FL FL - Naples, Male Skeletal UP9845, 40-70, near homeless camp, Jan'11

CN2Souls

A MEMBER FROM LONG AGO
Reaction score
Collier County Sheriff detectives have confirmed that remains found behind the Walmart are from a human.

The Collier County Sheriff’s Office has confirmed that deputies have discovered skeletal remains behind a North Naples Walmart.

A representative of the Collier County Medical Examiner’s Office is currently on scene, Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Michelle Batten said.

"They will be brought to the (Medical Examiner’s) office at some point for examination," Batten said.

The remains are located in a heavily-wooded area behind the Walmart at 5420 Juliet Blvd., just west of the Interstate 75 interchange on Immokalee Road. The Sheriff’s Office received a call about the remains just before 5 p.m. Wednesday.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2011/jan/12/collier-deputies-investigating-possible-skeletal-r/

“It’s definitely human remains,” said Capt. Chris Roberts, of the Sheriff’s Office Special Investigations Division.

The investigation is at this point being labeled a “death investigation,” not a criminal one, said Natalie Felber, a spokeswoman for the Sheriff’s Office.

Roberts said it’s still too soon to identify the person’s age or sex.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2011/jan/13/human-bones-clothes-found-behind-north-naples-walm/

Wow! Mary Delly was last seen at her place of employment, a Walmart! but the locations are listed with different streets.

Long list of missing persons from this county.

http://www2.colliersheriff.org/caseprofiles/CCSOMissing/CaseProfileList.aspx

Yes she worked at what is called the East Walmart Here, It is in a "?" part of Town...

Also CCSO does not have a great track record for finding Missing People...:cry:

It is not from lack of trying they Pull out all the stops when the Work a case.

http://www.marconews.com/news/2011/...bones-north-naples-clues/?partner=yahoo_feeds

NAPLES — The Collier County Sheriff’s Office has released photographs of a rosary found along with human skeletal remains discovered in a wooded area in North Naples on Wednesday.
The item is decorated with dark, plastic beads with a crucifix and a Christian religious medallion.
Skeletal remains were discovered in a wooded area between Livingston Road and Wal-Mart, 5420 Juliet Blvd., around 5 p.m. Wednesday. Articles of clothing, including a shirt and a pair of pants, were also found with the remains.
The skeletal remains are being taken to the Collier County Medical Examiner’s Office, where they will be analyzed. A forensic anthropologist will help determine factors such as the person’s sex, age and race.

hmmm...right away, looking at the rosary, I got suicide. Dunno why. :waitasec:

hmmm...right away, looking at the rosary, I got suicide. Dunno why. :waitasec:

Huh. That's the last thing I'd think. (not to criticize, just surprised me)

I was thinking either the victim is a devout Catholic who always has their rosary with them (especially with the medal attached) - could be accident, natural, or murder

OR

a murderer who has some remorse left it with the victim - could even be an accident or natural in this case actually, if the person who left it was afraid to report the death but felt badly about the body being left

OR

a murderer whose brain has some f-ed up connection to religion left it with his victim

I wonder if it was found IN the pants or shirt pocket or just near the remains.

http://www.marconews.com/news/2011/...bones-north-naples-clues/?partner=yahoo_feeds

NAPLES — The Collier County Sheriff’s Office has released photographs of a rosary found along with human skeletal remains discovered in a wooded area in North Naples on Wednesday.
The item is decorated with dark, plastic beads with a crucifix and a Christian religious medallion.
Skeletal remains were discovered in a wooded area between Livingston Road and Wal-Mart, 5420 Juliet Blvd., around 5 p.m. Wednesday. Articles of clothing, including a shirt and a pair of pants, were also found with the remains.
The skeletal remains are being taken to the Collier County Medical Examiner’s Office, where they will be analyzed. A forensic anthropologist will help determine factors such as the person’s sex, age and race.

Wow I went to the link that Cubby put up for missing people and the first thing that caught my attention was this girl - Brenda Ovalle - with what might be a rosary around her neck - I can't see if it is or not - may be just a cross necklace? It does look small to be a rosary.
http://www2.colliersheriff.org/internet/vdi/caseprofiles/CCSOMissing/CaseProfile.aspx?ID=46&i=2

Also I wonder if the medallion is a "St. Christopher" or what it is. Just curious, I guess.

Yes, that is a rosary Brenda Orvalle is wearing however the cross on the rosary she is wearing is different than the cross on the rosary found with the remains.

It's not uncommon for people to wear a rosary like costume jewelry as of the last few years. So it may or may not mean something related to a devout Catholic.

jmo

Huh. That's the last thing I'd think. (not to criticize, just surprised me)

I was thinking either the victim is a devout Catholic who always has their rosary with them (especially with the medal attached) - could be accident, natural, or murder

rsbbm:

just to clarify, that's not the first thing I normally think when I see a rosary...I think like you do - a devout Catholic that always has their rosary with them. That's why I thought it weird that the first thing through my mind was suicide.

I was just giving an initial impression, is all :)

How long until possible identification, provided there's dental records, etc.?

I'm thinking at least 2-3 weeks?

I live in Naples and I haven't seen anything about this since very soon after the remains were discovered. I've googled and checked the CCSO site to see and nothing more has been said from what I can tell. I too am curious if the remains were of Felipe or Terrance as I have followed both cases for years.

Has anyone else seen any new info?
I just think it's kind of odd for them to not say anything about it.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/full_report/9845

Case Report - NamUs UP # 9845
Case Information
Status Unidentified
Case number 2011-00018
Date found January 12, 2011 16:43

Demographics
Estimated age Adult - Pre 70
Minimum age 40 years
Maximum age 70 years
Race Unsure
Ethnicity
Sex Male
Weight (pounds) , Cannot Estimate
Height (inches) 66, Estimated

Body conditions
Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton

Probable year of death to
Estimated postmortem interval Years

Circumstances
Location Found
GPS coordinates
Address 1 Wooded area south of Immokalee Road
Address 2 West of a Super Wal-mart.
City Naples
State Florida
Zip code
County Collier

Circumstances of death
Remains found in a wooded area that is well known as a vagrant campsite. Time since death may be several years to several decades. Possible earliest year of death is 1994 based on T-shirt's logo trademarked date.

Fingerprints not obtainable due to the condition of the body.

Clothing on body
Faded Glory brand, red and white, long sleeve, button down shirt, size L; White, Fruit of the Loom brand T-shirt, size XL, with "Quaker State" emblem on front and on the back "Quaker State" and "The intelligent oil for harder working engines"; Grey Jerzees brand T-shirt, size XL, with "Mirage" in blue print on front and "18" in blue print on the back.

Clothing with body
A pair of "Michaels" khaki colored pants, size 29x30 were found near the body.

Footwear
One white "Reebok Walk" sneaker, UK size 10, with sole insert and another "Reebok Walk" sole insert.

Jewelry
Eyewear
Other items found with body

One brown colored, plastic beaded necklace with white colored cross and yellow metal medallion.

Comments
Advanced periodontal disease. Mandible not recovered. X-rays, photographs and NCIC chart available.

Too old to be Santos or Williams and clothing doesn't match Williams' clothing description.

How does one go for years in a campsite dead and no one notices?

q64ceo ~ My guess is he died when nobody else was present and by the time someone else came back to use the camp, only the tattered clothes were visible so the body wasn't noticed right away. When I was a kid my dad showed me a vacant homeless camp and I was impressed by how much discarded clothing was strewn around in the woods, but I imagine it's easier to get freshly donated clothes from a shelter than spend what little money you have washing and drying clothes that are already worn out.

Anyway, that's great that NamUs was updated to include the info about the age of the copyrighted t-shirt image. I emailed the case manager last month after finding that Quaker State 4X4 logo listed here:

http://www.logosdatabase.com/logo/q-quaker-state-4x4_74571177

Note it was registered on September 8, 1994 and first used March 2, 1995. I agree it's safer to go with a general date of 1994 for earliest possible date of death since we don't know exactly when those t-shirts were first printed up and distributed.

http://www.marconews.com/news/2012/sep/14/remains-found-near-north-naples-walmart-remain-a/

By JESSICA LIPSCOMB
Posted September 14, 2012 at 5:57 p.m.

NAPLES — More than a year and a half after a homeless man found skeletal remains and a strand of rosary beads in North Naples, Collier County detectives have yet to match the bones to a name.

necklace2_t607.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back