GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
And along now to Thread # 5, the unsolved case of Joanna Yeates, 25, a landscape architect, found dead on Longwood Lane, Flailand, North Somerset, after having gone missing from her home on Canynge Road, Clifton, Bristol.

REMEMBER, please: disagree, but don't bicker for the sake of it; attack the post if need be, but never the poster; maintain your sense of decorum; and PLEASE use restraint in referring to those who have not been named as suspects.
---
X Wondering who these people being discussed are, in terms of case context? Or to what the initials being used refer? See Destroyer's excellent post from last thread, here:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased UK - Joanna Yeates, Clifton, Bristol, 17 December 2010 - #3

X Also, PhillB has done an excellent map of the area in question; it can be referred to here:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased UK - Joanna Yeates, Clifton, Bristol, 17 December 2010 - #3

Terrific discussion and sleuthing so far - an incredible amount of work has been done by a good many talented WSers. Welcome to those new to the case! Excellent links to information from media abound on the first four threads; familiarizing yourself with the case will enhance your understanding of the discussion on this, its fourth thread.

LINKS

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

WebSleuths TOS: The Rules

---------
NOTE FROM MODS

If you see a post that violates the TOS - you need to report it by hitting the little red triangle in the upper right corner of the post. If you respond to the post, you will be held accountable as having broken the TOS.

Read the rules and know them. This is a moderated forum and we don't do ugly here.

Salem

Carrying over my post from the last page of thread #4 .............

Many things are not sitting well with me this evening, listed below:

a) The mobile phone habits

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/news/DESPERATE-KILLER-CAUGHT/article-3090666-detail/article.html

Both RS and GR say that Jo was "useless" with her mobile phone

RS says that she too is "useless" with her phone

RS and GR say quite the same thing yet Jo's actions involving her phone on the 17th tell us that she uses her phone in a rather regular way like the rest of us - she called CAG (sorry forgot his initials), and she called and spoke to RS no problem - so that kind of contradicts RS and GR's tales of Jo's mobile phone habits (and indeed RS' story about her own mobile phone habits). I find that troubling. I wonder if these two have any other things they share, iykwim.

b) The friend's video
I don't know why but I find this video very disturbing and not at all what I was 'expecting'. Anyone else have similar feelings?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...-murder-Rebecca-Scott-speaks-of-her-loss.html

c) The father
I don't know about you, and I hesitate to judge on looks alone usually, but I find this fella about the least likely kind of chap to be working in IT. Is that really his job or does he have some significant 'other' role that would mean that the LE came out in force, guns blazing from the outset - which by all accounts was veeery early on considering this perhaps appeared at first to be just a missing person case - after an office party - no great urgency. ??

all, of course, jmo.

Welcome to those who've just come aboard this day, and may have escaped our notice. For those guests onlooking, we were all new once, some of us quite recently - join us!

:welcome3:

have just posted on previous thread will it get on this thread does anyone know pls

have just posted on previous thread will it get on this thread does anyone know pls

Sweep the cat's last post from Thread #4:

Not sure if this is greg or not, however, I do wonder and some of you might not like this much.

The friendship between Jo and her friend goes back 10 years, they went to Uni together, on their first holiday together and camping together. Now, being of warped mind etc. was this friendship more than a friendship and was her friend dumped for Greg at some time. This then brings the slant of obsession into focus. it was the friend that knew that Jo was was on her own for the weekend.

I will leave you all to think about the rest.

Sorry if this offends but I have a strong feeling a woman is very much involved and this theory fits.

And Destroyer's reply to Sweep the cat's last post, from Thread #4:

I did raise a similar issue in a previous thread about RS, but got shot down because others believed 'Strangulation' is more of a mans thing.

Just watched the Sky News interview with RS & i hope this doesnt offend anyone, but what i am going to say is that if it were known RS was a lesbian, i would have her down as the 'Man' if you know what i mean ?? Please dont take these comments as 'Homophobic' , just an observation i am making.

I also noticed she doesnt like looking up at the camera much either ??

From Destroyer:

I wouldn't say strangulation is necessarily more of a man's thing. It's just that if I, as a normal sized woman, was going to strangle another woman, I know it would be a phyiscal struggle I may well not win.

