MS MS - Norman Held, 64, DeSoto County, 4 Jan 2011

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://www.abc24.com/news/local/sto...ssippi-Man/u7NSv7s14Uasjl7CX3byhQ.cspx?rss=59

Reported by: Joy Lambert Email: JLambert@abc24.com
Print Story Published: 1/11 5:15 pm
Updated: 1/11 10:14 pm

DeSoto County detectives still have no clues as to what happened to an elderly North Mississippi man.

64-year-old Norman Louis Held disappeared Tuesday, January 4, and deputies still have no leads.

Commander Alan Thompson, with the DeSoto County Sheriff's Department says, "We cannot locate his vehicle, we cannot locate his cell phone, we cannot locate him."

More at link
Story.jpg

Thank you for starting a thread about this missing person. He lives in our community. I don't know him but it is way too close to home. I'll be contacting the Sheriff's office on Monday to see if we can help in searching for him.
I think the barber shop is straight down Goodman Road (Hwy 302) about 8 miles from our subdivision.
We are praying for his safe return.
Terry

After talking to the sheriff's office I was able to talk to a family member.
I suggested TES to the family. They've called and started the ball rolling.
Praying for good things to happen for this family.
Terry

Mr Held was briefly mentioned on NG Missing show tonight.

I live in North MS and this is the first I have heard of this. Prayers for his family. I would like to put up some flyer's this weekend if thats ok.

Thank you jen&jonhart! I think that the family would greatly appreciate your help spreading the word !

Praying that Norman is found safe!

~Summer_Breeze

I live in North MS and this is the first I have heard of this. Prayers for his family. I would like to put up some flyer's this weekend if thats ok.

I think you can get fliers from the DeSoto County Sheriff's office (662) 429-1470.
The family lives out of state. I'm sure they would appreciate any local involvement.

DeSoto SARs checked some water areas using sonar and had helicopter searches when he turned up missing in early January.
TES says once the truck is found they may be able to get involved but at this time there's not much they can do.

I asked the family to check with the local grocery stores to check their surveillance tapes for 1/4/11 after 12:30 PM for any clues.
Thanks (I live in the same community as Mr. Held)

If anyone has other suggestions please post here.

I've got my porchlight on for you, Mr Held. Hoping you'll find your way home.

http://news.vivasoft.hu/the-news/45363-my-father-that-has-been-missing-since-jan.4-2011.html

My Father that has been missing since Jan.4 2011
Tuesday, 25 January 2011 12:10

My Father was last seen on Jan. 4 2011 at a baber shop in Horn Lake Ms. between 12-1 pm.Norman Louis Held He was born on August 17,1946. I would say he is around 5'8 and between 155-195 lbs. Was Last seen in his truck. 2007 4 door burgundy chevy silverado chromed out.Tag# Misssissippi DA5150. The police have no leads what so ever and I need some help. I am a airforce wife and when my husband deploys I depend on my father so much and need him so much. My husband will be leaving this March and I just dont know what I am gonna do with out my husband and father. I need some kind of answers to maybe lift the stress of worrying off my shoulders. I need to know where he is or what has happend to him. The Desoto county police have no leads and I wouldnt wish this on my worst enemy. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since this has been going on and there are absoulutley no signs of him. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME.

Even if we just spread the word, that can help so much in asking people to keep an eye out !!!!!!!

I think my heart just broke into a million pieces. Again.

Prayers for Norman and his family!

~Summer

Bumping for Norman, with prayers for those who love and miss him.

http://www.amw.com/missing_persons/brief.cfm?id=77620

Mississippi Man Vanishes After A Haircut
Last updated April 6, 2011

Cops say 64-year-old Norman Louis Held hasn't been seen after a visit to his local barbershop in January 2011. Though police tried to track him down through his vehicle's OnStar, it's since been turned off and leads have dried up. Help bring him home safely.

Held_primary_large2.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=184399881608761&comments

Missing Person: Norman Louis Heldby Horn Lake Police Department on Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 9:40am
North American Missing Persons Network Norman Louis Held

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Case Number: NamUs MP# 9567
AKA: Stormin Norman
Clothing: Possibly wearing tennis shoes.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Norman has a gray goatee. He has a receding

hair line in front. Norman has a scar on the back of his neck. Left ear is pierced.

He also wears glasses.
Race: White
Hair Color: Brown / Graying
Height: 5'7"-5'9"; (67"-69")
Date Of Birth: not specified
Missing Since: January 4, 2011 from Walls, DeSoto County, Mississippi

Details of Disappearance

Norman was last seen driving a 2007 burgundy Chevy Silverado with chrome accents. Unfortunately, the OnStar has since been disabled, and his cell phone was turned off, with calls going straight to voicemail. He was last seen leaving a barber shop in Horn Lake, Mississippi.

Investigating Agency

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Desoto County Sheriff's Department
Detective Jerry Owensby
(662) 429-1470

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads