GUILTY MD - Gregory Christy for child *advertiser censored*, Glen Burnie, 2011

Missizzy

Reaction score
I've made a decision concerning titling thread headings. If the person was employed in their position at the time of their arrest, I will not state that they are a "former" teacher, coach, doctor....whatever. I will only use that description if they have retired or moved on when arrested. The way I look at it is that a teacher was arrested for a heinous crime against children here which has caused him to now be a "former teacher". I will continue to post the headlines used by the media sources within the body of the post.

Back to this story. LE was notified in April about child *advertiser censored* on this guy's computers but his school only removed him from direct contact with children and he was just arrested last week????? What's wrong with this story?

http://www.hometownglenburnie.com/n...charged+with+child+*advertiser censored*.html

Former Glen Burnie teacher charged with child *advertiser censored*

"A former physical education teacher at a Glen Burnie elementary school has been charged with multiple counts of child *advertiser censored* following a lengthy investigation into images on his personal computers, county police said.

Gregory Alan Christy, 39, a former teacher at Rippling Woods Elementary School, was charged Wednesday with distribution of child *advertiser censored* and 10 counts of possessing child *advertiser censored*. He was released from Jennifer Road Detention Center on $250,000 bond...."

and

"....Police received a tip on April 5 from an adult, who had found child *advertiser censored* on Christy's home computer..."

and

"....Officers seized computers belonging to Christy. School officials were made aware of the allegation in April and reassigned Christy to an administrative position that had no contact with children..."

and

"...Federal agencies and found images of children previously identified as victims by the National Center For Missing And Exploited Children. None of those cases involved children from Anne Arundel County, [County Police Spokeman, Justin] Mulcahy said. Police took Christy into custody at his home Wednesday...."

more at link

And:

http://www.hometownannapolis.com/ne...hool-in-child-*advertiser censored*-case.html

Parents impressed with school in child *advertiser censored* case

"....Police said [Gregory] Christy, who'd taught in the county school system since 1996, had 562 images and 143 videos of suspected child *advertiser censored* on his computers. He was released from the Jennifer Road Detention Center in Parole the day of his arrest, posting $250,000 bond, court records show.

Although he was charged Wednesday and promptly suspended with pay, school system officials said Christy was immediately reassigned to an administrative position with no contact with children when the allegations came to light in April...."

and

"....In a letter that went home with students Thursday, Principal Gwen Atkinson assured parents that Christy has not worked in school buildings and has not been in a location where students were present since then...."

and

"....Some of the children in the images appeared to be younger than 10 years old, court documents said...."

more at link

Sorry, but if I was a parent, I wouldn't be pleased. This man, was by all accounts, a popular gym teacher. I don't care if he's kept outside the school buildings, parents should have been warned about the investigation. It is highly possible and probable that the man encountered school kids around town. They would have no reason, whatsoever, to be cautious. Nor would their parents. Not OK in my book.

Well, Christy certainly got off easy. A suspended sentence. His victims didn't get suspended sentences. They got life. The audacity of bragging about possessing child *advertiser censored*!!

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/28666498/detail.html

Teacher Avoids Jail Time In Child *advertiser censored* Case
July 26, 2011

"A former Anne Arundel County gym teacher will not serve any jail time, despite pleading guilty to child *advertiser censored* charges. Gregory Christy, 39, pleaded guilty to two counts of possessing child *advertiser censored*. A judge sentenced Christy to an 18-month suspended sentence and placed him on five years of probation. He must also forfeit his teaching license and register as a sex offender for 15 years...."

and

"....the judge agreed with the defense attorney to not jail Christy because the charges had already cost him his career and will be a big hurdle in his future employment...."

and

"...Christy's roommate turned him in after the teacher bragged about his *advertiser censored* collection...."

more at link

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back