2011.01.14 Hearing: Jury Selection Expected To Be Main Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melanie

Inactive
Reaction score
ORLANDO, Fla. -- The case against Casey Anthony heads back to court on Friday.

Attorneys for both sides are expected to discuss the jury selection process at the hearing with Judge Belvin Perry. The hearing is scheduled to begin at 2 p.m. WESH.com will provide live coverage.

Link: http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/26484890/detail.html

Mel

ETA: ICA will not be in attendance.

Why is Casey permitted to miss a hearing on such an important subject? Excused or not, I would think she'd use any excuse to get out of that cell for a while. I guess it just goes to show she'd rather sit in the comfort of her little dorm room. I hope prison isn't so comfy for her.

about 4 days ago I had a dream about what will happen right before trial and it woke my butt up in a sweat! LOL

Why is Casey permitted to miss a hearing on such an important subject? Excused or not, I would think she'd use any excuse to get out of that cell for a while. I guess it just goes to show she'd rather sit in the comfort of her little dorm room. I hope prison isn't so comfy for her.

I think this same thing every time she doesn't appear. Who wouldn't want to get out of that cell and see the real world? I guess that is what most normal people would think (and why we think that), so what gives? Maybe just a control thing.

I think this same thing every time she doesn't appear. Who wouldn't want to get out of that cell and see the real world? I guess that is what most normal people would think (and why we think that), so what gives? Maybe just a control thing.
I'm not sure, but I think it has something to do with Baez not wanting her there. At the beginning of this process he threw a fit about the inmate appearing in court and wanted her to skip all of the hearings. I would think that she would be anxious to escape her cell too, but maybe JB has convinced her that it's not in her best interest to appear in court. Might jeopardize her "acquittal" you know...:rolleyes:

maybe one of the other defense attorney's will be with her in another room prepping her on how not to fidget, bug her eyes out, gaze into JB eyes, keep her shirts buttoned up, etc.

I wouldn't want to sit there and listen to err...ummm...errr... for hours either. I think I would prefer being in my cell to uummm...that. JMO and all.

She's made her cage her sanctuary...her comfort zone.

If I were her, I wouldn't want to miss any of my court dates. Nope, not-a-one.
imo

I'm not sure, but I think it has something to do with Baez not wanting her there. At the beginning of this process he threw a fit about the inmate appearing in court and wanted her to skip all of the hearings. I would think that she would be anxious to escape her cell too, but maybe JB has convinced her that it's not in her best interest to appear in court. Might jeopardize her "acquittal" you know...:rolleyes:

In earth words that means, he doesn't want her to see/hear the great job they are doing. She may actually catch on that this is NOT a good thing.
:cow:imo

This makes sense to me. With her reactions in court at the sanctions hearing, she showed annoyance at the result (pursing her lips, shaking her head). She is buying what he is selling, that's for sure, it is "them against the world", imo.

I think Casey should have to be at every court proceeding. Every hearing is about her and what she is charged with. She needs to hear everything.

Casey needs to hear the planning that is going into her trial. It is a murder trial. I want her to keep hearing the words 'Jury Selection' over and over. Jose Baez lulled her into a false sense of security with his antics, IMO. Everyone around her acted as if they were celebrities - her lawyer and her family all thought they were, and she did also. I do not think Baez ever made Casey understand that she could actually get the death penalty and it actually be carried out.

Casey's jail cell has become her home. She has come to feel safe there. I think that her jail cell is her little nest and has become home. When the trial starts and she has to get up at 4:00 every morning and sit and listen to everyone in the courtroom talk about her and what she is accused of doing, she is going to lose it. She seems to not be able to bear hearing anything about Caylee having been brutally murdered by her. She needs to get accustomed to being at a court proceedings and real business being taken care of instead of Baez and Mason hem hawing around.

When Casey is finally sitting on Death Row and not in a county jail, she will see just how many people are still interested in her. I will not be. I will be celebrating justice for Caylee and Casey's conviction.

End of rant. Good morning, everyone!

If I killed my daughter, there's no way I'd *ever* want to leave that jail cell and feel the weight of public condemnation. Or have to see my mother. Or listen to the state's attorney. Or listen to *this* particular judge.

Nope.

Blaise

I think it was agreed that KC did not have to attend status hearings because usually these hearings are concerned with 'housekeeping matters' such as jury selection, time lines for depositions, etc. Unless the Judge allows it, she must attend all other hearings. I think the hearing about J Jordan's response to the subpoena request was scheduled at the last minute and it takes a lot of time to coordinate getting KC to the courthouse, etc. Judge Perry granted the defense's request to waive her presence for those reasons.

They just announced on Trutv that KC would be present at this afternoons hearing. Jean C was on discussing statements from Baez as though he was so credible and then went into evidence from the Defense that she claimed was huge. I say 31 days is much bigger. IMO

I know - I don't get it either. This is going to be an important hearing IMHO.

MOO

Mel

They just announced on Trutv that KC would be present at this afternoons hearing. Jean C was on discussing statements from Baez as though he was so credible and then went into evidence from the Defense that she claimed was huge. I say 31 days is much bigger. IMO

Thanks for the update. If memory serves, didn't the judge ordere that ICA attend all her hearings. Sorry, I don't have a link. If this is incorrect, I'll delete. After all I would want to know about jury selection -- those who will decide her fate.

Unless she can willy-nilly decide what she wants to attend or not. AND, will GA be there today? Interesting....

MOO

Mel

Really, now! She's going to be there after all! I so smell that sanctions motion coming up...

I'm now wondering if what, was it wesh, reported was told to them by the defense? Huh. I guess there's not just housekeeping going on at this hearing. I knew it wasn't going to be what MSM said yesterday! I had a strange feeling about this hearing when I woke up this morning and I'm right so far!

I'm so excited.....:great:
and I just can't hide it....:party:
I'm about to lose control.....:Banane10:
and I think I like it.......:yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics