Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    "Illegal sentencing" sounds like "unlawful" or something of that nature. I don't think they would use that wording to mean Ron was non-compliant with his plea bargain, but I'm not a lawyer, so what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by TxLady2 View Post
    "Illegal sentencing" sounds like "unlawful" or something of that nature. I don't think they would use that wording to mean Ron was non-compliant with his plea bargain, but I'm not a lawyer, so what do I know?
    If Ron, did not honor his plea bargain, then his sentence becomes illegal and it needs to get modified, that was the deal, seems to me he isnt honoring answering truthfully about stuff when it comes to his daughter, because I cant see what would be illegal about his sentence, he was lucky to get a deal, but it came with conditions, if someone cant make good on the conditions....

It think its about to hit the fan.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chablis For This Useful Post:

If Ron did not honor his plea bargain, his dropped charges would be re-opened. Record does not show that has happened. This Motion deals with sentences on the other three charges only. If the State needs to take action against Ron, a Motion to Correct Illegal Sentence is not the proper procedure to do that.

Still, I do hope something is about to hit the fan.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to krkrjx For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by krkrjx View Post
    If Ron did not honor his plea bargain, his dropped charges would be re-opened. Record does not show that has happened. This Motion deals with sentences on the other three charges only. If the State needs to take action against Ron, a Motion to Correct Illegal Sentence is not the proper procedure to do that.

Still, I do hope something is about to hit the fan.
    I thought his cases had been reopened?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chablis For This Useful Post:

JSV

Quote Originally Posted by Chablis View Post
    I thought his cases had been reopened?
    Nope. I just checked. The three he was sentenced on are re-opened. The two that were dropped in the plea deal are still closed.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to krkrjx For This Useful Post:

Nope. I just checked. The three he was sentenced on are re-opened. The two that were dropped in the plea deal are still closed.
    I still maintain hes screwed!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chablis For This Useful Post:

I still maintain hes screwed!
    LOL Chablis...I'm not so sure. But with every new day there's new hope!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to krkrjx For This Useful Post:

I have a very bad feeling about this. I think this may be favorable for RC, God, I hope not.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4Jacy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 4Jacy View Post
    I have a very bad feeling about this. I think this may be favorable for RC, God, I hope not.
    I just want to know what was illegal about Rons sentence? Was it not him on the tapes crowing about what kind of pills he can get, was it a body double who counted those pills? I really want to know what can be misconstrued as illegal?

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chablis For This Useful Post:

I just want to know what was illegal about Rons sentence? Was it not him on the tapes crowing about what kind of pills he can get, was it a body double who counted those pills? I really want to know what can be misconstrued as illegal?
    It could be something minor, like maybe his 246 days credit for time served should really be 247 or whatever. In such a situation, either side could have filed the Motion to have it corrected.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krkrjx For This Useful Post:

It could be something minor, like maybe his 246 days credit for time served should really be 247 or whatever. In such a situation, either side could have filed the Motion to have it corrected.
    Who would even care about something minor? Something bigger is going on, I mean who would waste their time on something like that, why would that be an issue now? And plus, we dont even know if thats the case, what could a other for instance be? I mean, time is not calculated by an absent minded clerk counting on her abbacus, its all computer generated!

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chablis For This Useful Post:

Who would even care about something minor? Something bigger is going on, I mean who would waste their time on something like that, why would that be an issue now? And plus, we dont even know if thats the case, what could a other for instance be? I mean, time is not calculated by an absent minded clerk counting on her abbacus, its all computer generated!
    Another example of an error could be when they tallied up Ron's scoresheet. His scores included past arrests and for the one charge he had that carried only a 3-year minimum mandatory, he was sentenced to 7 years 16 days. That was because the scoresheet would not allow for a sentence less than 7 years 16 days. If there was a mathematical error on the scoresheet, this Motion is what would be filed to correct it. The fact that all three cases are involved leads me to believe it is not about that 7-year sentence and how it was computed, though.

If it is about this, his sentence might be reduced on that charge...however, it would not change his release date because all his sentences run concurrent. If it is about an error in the credit given for time served, it would change his release date but only by a few days or a week, or whatever the error is.

Nothing about his sentences appear illegal so, IMO, this is probably about a clerical or mathematical error. The only other thing I can think of is as part of his plea deal, Ron was required to plead GUILTY on his remaining charges. It's possible he is now having second thoughts about agreeing to that, because a GUILTY plea leaves him with no room for appeal.

I do not want anything more to go in Ron's favor. Ron was at one time more concenred over where his "chains" were (remember his purrrty necklaces??) than the whereabouts of his missing child. Ronald Cummings deserves no consideration of any kind, IMO. I don't believe he murdered his daughter but I believe her demise is entirely his fault and I am outraged that he only got 15years. I don't want him to get out even one day early.
    Last edited by krkrjx; 01-10-2011 at 04:56 PM. Reason: spelling

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to krkrjx For This Useful Post:

But, if he took a plea deal, which he did, can you appeal that? I mean, wouldnt the danger of the 25 maximums be in danger of being put on the table?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Chablis For This Useful Post:

I pray to God that they have found out that some of the information he had given was untruthful and they are going to throw the book at him, But I realize that he and his family can pull stings in Putnam County so it will likely be just the opposite of my hope.....Where is poor little Haleigh Cummings.
    JMHO
    Kimmer

"A lie gets half way around the world before the truth can gets its pants on" Winston Churchill

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kimmer For This Useful Post:

MY DAILY REMINDER; "Okay, I want you to Google the term "stay under the radar" and read the results V E R Y carefully!
    "

29. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to GER For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast