GUILTY AZ - Six killed, 13 injured in shooting at Gabrielle Giffords event, 8 Jan 2011 - #2

Hey, I caught the end of KVOA's news tonight and it had a friend of Jared's and she said a lot more about the family dynamics, I think. I can't find it online yet, but if anyone finds it I want to hear the whole thing.

She mentioned how the parents wouldn't let his friends visit their home. No one was let inside. I want to make sure that's what I heard before making that a fact to follow.

TIA! xoxo

Hey, I caught the end of KVOA's news tonight and it had a friend of Jared's and she said a lot more about the family dynamics, I think. I can't find it online yet, but if anyone finds it I want to hear the whole thing.

She mentioned how the parents wouldn't let his friends visit their home. No one was let inside. I want to make sure that's what I heard before making that a fact to follow.

TIA! xoxo

I hope that I am providing the ''right link'' for the hard copy of that interview

http://www.kgun9.com/Global/story.asp?S=13834898

his high school gal pal was interviewed and this caught my eye

""I know he had a difficult relationship with his parents," Figueroa said. "They would never let me come in the house, and I couldn't understand why they wouldn't let me come in."

There's also a male friend of Jared's who said his parents wouldn't let them inside either because they were always fighting with him and he always sat in the car for 10 minutes while they fought with him. Or it was misreported...What's with this being so reclusive?

hmmm, What the heck went on in that house? I'm not blaming the family. I am just very curious as I feel all the mentally ill deserve that respect from us, to try to understand why they have became what they have.

I have no problem with him getting the dp or whatever he deserves. But this cat is out there on thought. He scares me. I want to know why.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp=41048443&#41048443

If anyone missed it President Obama delivered a very powerful speech..

Obama to Americans: 'We can be better'
President appeals for national unity, soul-searching after Tucson shootings

NBC, msnbc.com and news services
updated 32 minutes ago 2011-01-13T12:08:20
Share Print Font: +-TUCSON, Ariz. — President Barack Obama mourned victims of the Tucson shooting spree Wednesday and urged Americans not to let a political debate over the tragedy be used as "one more occasion to turn on one another."

In a speech at a service for those killed in a weekend massacre that left Rep. Gabrielle Giffords gravely wounded, the president appealed for national unity and soul-searching after the shootings. He urged Americans to "expand our moral imaginations" and "sharpen our instincts for empathy" — even with those who are political adversaries.

"I believe we can be better," Obama said to a capacity crowd at the University of Arizona basketball arena — and to countless others watching across America. "Those who died here, those who saved lives here — they help me believe. We may not be able to stop all evil in the world, but I know that how we treat one another is entirely up to us."

more
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41053561/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts

Long Live Arizona

Justice for All

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ocide_school_creepy_gunmans_insane_rants.html

Rantings of creepy Arizona mass murder suspect Jared Lee Loughner: 'This is my genocide school'BY DAVE GOLDINERDAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERThursday, January 13th 2011, 4:00

Jared Lee Loughner (both photos, above) was booted from Pima Community College in September when he made an Internet video denouncing the suburban school as a death camp.

Greenman: The climate of hate didn't kill Giffords, but it's realMass shooting suspect Jared Lee Loughner descended into madness with bizarre outbursts about baby suicide bombers, numerology and a YouTube rant about mass killings at his community college, newly released records showcom

Read more:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2011/01/13/2011-01-13_this_is_my_genocide_school_creepy_gunmans_insane_rants.html#ixzz1AvBZlyMZ

Linask,
If I have the clip and there are no bullets, and my brain injuried husband cannot drive, has control of NO MONEY, how could anyone be at risk other then me, when I take him shooting....the benefit out ways the risk! He has committed NO Crime, never been involuntary committed, I have never acted to take his rights, nor would I unless he started refusing medication, he still votes as he wishes, and should!
I understand mental illness, and how difficult it is for parents, I have had an involuntary commit on my daughter, so I realize when to control a weapon!