Most men can over power a woman. But a woman vs a woman, is pretty evenly matched. Those are not winning odds for me.

Just watched the Sky News interview with RS & i hope this doesnt offend anyone, but what i am going to say is that if it were known RS was a lesbian, i would have her down as the 'Man' if you know what i mean ?? Please dont take these comments as 'Homophobic' , just an observation i am making.

I also noticed she doesnt like looking up at the camera much either ??

Yes I know what you mean Destroyer, however, RS could have had a man with her who is unknown

Yes I know what you mean Destroyer, however, RS could have had a man with her who is unknown

The Police obviously have Jo's last conversation with Rebeca traced to where R.S was at the time. If her mobile signal was in Bristol then it's time for her to worry big time, but I think she can easily be ruled out if not.
Which I suspect has already been done.

Daily Express has a new headline for information already all over the papers:

JOANNA YEATES’ LAST WORDS: SEE YOU ON CHRISTMAS EVE...

Good enough overview of RS's press accounts today though, for those who haven't seen it, plus the interview video.

Police believe PhD student Rebecca, 25, was the last person to speak to her. Her body was found on Christmas Day.

Joanna made the fateful call to Rebecca at 8.30pm on December 17 as she walked back to the flat she had rented with Greg.

Joanna had telephoned her “inseparable’’ best friend of 10 years while walking home alone from the pub where she had enjoyed Christmas drinks with her work mates.

Devastated Rebecca revealed how Joanna had given her no hint anything was wrong in that final call. “She had so much life in her left to live,” she said.

She also quashed speculation that Joanna could have been seeing another man before she was killed, insisting her friend was “besotted” with boyfriend Greg Reardon.

“She was so happy with Greg too,” she said. “They were perfect for each other. They were very close and anyone around them could see that happiness and just how good they were together. Jo’s not someone who would move into an apartment with someone on a whim. It was very clear to everyone who knew her that she and Greg were the real deal. She had so much life left in her to live. Now that has been taken away.’’

Read more: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view...words-See-you-on-Christmas-Eve-#ixzz1As5uinwp

These words are a wonderful cover for someone who is hurting about their ex lover. She says she was the last person to speak to Jo. So positive is she that she cannot look into the camera when saying it.

So positive is she that she cannot look into the camera when saying it.

Sweep, the convention is for interviewees is to look at the interviewer but not into the camera. TV directors would cut and restart if she did.

Is it because you are based in the US where I know the convention is different? To us it's a little weird when US TV interviewees or panel pundits turn and stare at us. When you have three of them on a panel on Fox it's just scary. In the UK, only the host addresses the audience at home and interviewees or panel pundits look at him/her or each other but never at the camera.

Sweep, the convention is for interviewees is to look at the interviewer but not into the camera. TV directors would cut and restart if she did.

Is it because you are based in the US where I know the convention is different? To us it's a little weird when US TV interviewees or panel pundits turn and stare at us. When you have three of them on a panel on Fox it's just scary. In the UK, only the host addresses the audience at home and interviewees or panel pundits look at him/her or each other but never at the camera.

I am in the UK and probably barking up the wrong tree. I do not know much about convention on interviewees but I feel that this particular interview is such a good red herring. I am not saying it is right but I am not ruling it out at all.

Now Im off to bed zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

From Destroyer:

I wouldn't say strangulation is necessarily more of a man's thing. It's just that if I, as a normal sized woman, was going to strangle another woman, I know it would be a phyiscal struggle I may well not win.

Most men can over power a woman. But a woman vs a woman, is pretty evenly matched. Those are not winning odds for me.

A woman,(or a man) could strangle another woman more easily if she used the element of surprise i.e. if she came at the victim from behind. Throws the ligature over the victim's head,and around the neck,while at the same time placing a knee in the small of the victim's back. Very quick. Maybe time to scream a couple of times.... Sorry to be so graphic.

All JMO

Destroyers previous thread:

Perhaps they found the remains of a body organ ie a heart for example ?? I'm sure ive said this before ??

I thought L/E may have found 'something' which made them take this so seriously from the outset......but not this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46