1213 users online (272 members and 941 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FL - Naples, Male Skeletal UP9845, 40-70, near homeless camp, Jan'11

Collier County Sheriff detectives have confirmed that remains found behind the Walmart are from a human.

The Collier County Sheriff’s Office has confirmed that deputies have discovered skeletal remains behind a North Naples Walmart.

A representative of the Collier County Medical Examiner’s Office is currently on scene, Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Michelle Batten said.

"They will be brought to the (Medical Examiner’s) office at some point for examination," Batten said.

The remains are located in a heavily-wooded area behind the Walmart at 5420 Juliet Blvd., just west of the Interstate 75 interchange on Immokalee Road. The Sheriff’s Office received a call about the remains just before 5 p.m. Wednesday.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2011/...le-skeletal-r/
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-14-2013 at 09:44 PM.
    “These comments are my own personal opinions only and do not necessarily reflect the positions or opinions of others, W.S. or their affiliates. My posts are not to hurt or cause damage to anyone. They are merely something to ponder. All comments are based upon the current information that I know in this case and my own personal experiences. I am not posting as a professional posters and/or a verified locals/insiders* . You should conduct independent research to verify the validity of any statements made in this post before basing any decisions upon those statements. In addition, any views or opinions expressed by posters who quote my post to this thread are theirs and not mind, and I respect that."

????? Possible ?????

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2010/...ing-34-year-o/
    VIDEO/PHOTOS: 34-year-old mom of 4 kids missing for more than a week; last seen leaving work

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2010/...-seven-months/
    Whatever happened to? Disappearance of Marie Delly in East Naples

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthr...ly#post5932366
    FL FL Marie Delly

“It’s definitely human remains,” said Capt. Chris Roberts, of the Sheriff’s Office Special Investigations Division.

The investigation is at this point being labeled a “death investigation,” not a criminal one, said Natalie Felber, a spokeswoman for the Sheriff’s Office.

Roberts said it’s still too soon to identify the person’s age or sex.
    http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2011/...h-naples-walm/

Wow! Mary Delly was last seen at her place of employment, a Walmart! but the locations are listed with different streets.

Long list of missing persons from this county.

http://www2.colliersheriff.org/casep...ofileList.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Wow! Mary Delly was last seen at her place of employment, a Walmart! but the locations are listed with different streets.

Long list of missing persons from this county.

http://www2.colliersheriff.org/casep...ofileList.aspx

Yes she worked at what is called the East Walmart Here, It is in a "?" part of Town...

Also CCSO does not have a great track record for finding Missing People...

It is not from lack of trying they Pull out all the stops when the Work a case.
    “These comments are my own personal opinions only and do not necessarily reflect the positions or opinions of others, W.S. or their affiliates. My posts are not to hurt or cause damage to anyone. They are merely something to ponder. All comments are based upon the current information that I know in this case and my own personal experiences. I am not posting as a professional posters and/or a verified locals/insiders* . You should conduct independent research to verify the validity of any statements made in this post before basing any decisions upon those statements. In addition, any views or opinions expressed by posters who quote my post to this thread are theirs and not mind, and I respect that."

http://www.marconews.com/news/2011/j...er=yahoo_feeds

NAPLES — The Collier County Sheriff’s Office has released photographs of a rosary found along with human skeletal remains discovered in a wooded area in North Naples on Wednesday.
    The item is decorated with dark, plastic beads with a crucifix and a Christian religious medallion.
    Skeletal remains were discovered in a wooded area between Livingston Road and Wal-Mart, 5420 Juliet Blvd., around 5 p.m. Wednesday. Articles of clothing, including a shirt and a pair of pants, were also found with the remains.
    The skeletal remains are being taken to the Collier County Medical Examiner’s Office, where they will be analyzed. A forensic anthropologist will help determine factors such as the person’s sex, age and race.

hmmm...right away, looking at the rosary, I got suicide. Dunno why.
    This is all my opinion, which is subject to change with more information, if the wind changes direction, or if I wake up in a different mood...

Quote Originally Posted by DeepThinker View Post
    hmmm...right away, looking at the rosary, I got suicide. Dunno why.
    Huh. That's the last thing I'd think. (not to criticize, just surprised me)

I was thinking either the victim is a devout Catholic who always has their rosary with them (especially with the medal attached) - could be accident, natural, or murder

OR

a murderer who has some remorse left it with the victim - could even be an accident or natural in this case actually, if the person who left it was afraid to report the death but felt badly about the body being left

OR

a murderer whose brain has some f-ed up connection to religion left it with his victim

I wonder if it was found IN the pants or shirt pocket or just near the remains.