I'm only copying articles I find with info in them. There's so many with different times, different victims, different everything. Wish all the info on Jared could be combined. I'm sure they are working on that now.

Thanks so much newone! That's the one. Very interesting.

Odd antics at PCC viewed with growing alarm

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/crime/article_a13e83d7-7e29-50cf-ad74-44c0de4092a2.html

Thanks for this article Dr. Know?

All the articles now are starting to tell the tale of just how very disturbed Jared Loughner was. The rapid progression is rather alarming actually. I just have to wonder why laws are such that the school in particular, had no viable method to bring intervention into this. Not blaming the school at all - seems they took this quite seriously but their hands were literally tied by legal restrictions, i.e. privacy laws. It just strikes me as very wrong that with the encounters and the fear expressed, not just by some students but instructors as well, there should be apoint at which safety for others shhould be the focus. I don't know enough about AZ law to know, but is there something which prevents interaction between campus police and local law enforcement if you know ? Is there no ability for local law enforcement to request at least a 72 hour mental hold when there seems to be some mental health issues as obvious as those displayed by Loughner if you know?

Not blaming anyone, just sad that nothing happened as it seems to me, this shooting could possibly have been avoided were there some interconnections/communications that could have been implemented. Seems to me if there are none, there should be some.

All the articles now are starting to tell the tale of just how very disturbed Jared Loughner was. The rapid progression is rather alarming actually.
Snipped, bolded by me.

No, actually, this is a typical progression of schizophrenia. It can seem alarmingly fast, but I'd venture to guess that it was years in coming; he was considered "odd" in high school, and it's 4 years since he's graduated (if my math is correct).

I'll venture another guess and say that we are hearing only a small portion of what went on in his mind...he's probably been hearing voices and been disturbed for a long while, and only in the last year and a half or so have the symptoms been so overt that someone with no training/experience in MI and outside the situation would think "hm. Something is wrong."

So if we think of it as beginning in HS, when his friends said he asked some strange questions, and think about when overt symptomology occurred (probably when he was in college, and according to some internet postings attributed to him, spring 2010), it really wasn't "too fast".

The key time in his MI was when it began to manifest outside his own mind, and that probably would've been in high school. That was when treatment would've been easier, more successful, and might've stopped this event. It was missed, as most MI is missed, in the early stage, and the development of the illness gathered steam, gained momentum, and a few years later, we have this situation on our hands.

Family and friends must be under so much guilt. I feel very bad for them.

Best-
Herding Cats

The 911 flag.

911CristinaGreen-1.jpg

Thu Jan 13, 10:00 am ET
By Holly Bailey
Three Democratic colleagues were in the room Wednesday when Rep. Gabrielle Giffords opened her eyes for the first time on her own since being shot in the head at a political event Saturday. The breakthrough -- publicly announced Wednesday night during President Obama's speech at a memorial service for the six people who died in Tucson, Ariz. -- came as New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi and Florida Rep. Debbie [COLOR=#366388 ! important][COLOR=#366388 ! important]Wasserman [COLOR=#366388 ! important]Schultz[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] were sitting at Giffords' bedside. All three are close friends of the Arizona congresswoman.
The moment "felt like we were watching a miracle," Wasserman Schultz told reporters Wednesday night on their way back to Washington with Obama aboard Air Force One. "Other than the birth of my kids, this was the most incredible feeling to see ... one of your closest friends just struggle to come back to you."
Giffords has since begun yawning and spontaneously waking on her own, her attending physician Dr. [COLOR=#366388 ! important][COLOR=#366388 ! important]Peter [COLOR=#366388 ! important]Rhee[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] told reporters Thursday morning. She has begun physical therapy, with medical team members helping her to sit up and dangle her legs from the side of the bed. more at link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theti...was-in-the-room-when-giffords-opened-her-eyes

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back