CA - Suspects Raped 'Defenseless' Disabled Women on Tape

If you have not been following this case, take some time. It is disturbing.

OMG. I am just sick with fury. No punishment is too awful for these awful men. This is just so disturbing on a gut level. I was nauseated reading the article. Those poor women!

My question is, how does this activity get videotaped? Is there a friend (fellow coworker) in the room filming this as it happens? Is it surveilance video or patient rooms? How does this happen for such a long period of time without someone cathcing on and stopping it?

The article stated the DVDs were delivered anonymously to LE by someone claiming to have been asked to clean this mess off someones hard drive. Is that someone some sick collector of disabled rape *advertiser censored*?? Where did that someone GET all this video? Was he a participant? Ugghhh this is just so disturbing!

My question is, how does this activity get videotaped? Is there a friend (fellow coworker) in the room filming this as it happens? Is it surveilance video or patient rooms? How does this happen for such a long period of time without someone cathcing on and stopping it?

The video appears to come from different sources, some is security camera footage from a still camera mounted in the room and some is video footage that is handheld and appears that an accomplice, one of the suspects, is holding it for another [suspect]," said Scott.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/assaults-disabled-women-caught-tape-california/story?id=12564296&page=2

The video appears to come from different sources, some is security camera footage from a still camera mounted in the room and some is video footage that is handheld and appears that an accomplice, one of the suspects, is holding it for another [suspect]," said Scott.

We all know this stuff goes on but a video compilation is pretty astounding.

Just goes to prove the point "if they can't talk" (i.e. disabled, animals, small kids, whatever) you can't be too careful! Must be pretty low end facilites that employ the types shown in that video without noticing. Sheesh.

Send or keep on sending the images and sketches of the remaining suspects to every single hospital and residential care facility in the entire state. Hope they keep circulating and publicizing the images and sketches of those not yet caught until they are identified. They will be. These men need to be taken off the streets, out of the residences and removed from the workplaces of CA now.

what is interesting is that they have had these tapes since March. They have been enhancing and putting solid descriptions together before release. They released it to the public yesterday I think and 2 have been identified already. There are more.
The accounts of what is seen on these tapes is horrendous. Even the most seasoned vets who have seen it all said it is some of the worst they have seen.

At least one of the perps is a paraplegic patient. The others most likely work there and had access to the tapes.

Last March, the Special Victims Bureau in Los Angeles, California found themselves with an anonymous delivery of 100 hours of grainy footage taken by what appeared to be both hand-held and security cameras. The detectives believe the footage had been a collection.
What became clear when the footage was enhanced was up to 10-20 disabled women being raped over what appeared to be a period of time. The rapes are believed to have taken place between 2007 and 2009.

http://www.sure-start.com/rapes-of-10-20-disabled-women-two-suspects-identified/3673268/

SNIPPED
http://www.dailynews.com/crime/ci_17035283

One of the suspects, Bert Hicks, was a worker at a Los Angeles care facility and had already been prosecuted by police for two felony sex counts and two abuse counts. He is currently imprisoned at Tehachapi State Prison and scheduled for release in 2012, Scott said.

The videos came from an anonymous tipster who said a customer purchased a laptop on the streets of Inglewood and brought it to him to wipe the hard drive. Before doing so, he copied the videos and gave them to authorities.

Where was the rest of the staff? I know there are a lot of unethical people in the world, but these 'men' are disgusting. How in the heck did another patient get into a room to rape another patient without anyone noticing? Unbelievable! I hope the rest of the staff is investigated also.

The videos came from an anonymous tipster who said a customer purchased a laptop on the streets of Inglewood and brought it to him to wipe the hard drive. Before doing so, he copied the videos and gave them to authorities.

Uhhhh...yeah...that is not at all believable. But whomever turned in the videos either had a conscience or a vendetta (9 out of 10 odds it was vendetta).

JBean--I think that's the most disturbing issue...the time frame. If someone had dropped off a video of Kindergarteners being raped, I doubt it would take months to "enhance" the videos. It's all about priority.

If anyone is interested, check out the statistics for abuse concerning the disabled. And these are just the reported attacks:

http://www.ncdsv.org/images/SexualAssaultStatistics.pdf

"....Among developmentally disabled adults, as many as 83% of the females and 32% of the males are the victims of sexual assault...."

And people wonder why families give up their lives to keep their loved ones at home?

if I found something like that on a computer, I would call the cops to come take the entire thing immdiately ... so that they could arrest the owner of the laptop

why would this person make copies and anonymously drop them off? it makes no sense

if I found something like that on a computer, I would call the cops to come take the entire thing immdiately ... so that they could arrest the owner of the laptop

why would this person make copies and anonymously drop them off? it makes no sense

The way I am reading it is the anonymous tipster was asked to clean the hard drive of a laptop that was allegedly purchased on the streets.

So the laptop was likely stolen from someone who had the collection and the current "owner" of said laptop was trying to get it cleaned up. Or the owner of the laptop had the video collection for whatever reason and decided it would be a good idea to get it off their computer.

The person asked to clean it (turned tipster) made a copy of the file before cleaning the laptop and turned the copy in. I am guessing this was not a situation where they felt safe taking the moral stand of saying "I took your stolen laptop and turned it into the police so they can investigate your *advertiser censored* collection".

He didn't tip the creepy people off that he knew, that the police knew, which would have led to them destroying evidence or leaving town. Thank gawd he took the time to copy it and the effort to turn it in.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back