1215 users online (248 members and 967 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
  1. #1

    FL - Tavia Bailey, 15, Pensacola, 31 Dec 1985


    Missing Since: January 23, 1986 from Pensacola, Florida
    Classification: Non-Family Abduction
    Date Of Birth: August 3, 1970
    Age: 15 years old
    Height and Weight: 5'0 - 5'3, 120 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Blonde hair, brown eyes. Bailey has a scar on her left cheekbone, a scar on her upper lip and a scar at her hairline which extends to her right eyebrow. Her ears are pierced multiple times. Her nicknames are Chrystal and Tee.
    Clothing/Jewelry Description: A black fur coat and striped jeans.

    Details of Disappearance

    Bailey was last seen in Pensacola, Florida on January 23, 1986. She was accompanied by an unidentified African-American male at the time. She has never been seen again. Authorities believe she may have been taken against her will.


    Investigating Agency

    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Escambia County Sheriff's Office
    850-436-9620


  2. #2
    Mother clings to hope for missing girl

    [snip]

    On Dec. 31, 1985, at the age of 15, Bailey who lived with her mother at a Sunbury Drive home near Crescent Lake went to a New Year's Eve party. She didn't come home.

    This time there was no phone call, and 25 years later, her mother, who lives in Perry near Tallahassee, is left wondering what happened to her only daughter.

    [snip]

    Any link to Tavia Bailey becomes less likely to become a lead as time presses on, Brown said.

    Her mother said she believed Bailey had a boyfriend, but neither she nor the investigators have ever been able to learn his name. A month before she disappeared, Tavia talked of going back to New York.

    She accused her mother of being prejudiced against the black men she dated, but her mother said she held no ill will toward anybody, with the exception of the older men who plied her daughter with drugs.

    More: http://www.pnj.com/article/20101231/.../12310311/1051

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed View Post

    Missing Since: January 23, 1986 from Pensacola, Florida
    Classification: Non-Family Abduction
    Date Of Birth: August 3, 1970
    Age: 15 years old
    Height and Weight: 5'0 - 5'3, 120 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Blonde hair, brown eyes. Bailey has a scar on her left cheekbone, a scar on her upper lip and a scar at her hairline which extends to her right eyebrow. Her ears are pierced multiple times. Her nicknames are Chrystal and Tee.
    Clothing/Jewelry Description: A black fur coat and striped jeans.

    Details of Disappearance

    Bailey was last seen in Pensacola, Florida on January 23, 1986. She was accompanied by an unidentified African-American male at the time. She has never been seen again. Authorities believe she may have been taken against her will.


    Investigating Agency

    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Escambia County Sheriff's Office
    850-436-9620


    my aunt was good friends with her! I remember being at her townhouse once! I don't remember much, but I do remember! She went missing shortly after.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,077
    Tavia Bailey
    Missing 31 December 1985
    From Pensacola, FL

    Vital Statistics

    Age: 15
    DOB: 3 August 1970
    Sex: Female
    Hair: Blonde
    Eyes: Brown
    Height: 5 ft 3 in
    Weight: 115 lbs

    Source
    National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
    Hotline: 1-800-843-5678

  5. #5
    "Details of Disappearance
    Tavia was last seen on December 31, 1985. Bailey was a frequent runaway, she once ran away to NYC. A month before she disappeared, Tavia talked of going back to New York."

    http://www.nampn.org/cases/bailey_tavia.html

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by EyesOnSunday View Post
    "Details of Disappearance
    Tavia was last seen on December 31, 1985. Bailey was a frequent runaway, she once ran away to NYC. A month before she disappeared, Tavia talked of going back to New York."

    http://www.nampn.org/cases/bailey_tavia.html

    yes, but one would hope by now she would have at least sent word to her mom. Plus, she and my aunt were really good friends I think she would have heard from her at some point. I think she left willingly and meet with foul play. NO matter what she deserves to be brought home.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by EyesOnSunday View Post
    "Details of Disappearance
    Tavia was last seen on December 31, 1985. Bailey was a frequent runaway, she once ran away to NYC. A month before she disappeared, Tavia talked of going back to New York."

    http://www.nampn.org/cases/bailey_tavia.html
    As a matter of fact, my family originates from NY I think my aunt is the one that planted that seed and they may have went the first time together. I remember one time going to pick them up at a gas station with my mom in the middle of the night! They often ran away together. I am proud to say that my aunt has overcome what ever brought her to the point of wanting to get away from our family. She is married (15 yrs), has two amazing kids, three even more amazing grand kids, and is a successful artist. Tavia was robbed of her chance at life and she needs to be brought home!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    93
    bump


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    93
    this is frustrating! Is there anything I can do?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    6,732
    Quote Originally Posted by typically-a-reader View Post
    this is frustrating! Is there anything I can do?
    Do you know if she had any injuries?
    Was her hair really blond? Looks more brown to me.
    How were her teeth?


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    93
    I was so young when it happened I don't remember any injuries and she had no problem walking ALL around town with my aunt.
    I remember her hair brown with a little blonde.

  12. #12
    Thinking of Tavia this morning.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    6,732
    NamUs profile I don't recall DNA being submitted the last time I looked. It's there now.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    93

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
    NamUs profile I don't recall DNA being submitted the last time I looked. It's there now.
    Why hasnt DNA been submitted/requested?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    6,732
    Quote Originally Posted by typically-a-reader View Post
    Why hasnt DNA been submitted/requested?
    DNA
    Guidelines for Collection of DNA
    Status: Sample submitted - Tests complete

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. MI MI - Tavia Bentley, 11, Detroit, 24 Feb 2012
    By nursebeeme in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 02-13-2015, 11:42 PM
  2. Found Deceased FL - Tia McShane, 11, Pensacola, 2006
    By daisy7 in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 07-07-2011, 01:55 PM
  3. FL Tavia Elizabeth Bailey (15) - Pensacola FL, 1985
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-08-2011, 05:25 AM

Tags for this Thread