DC - Ashley Turton, 37, lobbyist, found dead in burning car, 10 Jan 2011

BrownRice

Reaction score
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/crime-scene/paul-duggan/-the-wife-of-a.html?hpid=topnews

This story makes no sense? A young woman (37) found dead in her burning BMW at 5:00 a.m. in the garage. Husband and 3 kids (under age of 3) were in the house and didn't hear anything?

Where would she be going at that hour - the gym is the only thing I can think of. If her car caught on fire (either returning or leaving) why not just get out?

:waitasec: I agree it is very strange. Thank you for the article.

This story really bothers me. I went to high school with Ashley, but did not know her well. A lot of my friends are grieving.

She apparently was heading to the airport for an early flight for a meeting. Some articles I read say that Progress energy where she was employed and Duke power were set to merge today in a 13 BILLION dollar deal that she was a part of. The story really bothers me.

Another government employee killed (see the other thread about the guy found in the landfill). I wonder if someone's trying to clean house in Washington? They don't always play nice.

I hope more people chime in on this thread with theories about what they think happened. This is a strange story.

This story really bothers me. I went to high school with Ashley, but did not know her well. A lot of my friends are grieving.

Am sorry for your friends' loss and as you state this is an upsetting story. A new Beemer is a pretty reliable SUV -- the ''odd'' angle that the vehicle is at is also a bit weird. Even if she was leaving to catch an early flight or meeting, you would think that her hubby would have been up at least to have coffee with her. Too many odd bits unanswered.

Fox News said a homicide team was called in. I just think the way the car was found (half out of the garage) being connected in Washington, and the merger is too much coincidence. Maybe I'm jaded. I hope for her kids it was just a bizarre accident.

Here's another article that states the neighbors said she was leaving for an early flight out of Washington. It also addresses some inconsistencies with the way she died.

My opinion of what I read was that it seems they are questioning why the fire if the speed of the car was slow.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0111/47367.html

I was kind of wondering if maybe she was dead when the fire started, just because of the homicide investigators being called in (per Fox news). I don't know.

She apparently was heading to the airport for an early flight for a meeting. Some articles I read say that Progress energy where she was employed and Duke power were set to merge today in a 13 BILLION dollar deal that she was a part of. The story really bothers me.

The story bothers me and that merger bothers me. Talk about a monopoly on energy prices!

Another government employee killed (see the other thread about the guy found in the landfill). I wonder if someone's trying to clean house in Washington? They don't always play nice.

My thoughts exactly!

My problem with this story is how/why would the car suddenly catch fire if she was leaving the house and backed out of the garage doors? You would think if the gas tank ruptured there would have been an explosion. No word on that at all.

Ok. Apparently her facebook page has been deleted since this afternoon, too.

Turton was the wife of Daniel A. Turton, 43, the White House's deputy director of legislative affairs for the U.S. House. As such, he is President Obama's point man on legislation moving through the House.
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/crime-scene/paul-duggan/-the-wife-of-a.html?hpid=topnews

Progress Energy on Monday announced a merger with Duke Energy that would create the country’s largest utility company, Hughes said. Turton would have played a key role on Capitol Hill discussing the merger,
“She certainly would have had a role in notifying legislative staff,” Hughes said. “She was a regular liaison with staff members.”
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0111/47367.html#ixzz1AgZFxKuW

If it was murder could it have been directed at her husband but she became the victim instead?

In the above information it seems Legislation/legislative is a common ground.

Wonder if the car was parked outside or in garage? What if she caught someone in the garage or outside waiting for her?

I just saw a video on Fox that showed for just a second, the driver side of the car when it was still half in/half out of the garage. The glass looked kind of melted or warped but the paint job itself looked untouched! I don't think she was trapped.

Another thing I just thought of, she was a beautiful woman who worked with a lot of people. It could have been a stalker.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4
Back