1193 users online (228 members and 965 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

DC - Ashley Turton, 37, lobbyist, found dead in burning car, 10 Jan 2011

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/cri...l?hpid=topnews

This story makes no sense? A young woman (37) found dead in her burning BMW at 5:00 a.m. in the garage. Husband and 3 kids (under age of 3) were in the house and didn't hear anything?

Where would she be going at that hour - the gym is the only thing I can think of. If her car caught on fire (either returning or leaving) why not just get out?
    Last edited by Salem; 01-10-2011 at 09:52 PM.

North Carolina's beautiful Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownRice View Post
    http://voices.washingtonpost.com/cri...l?hpid=topnews

This story makes no sense? A young woman (37) found dead in her burning BMW at 5:00 a.m. in the garage. Husband and 3 kids (under age of 3) were in the house and didn't hear anything?

Where would she be going at that hour - the gym is the only thing I can think of. If her car caught on fire (either returning or leaving) why not just get out?
    I agree it is very strange. Thank you for the article.
    About the time we can make ends meet, somebody moves the ends. Herbert Hoover

This story really bothers me. I went to high school with Ashley, but did not know her well. A lot of my friends are grieving.

She apparently was heading to the airport for an early flight for a meeting. Some articles I read say that Progress energy where she was employed and Duke power were set to merge today in a 13 BILLION dollar deal that she was a part of. The story really bothers me.

Another government employee killed (see the other thread about the guy found in the landfill). I wonder if someone's trying to clean house in Washington? They don't always play nice.

Invisible is offline Karma can change life with the swish of a horse's tail...Buddha
    I hope more people chime in on this thread with theories about what they think happened. This is a strange story.
    Karma can change life like the swish of a horse's tail...Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by Coolmomof4 View Post
    This story really bothers me. I went to high school with Ashley, but did not know her well. A lot of my friends are grieving.
    Am sorry for your friends' loss and as you state this is an upsetting story. A new Beemer is a pretty reliable SUV -- the ''odd'' angle that the vehicle is at is also a bit weird. Even if she was leaving to catch an early flight or meeting, you would think that her hubby would have been up at least to have coffee with her. Too many odd bits unanswered.
    Just My Opinion

Fox News said a homicide team was called in. I just think the way the car was found (half out of the garage) being connected in Washington, and the merger is too much coincidence. Maybe I'm jaded. I hope for her kids it was just a bizarre accident.

Here's another article that states the neighbors said she was leaving for an early flight out of Washington. It also addresses some inconsistencies with the way she died.

My opinion of what I read was that it seems they are questioning why the fire if the speed of the car was slow.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0111/47367.html

I was kind of wondering if maybe she was dead when the fire started, just because of the homicide investigators being called in (per Fox news). I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolmomof4 View Post
    She apparently was heading to the airport for an early flight for a meeting. Some articles I read say that Progress energy where she was employed and Duke power were set to merge today in a 13 BILLION dollar deal that she was a part of. The story really bothers me.
    The story bothers me and that merger bothers me. Talk about a monopoly on energy prices!

Quote Originally Posted by Shlock Homes View Post
    Another government employee killed (see the other thread about the guy found in the landfill). I wonder if someone's trying to clean house in Washington? They don't always play nice.
    My thoughts exactly!

My problem with this story is how/why would the car suddenly catch fire if she was leaving the house and backed out of the garage doors? You would think if the gas tank ruptured there would have been an explosion. No word on that at all.

good idea

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast