VA - Tyra Garrison, 11, found hanged in Richmond, 31 Dec 2010

Tinsamd

Justice for Shaniya!!!!
Reaction score
Seriously!? I just read this and am floored as to how someone, much less an 11 year old girl can "accidentally" die via hanging!?!

This happened on New Years Eve, & just reported today! I can't find anything else on this. Poor parental supervision???

There is a comment regarding the "choking game". I know what it is, but really!?

What a little beauty Tyra Garrison was!!

http://www.nbc12.com/Global/story.asp?S=13806513

How an 11-year-old girl died is shocking; an accidental hanging. It happened New Year's Eve in Richmond's Gilpin Court.

"Some of these young parents need to watch over their kids more and see what's going on in their lives. It's a real big tragedy what's happened," said family friend, April Jones.

Young parents!? How young were they with an 11 year old!?

Relatives did not want to discuss the circumstances. On this cold night, they hey focused on consoling a grieving mother. At such a young age, Tyra touched many hearts from her mentor.

that's odd, and the police will only say it's neither suicide nor suspicious. I wonder that happened. it's unusual for a child of that age to accidentally get caught in something they cant get out of.

So sad. I hope eventually a better, more complete explanation is forthcoming.

I hope it wasn't another choking game death. We have got to impress upon our kids somehow that this is no game. With so little info to go on it is hard to tell if that is the case or not, but if it is, it is a tragic, senseless loss.

It's probably just what it appears to be, a choking game death. They do happen. If the police say nothing is suspicious I think it would only be fair to those involved not to dissect the situation on an online board.

My thoughts are with this child's family.

Point taken.

And, I agree with you.

It's just such a shame, & the only mention of the "choking game" is in the comments.

Literally, I just stumbled across this comment completely by accident while reading the unrelated story on the link posted below.***Story at link completely unrelated,**** comment made is regarding justice for this child, & states that the poster knew the victim & this child did not hang herself:

Not sure why this comment was put under this story, maybe so that folks would see it.

The story in the link just ran at 6pm.

Please read the comment:

http://www.nbc12.com/Global/story.asp?S=14316642

truth4tyra
THIS IS REGARDING THE DEATH OF RICHMOND CHILD TYRA GARRISON:

my daughter knew tyra. they were good friends. tyra was abused physically and mentally by her piece of s mom. tyra told some people at school she was abused. THE COPS NEED TO INVESTIGATE THIS CHILD ABUSER MOTHER. Elaine Garrison and her mothers boyfriend!!! Tyra did not get along with him!

No one is trying to give this child justice. The cops want to close the case because she a black girl in the ghetto.

PLEASE SOMEONE STEP UP AND INVESTIGATE THE MOTHER ELAINE GARRISON. Tyra would not play a hanging game. She was smart and would never do that!!!!

RIP TYRA we love and miss you so much!!
One day justice will be served babygirl.

Looks like it was also placed tonight under the original link posted in January as well:

http://www.nbc12.com/Global/story.asp?S=13806513

Sorry for sounding stupid here, but isn't the hanging game what people do to enhance their orgasm? Why would an 11 year old girl do this? Isn't that game played mostly by males? Please correct me if I'm wrong. But, something is wrong here....

Sorry for sounding stupid here, but isn't the hanging game what people do to enhance their orgasm? Why would an 11 year old girl do this? Isn't that game played mostly by males? Please correct me if I'm wrong. But, something is wrong here....

it can be used in sexual arousal stuff.. BUT it's becoming common among teens and i guess pre teens because they think it's fun to pass out from what i read anyway....
I did some pretty crazy stuff as a kid and teen, but cutting off my air and blood supply wasn't one of them!!!

it can be used in sexual arousal stuff.. BUT it's becoming common among teens and i guess pre teens because they think it's fun to pass out from what i read anyway....
I did some pretty crazy stuff as a kid and teen, but cutting off my air and blood supply wasn't one of them!!!

I had friends who did it. 12 and 13 years old. Why I asked them. No one could say all the "its fun you should try it ''sounded to much like the MTV weed commericals for them to even finish saying. Those commericals were helpful in an ironic round about way.

If VA felt there was a way to make a charge stick ,they would. So either they decided it wasnt abuse or they have no evidence to take into court. VA doesnt need much in the way of evidence either. IMO.

Nope it's not just used during sex.. it's used for a high. You choke yourself until you get all floaty feeling (you are cutting off your oxygen) then you pass out. Some people even get addicted to it, like a drug. There was a recent episode of the TV show Intervention that covered a guy who is a heroin addict and was addicted to the choking game.. since he was 8 years old!! I couldn't find it at A&E or in mainstream media online but here's a link to Megavideo if you wanna watch it. If you pause it and let it buffer for like 5 minutes before you watch it, it should play right through with no problems. MEGAVIDEO - I'm watching it

I had friends who did it. 12 and 13 years old. Why I asked them. No one could say all the "its fun you should try it ''sounded to much like the MTV weed commericals for them to even finish saying. Those commericals were helpful in an ironic round about way.

If VA felt there was a way to make a charge stick ,they would. So either they decided it wasnt abuse or they have no evidence to take into court. VA doesnt need much in the way of evidence either. IMO.

Yeah, I know that you are right about evidence, it's just that this one really, really bugs me.

It bugged me initially, & then I let it go because I didn't want to be disrespectful of the family of course, & then I was reading something completely unrelated & ran across that comment.

I guess the best that I can hope for is that if the poster has information relating to this child's death that they take it a step further & go to the police.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back