is a verified local Hailey Dunn case
msyanas in Hailey Dunn's case

Please Continue here...

As a person who lives in a small town, I'm wondering if Dunn, Texas is in any way related to the last name of Dunn. Many times out here, there is the "good ole boy" network. And it's tight. I'm really wondering if that is playing out here and reflecting some of what we are seeing in terms of LE.

Bringing my last question over from the last thread...How often does trash pick-up and what day does it pick up..Thanks!

From the previous thread, the person said this was an all citizen search not organized by LE.

That is NOT what facebook was saying it go back to posts from Find Hailey Dunn approx 7 hours ago it says
"FYI, COLORADO CITY PD HAS SET UP A ... "etc

Sorry I am late to this case. Can someone who's been following more closely summarize what we know so far about the boyfriend and what we don't know or point me in the right direction for a summary? I know he failed the polygraph and has left town but that is it. Does he have a criminal history or a juvenile record? Thanks.

Please, someone from FBI or Texas Rangers, make the next public statements...:(

Bringing my last question over from the last thread...How often does trash pick-up and what day does it pick up..Thanks!

Where I live, we don't have city trash pickup. We hire a local company to do it, so that might depend. Heck, last week, they didn't pick up our trash at all. Then on some random night at about 9 o'clock, they came through the neighborhood. It's really weird living in the boonies.

I'm noticing alot of posters asking for a link or info that is only a page or so back. Sometimes it's only a post or so back. Can we all slow down a bit and read before posting?

Sorry I am late to this case. Can someone who's been following more closely summarize what we know so far about the boyfriend and what we don't know or point me in the right direction for a summary? I know he failed the polygraph and has left town but that is it. Does he have a criminal history or a juvenile record? Thanks.

Please read the Opening Post. Thanks! :blowkiss:

We are told he went to stay with mom or grandma, only left because Billie asked him to after she was TOLD he failed...there is dispute as to whether or not she was told that she and he both failed, she says she was, LE says she wasn't. He does not appear to have a record other than one small charge relating to public intoxication I believe. No POI's or suspects have been named.

For those of you not familiar with Tim Miller and Texas Equusearch, you should read his story. When his daughter went missing, he asked LE to search a particular field where another young girl's body had been found recently - a girl who lived near the Millers. LE kept telling him that his daughter was a runaway and refused to search. Seventeen months later, someone stumbled upon the remains of his daughter - on that very property.

Here's a link: http://texasequusearch.org/Documents/Recognition/200412PointofLightAwardRelease.pdf

And here's a snippet (BBM):

“...I know how important a search and rescue team can be. My daughter, Laura Miller was abducted in September of 1984...(snip)... Let’s grow way beyond the surrounding communities in helping to change the way we handle missing persons. ...Our goal is to grow many times over and serve more and more communities so no family has to experience the feeling of hopelessness and loneliness if a loved one should ever disappear.” - Tim Miller

Law enforcement agencies, including the FBI, have credited TES with having perhaps the highest ‘find rate ’ (about 70% -with nearly 85% of these found alive) of any search and rescue organization in our nation.

In October of 2002, having been invited by The White House, Tim Miller participated in ‘The White House Conference on Missing, Exploited, and Runaway Children’-conferring with President George W. Bush about Texas EquuSearch’s accomplishments.

I think he would be a very valuable resource here...

From the previous thread, the person said this was an all citizen search not organized by LE.

That is NOT what facebook was saying it go back to posts from Find Hailey Dunn approx 7 hours ago it says
"FYI, COLORADO CITY PD HAS SET UP A ... "etc

I was wondering about that and wondering if someone was stretching the truth when that post was made?

I can't help thinking that it may not be the local LE's attitude or ego not wanting Equusearch, but maybe the FBI's attitude of superiority keeping them from letting equusearch form helping.
Just a thought

Maybe it is just a delay due to the fact that there's 12 agencies involved now - that's a lot of coordinating...just thinking LE might need some time to figure out how best TES could aide them.

Or maybe they do have some tips they need to follow up on & decide if they are valid - and TES wouldn't be needed if they could confirm.

I don't think this is about ego or whatever if there's so many agencies involved already.

This is what I'd call 'scope creep' - when a project begins to require more work & more headcount because the requirements/specifications change often...takes time to figure out who's gonna do what & when.

MOO

Timeline as put together by Big Country:

The following time line of events was compiled by Bigcountryhomepage.com based on information gathered each day during the search for Hailey Dunn, interviews with Hailey's mother both conducted by our reporters and by Headline News' Nancy Grace, and by reports published by other local media outlets, such as ccitynews.net. This time line is not meant to be a point of reference, not a fact guide.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=329087

Maybe it is just a delay due to the fact that there's 12 agencies involved now - that's a lot of coordinating...just thinking LE might need some time to figure out how best TES could aide them.

Or maybe they do have some tips they need to follow up on & decide if they are valid - and TES wouldn't be needed if they could confirm.

I don't think this is about ego or whatever if there's so many agencies involved already.

This is what I'd call 'scope creep' - when a project begins to require more work & more headcount because someone keeps changing the requirements/specifications...takes time to figure out who's gonna do what & when.

MOO

That makes sense, there was just some posters saying that maybe it was CC PD not wanting them and i thought well it might not be the little guys... LOL

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=329036
Not much has changed in the search for 13-year-old Hailey Dunn, her mother, Billie Dunn, said on Friday afternoon. She spent the afternoon at home with DPS investigators being briefed on her daughter's case.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26403846/detail.html
Dunn, contacted Friday after Dean made his statement, reasserted her claim that she was told there had been “deception indicated” in the polygraph tests.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/07/texas.missing.cheerleader/index.html?section=cnn_latest
Police focus on woods, river in search for missing Texas teen

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26401950/detail.html
The Hailey Dunn Story: Conflicting Assertions Abound

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/201...ng-door--door-probe-miss/?partner=yahoo_feeds
Law enforcement going door-to-door in probe of missing Colorado City teen

brought some of the newer links too

I was wondering about that and wondering if someone was stretching the truth when that post was made?

That is certainly possible I didn't see any LE in the photos posted......??

OT. Sorry the reason for this post is that I need a stop point to be able to read where I left off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27