GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
And it's on to Round # 3, the unfortunate death of Joanna Yeates, her body found on Longwood Lane on 25 December.

REMEMEBER, disagree, but don't bicker for the sake of it; attack the post if need be, but never the poster; maintain your sense of politesse; and PLEASE do not re-introduce into the equation things which currently have no bearing on the case, e.g., paedophiles, or the perceived presence of a gay community in Clifton, Bristol - the first of these is by law condemnable; the second in practice may be exemplary. But neither at this time appear to be at issue in this case.

Absolutely terrific discussion and sleuthing so far, and welcome to those new to the case. Excellent links to information from media abound on Threads #1 and #2; familiarizing yourself with the case will enhance your understanding of the discussion on this, its third thread.

MORE LINKS

WebSleuths Terms of Service: The Rules

Thread #1 here

Thread #2 here

NOTE FROM MODS

If you see a post that violates the TOS - you need to report it by hitting the little red triangle in the upper right corner of the post. If you respond to the post, you will be held accountable as having broken the TOS.

Read the rules and know them. This is a moderated forum and we don't do ugly here.

Salem

And it's on to Round # 3, the unfortunate death of Joanna Yeates, her body found on Longwood Lane on 25 December.

REMEMEBER, disagree, but don't bicker for the sake of it; attack the post if need be, but never the poster; maintain your sense of politesse; and PLEASE do not re-introduce into the equation things which currently have no bearing on the case, e.g., paedophiles, or the perceived presence of a gay community in Clifton, Bristol - the first of these is by law condemnable; the second in practice may be exemplary. But neither at this time appear to be at issue in this case.

Absolutely terrific discussion and sleuthing so far, and welcome to those new to the case. Excellent links to information from media abound on Threads #1 and #2; familiarizing yourself with the case will enhance your understanding of the discussion on this, its third thread.

MORE LINKS

WebSleuths Terms of Service: The Rules

Thread #1 here

Thread #2 here

Thanks Wfgodot, lets hope third time lucky and we catch him, been a bit busy today, need to catch up, hope to get back later.

Not to repeat myself, but you all have made this a terrific thread.

Several voices were raised towards the end of the last thread to demand that the police should publicly and unequivocally state their conviction of GR's total innocence. Call me a cynic if you wish, but if I were GR and innocent (as I think he is) I'd being asking them to do no such thing. I'd be too fraid that the announcement might have the opposite effect on public opinion.

Teibreid last post:

I cannot agree that that where the body was found is on the route from Clifton to Sheffield. In fact that route involves a lot of extra miles compared to picking up the M32 just north of the city centre.
The police must have strong evidence from enforcement cameras, cctv, whatever, that he drove to Sheffield at the time he said he did. Otherwise he would have been arrested. And surely they carried out a full forensic examination of the car he drove to Sheffield in- has that ever been mentioned, though?
So far his alibi is holding up. But I don't exclude the possibility that he got to Sheffield, then immediately drove back in another car to sort things out with Jo, and found a situation he couldn't handle.

Sorry...lost this post when they decided to AGAIN change the thread address. I did a route map from Bristol to Sheffield and if taking the SECOND bridge crossing and passing through Longwood Lane...and out at Gordano Services...would probably add 20mins to his journey...which could easily be 'consumed' by bad weather road conditions.

i rather agree with the professor quoted in today's bristol evening post....to me cj displays the necessary traits for this murder....an overwhelming feeling of his guilt....just a personal response to his portrayal of himself compared with version he wd like society to believe....

anyone agree.....

think all the other things eg tesco, times, cider all extra items...

but....how was the body taken out....

Several voices were raised towards the end of the last thread to demand that the police should publicly and unequivocally state their conviction of GR's total innocence. Call me a cynic if you wish, but if I were GR and innocent (as I think he is) I'd being asking them to do no such thing. I'd be too fraid that the announcement might have the opposite effect on public opinion.
On the other hand...their statement that G/R was only a witness has raised, maybe unfair, suspicions about his guilt.

Re: wfgodot
Not to repeat myself, but you all have made this a terrific thread.

You too Godot... I am really enjoying the level of investigative sleuthing. I am heartbroken that this lovely young lady met such an awful death. This is pure evil in our society. I hope this perp is caught soon. By the way I think the cops are doing a great job.

Re: Naturally Susp.

i rather agree with the professor quoted in today's bristol evening post....to me cj displays the necessary traits for this murder....an overwhelming feeling of his guilt....just a personal response to his portrayal of himself compared with version he wd like society to believe....

anyone agree.....

We're on the same page Naturally Susp .... the cider is a non issue for me,( watch it will be the critical link!!)
It strikes me that he feels he is above the law... it is ALL about him and his being high above the 'rabble', that he can tell L/E where it's at, and can sue them taboot.

Here's the link again from the Daily Express article posted on Thread #2, for either those just coming upon the case, or those who missed it last time - it is, I think, quite informative in terms of how a murder case like Jo's is investigated; written by "one of our top retired detectives," it gives a sense of what law enforcement is up against in terms of specific evidence in this case:

JOANNA YEATES: THE CRUCIAL QUESTIONS

By the way, I do want to invite those reading as guests - I saw that there were 17 looking on a short time ago - to join WebSleuths. We do value input, and yours would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Naturally Susp.

anyone agree.....