Quote Originally Posted by CN2Souls View Post
    http://www.marconews.com/news/2011/j...er=yahoo_feeds

NAPLES — The Collier County Sheriff’s Office has released photographs of a rosary found along with human skeletal remains discovered in a wooded area in North Naples on Wednesday.
    The item is decorated with dark, plastic beads with a crucifix and a Christian religious medallion.
    Skeletal remains were discovered in a wooded area between Livingston Road and Wal-Mart, 5420 Juliet Blvd., around 5 p.m. Wednesday. Articles of clothing, including a shirt and a pair of pants, were also found with the remains.
    The skeletal remains are being taken to the Collier County Medical Examiner’s Office, where they will be analyzed. A forensic anthropologist will help determine factors such as the person’s sex, age and race.

Wow I went to the link that Cubby put up for missing people and the first thing that caught my attention was this girl - Brenda Ovalle - with what might be a rosary around her neck - I can't see if it is or not - may be just a cross necklace? It does look small to be a rosary.
    http://www2.colliersheriff.org/inter...aspx?ID=46&i=2

Also I wonder if the medallion is a "St. Christopher" or what it is. Just curious, I guess.
    Last edited by LotsaLatte; 01-14-2011 at 07:54 PM.
    The best advice I give to my children: Tell the truth - whether you like it or not.

Yes, that is a rosary Brenda Orvalle is wearing however the cross on the rosary she is wearing is different than the cross on the rosary found with the remains.

It's not uncommon for people to wear a rosary like costume jewelry as of the last few years. So it may or may not mean something related to a devout Catholic.

jmo

Quote Originally Posted by angelmom View Post
    Huh. That's the last thing I'd think. (not to criticize, just surprised me)

I was thinking either the victim is a devout Catholic who always has their rosary with them (especially with the medal attached) - could be accident, natural, or murder
    rsbbm:

just to clarify, that's not the first thing I normally think when I see a rosary...I think like you do - a devout Catholic that always has their rosary with them. That's why I thought it weird that the first thing through my mind was suicide.

I was just giving an initial impression, is all
    This is all my opinion, which is subject to change with more information, if the wind changes direction, or if I wake up in a different mood...

How long until possible identification, provided there's dental records, etc.?

I'm thinking at least 2-3 weeks?

I live in Naples and I haven't seen anything about this since very soon after the remains were discovered. I've googled and checked the CCSO site to see and nothing more has been said from what I can tell. I too am curious if the remains were of Felipe or Terrance as I have followed both cases for years.

Has anyone else seen any new info?
    I just think it's kind of odd for them to not say anything about it.
    Heather
    True crime junkie from way back and compulsive WS lurker

NamUS UID Profile

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/full_report/9845

Case Report - NamUs UP # 9845
    Case Information
    Status Unidentified
    Case number 2011-00018
    Date found January 12, 2011 16:43

Demographics
    Estimated age Adult - Pre 70
    Minimum age 40 years
    Maximum age 70 years
    Race Unsure
    Ethnicity
    Sex Male
    Weight (pounds) , Cannot Estimate
    Height (inches) 66, Estimated

Body conditions
    Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton

Probable year of death to
    Estimated postmortem interval Years

Circumstances
    Location Found
    GPS coordinates
    Address 1 Wooded area south of Immokalee Road
    Address 2 West of a Super Wal-mart.
    City Naples
    State Florida
    Zip code
    County Collier

Circumstances of death
    Remains found in a wooded area that is well known as a vagrant campsite. Time since death may be several years to several decades. Possible earliest year of death is 1994 based on T-shirt's logo trademarked date.

Fingerprints not obtainable due to the condition of the body.

Clothing on body
    Faded Glory brand, red and white, long sleeve, button down shirt, size L; White, Fruit of the Loom brand T-shirt, size XL, with "Quaker State" emblem on front and on the back "Quaker State" and "The intelligent oil for harder working engines"; Grey Jerzees brand T-shirt, size XL, with "Mirage" in blue print on front and "18" in blue print on the back.

Clothing with body
    A pair of "Michaels" khaki colored pants, size 29x30 were found near the body.

Footwear
    One white "Reebok Walk" sneaker, UK size 10, with sole insert and another "Reebok Walk" sole insert.

Jewelry
    Eyewear
    Other items found with body

One brown colored, plastic beaded necklace with white colored cross and yellow metal medallion.

Comments
    Advanced periodontal disease. Mandible not recovered. X-rays, photographs and NCIC chart available.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast