1365 users online (342 members and 1023 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,834

    David Nelson Last Star Of Ozzie & Harriet Dead At 74

    David Nelson, the last surviving family member of "The Ozzie & Harriet" show has died at 74 following complications from colon cancer.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,834

    David Nelson Last Star Of Ozzie & Harriet Dead At 74

    I posted this thread on here in addition to the one I put in the celebrity forum because more people may see it here.

    David Nelson, the last surviving family member of "The Ozzie & Harriet" show has died at 74 following complications from colon cancer.

    Mod. if you want to merge it's cool with me.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    In the cooooold!
    Posts
    4,633
    Quote Originally Posted by kato View Post
    I posted this thread on here in addition to the one I put in the celebrity forum because more people may see it here.

    David Nelson, the last surviving family member of "The Ozzie & Harriet" show has died at 74 following complications from colon cancer.

    Mod. if you want to merge it's cool with me.
    Beav, wally and the suck up kid are still living.
    Or is Ozzie & Harriet different from Leave it to Beaver?

    Beautiful Rox.
    Sept. 18, 1997 - May 26 2012
    Rest peacefully my love I'll forever miss you.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Minnesota-land of loons
    Posts
    3,212
    Quote Originally Posted by drip~drop View Post
    Beav, wally and the suck up kid are still living.
    Or is Ozzie & Harriet different from Leave it to Beaver?
    Two different shows: Ozzie and Harriet, Leave it to Beaver.

    Eve

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    In the cooooold!
    Posts
    4,633
    Quote Originally Posted by eve View Post
    Two different shows: Ozzie and Harriet, Leave it to Beaver.

    Eve
    ahhhh, ok then, thank you for the explaination!

    Beautiful Rox.
    Sept. 18, 1997 - May 26 2012
    Rest peacefully my love I'll forever miss you.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,631
    That's very sad...I always liked him. I once heard Ricky Nelson's kids say in an interview that David was the glue that held the whole family together.

    RIP..

    http://www.latimes.com/news/obituari...,1039470.story

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    28,606
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-qk4FMTkKo[/ame]

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,970
    Aww,that's sad.He was over shadowed by his brother Ricky. Seemed like a nice guy. The last time I saw him on tv was years ago,when he was on a panel with other actor/actresses talking about some of the problems that could occur when young kids get famous at such a young age. He seemed to turn out okay....RIP David Nelson

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,204
    I loved that show. Can I feel any older then when I found out he was 74?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,569
    Quote Originally Posted by DairyGirl View Post
    I loved that show. Can I feel any older then when I found out he was 74?
    --------------------
    Me too DairyGirl.I watched them all the time.
    It was sad the way Ricky passed.I see David
    named one of his sons after Ricky. A loving brother.
    David always seemed so grown up in comparison
    to Ricky.They were in reality a normal family.
    Peace be thine David.
    My Buffy. He lives in Heaven now
    with my loved ones..xoxox


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    In the cooooold!
    Posts
    4,633
    D'oh, so I finally "got it".
    David Nelson is Ricky (Garden Party) Nelsons brother.


    I hope they had a great family reunion.

    Beautiful Rox.
    Sept. 18, 1997 - May 26 2012
    Rest peacefully my love I'll forever miss you.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Montecito
    Posts
    2,493
    When I was a kid, I remember way-yay Friday nights: the Nelsons were gonna be on TV! ;-)

    Ricky was just so cute..."I don't mess-around much!" (Pepsodent commercial?)

    David played an essential part as his older and wiser brother.

    The Ozzie & Harriet family has taken much flack for being unrealistic in its day. It was certainly not the only TV series then which created a fantasy of a family. Good Grief, compared to today's reality TV, etc, I give them high-fives!

    R.I.P. David, last of the four

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,834
    Quote Originally Posted by shana View Post
    When I was a kid, I remember way-yay Friday nights: the Nelsons were gonna be on TV! ;-)

    Ricky was just so cute..."I don't mess-around much!" (Pepsodent commercial?)

    David played an essential part as his older and wiser brother.

    The Ozzie & Harriet family has taken much flack for being unrealistic in its day. It was certainly not the only TV series then which created a fantasy of a family. Good Grief, compared to today's reality TV, etc, I give them high-fives!

    R.I.P. David, last of the four
    They were even so real as to actually shoot the show from their personal residence.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Left Coast USA
    Posts
    8,846
    Quote Originally Posted by kato View Post
    They were even so real as to actually shoot the show from their personal residence.
    Not true. "The exterior of the television house was modeled on the real-life Nelson home, and Ozzie incorporated many real-life events, neighbors, family and hobbies into the program." The show was shot on a sound stage.

    That quote from The Museum of Broadcast Communication:
    http://www.museum.tv/eotvsection.php...de=nelsonozzie

    I totally loved Ozzie and Harriett.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,648
    Grew up in the 50's and Loved the show. They were a handsome family. I couldn't wait 'til Ricky would sing. He was very handsome. So was David, but of course "the older brother".

    Good-Bye David. It's so sad they are all gone now.



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-18-2016, 05:31 AM
  2. 'Addams Family' star Ken Weatherwax dead at 59
    By BetteDavisEyes in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-09-2014, 04:01 AM
  3. SC SC - David Nelson, 43, Ridgeland, 3 March 2008
    By Kimster in forum Cold Cases
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-02-2012, 03:21 PM
  4. David Gest: The biggest star?
    By Floh in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 11-17-2006, 06:42 AM