We're on the same page Naturally Susp .... the cider is a non issue for me,( watch it will be the critical link!!)
It strikes me that he feels he is above the law... it is ALL about him and his being high above the 'rabble', that he can tell L/E where it's at, and can sue them taboot.
Yeah, agree that CJ feels he is above the 'rabble'...but then..he is. This is a very intelligent, well educated individual. Okay...weird hair (but, in the 60s' weren't we all?)
bit nosey...but part of the Neighbourhood Watch (and believe me,, they are very nosey).
I do, however, think this man knows a little more...not necessarily because he was part of any crime...but more that he knows his neighbours a liitle more than us or the police. He, like many educated, retired professors, is solitary...but that does NOT make him a murderer...it just makes him...(a little like me) not want to mix with most of his neighbours/contemporaries. This is not strange behaviour...in my mind...it is very, very normal. Why mix with anyone you do not wish to?..nor those you share no empathy with?

Here's the link again from the Daily Express article posted on Thread #2, for either those just coming upon the case, or those who missed it last time - it is, I think, quite informative in terms of how a murder case like Jo's is investigated; written by "one of our top retired detectives," it gives a sense of what law enforcement is up against in terms of specific evidence in this case:

JOANNA YEATES: THE CRUCIAL QUESTIONS

By the way, I do want to invite those reading as guests - I saw that there were 17 looking on a short time ago - to join WebSleuths. We do value input, and yours would be greatly appreciated!
Hi.

I'm was one of those guests lurking for a few days. I must say this is a very puzzling and absorbing case. I have a few things that i can't get to grips with. Like why is there no mention of the Quarry at all? We know the body was left on the grass verge outside the quarry entrance. But when did the quarry close for Christmas. Was there no security, nightwatchmen on such a big site? Someone must have opened the gate only feet away from the body if it was left there weekend 17th. Snow cover or not, I think you would notice a body there.

Also are the Police only considering the Clifton suspension bridge as the only route taken? Just because it's the quickest way, It doesn't mean it's the only way to Longwood Lane. Someone having just commited a murder doesn't act rationally. Some can think better under pressure than others I guess. But in all honesty anyone living in Bristol would know the Clifton suspension bridge is a notorious suicide spot. You have to stop the car infront of C.C.T.V to pay the toll. Even someone in a mass panic would give that route a very wide berth. We've all seen Crimewatch and the news, everyone is wise to C.C.T.V catching criminals these days.

If the police are only counting on that route and discounting others. I think there making a big mistake myself. They want to look at the next bridge down, the Avon bridge route in my opinion.

Hello PhillB, and welcome to WebSleuths. Thank you for joining us.

If the police are only counting on that route and discounting others. I think there making a big mistake myself. They want to look at the next bridge down, the Avon bridge route in my opinion.

Welcome Phillb. Good point. How big a detour does the Avon Bridge route involve in terms of time and miles ?

Hello PhillB, and welcome to WebSleuths. Thank you for joining us.
Thanks.

And one more thing i forgot..

The missing sock.
We've heard everything it could have been used for, from a ligature to it was taken as a trophy. But how about it was used for a practical reason at the body deposit site? One i've not heard mentioned before. What if the sock was used as a glove in a panic situation. Wear it like a glove to avoid fingerprints. Or wipe your hands with, wouldn't there be dirt on your hands after placing the body of the wet ground/snow. Surely some attempt at covering the body with leaves or snow was made?

Hi.

I'm was one of those guests lurking for a few days. I must say this is a very puzzling and absorbing case. I have a few things that i can't get to grips with. Like why is there no mention of the Quarry at all? We know the body was left on the grass verge outside the quarry entrance. But when did the quarry close for Christmas. Was there no security, nightwatchmen on such a big site? Someone must have opened the gate only feet away from the body if it was left there weekend 17th. Snow cover or not, I think you would notice a body there.

Also are the Police only considering the Clifton suspension bridge as the only route taken? Just because it's the quickest way, It doesn't mean it's the only way to Longwood Lane. Someone having just commited a murder doesn't act rationally. Some can think better under pressure than others I guess. But in all honesty anyone living in Bristol would know the Clifton suspension bridge is a notorious suicide spot. You have to stop the car infront of C.C.T.V to pay the toll. Even someone in a mass panic would give that route a very wide berth. We've all seen Crimewatch and the news, everyone is wise to C.C.T.V catching criminals these days.

Welcome Phillb....great points..there are two obvious other routes other than the Clifton bridge...but think the police have already discounted this as a route taken by the perp.

Welcome Phillb....great points..there are two obvious other routes other than the Clifton bridge...but think the police have already discounted this as a route taken by the perp.
Hi again, if you google earth the flat and where the body was found...then put in Gordano services...you will see the easy route (exluding Clifton suspension bridge) from the flat to the M5 motorway.

Do the police ever make such statements? Isn't it a bit like HMRC ( = IRS) advertising the fact that something isn't taxable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni