FL FL - David Rees, 19, & Gregory Mitchell, 16, Polk County, 16 Nov 1981

Mel1024

Reaction score
Name: David Ceinon Rees Date of Birth: 6/24/1964 Height: 5'10" Weight: 150 lbs Hair: red Eyes: blue
The victim was reported missing by his step-father on 12/26/81. He had been missing for approximately three weeks before he was reported missing. The victim and a friend (Gregory Mitchell - also a missing person) were allegedly going to unload a truck and haven't been seen since. They were possibly traveling to the North Florida area. The victim had a broken top front tooth. The victim went by the first name of Ceinon.
Name: Gregory Robert Mitchell Date of Birth: 11/15/1965 Height: 5'00" Weight: 95 lbs
Hair: sandy blonde Eyes: blue
The victim was reported missing on 12/15/81 by his mother. The victim was last seen on 11/16/81. He was allegedly going to unload a truck with a friend (David Rees - also a missing person). Neither subjects were seen or heard from again. Mitchell and Rees were possibly traveling to the North Florida area.

Please help investigate/look into this if you will. I am dating Ceinon brother and know his family sisters and brothers there had to have been foul play here.
Thank you
Mel1024

I just got done speaking with Dave Wallace of the Polk County Sheriff's office. He browsed over their casefile summary on Gregory Mitchell, and said that their investigative efforts led them to suspect that he and his accomplice were probably murdered in the Florida Panhandle area, and that he was involved in the drug trade.

He also said that his DNA and dentals have been entered in CODIS and NCIC since the mid-80's. I told him that from my recollection, there was no DNA on the decedent, so there would be no CODIS hit regardless of whether it was him or not. I wasn't sure if the decedent's dentals were in NCIC, but he said if they were, there would have been a NCIC hit on dentals.

He did not have any vital stats info on his summary sheet to verify which height and weight info was correct.

As for photos, they have none in the case file. I said that I checked with the Winter Haven High School Library and he wasn't in the yearbooks. He said that this doesn't surprise him, as he was a known juvenile delinquent from a young age, and probably didn't go to school. (you're right, carbuff!!).

All in all, if their investigative info is correct, this is probably not our guy. But I have no way of knowing how reliable their info is that leads them to believe that he and David Rees were probably murdered in the Florida panhandle.

If Sgt. Hildebrand wants to look further into this though to be 100% certain, they can contact Dave Wallace of the Polk County Sheriff's office. (863) 298-6200 x 1233.
THIS IS CARRIED OVER FROM ANOTHER THREAD WRITTEN BY Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - ID ID - Snake River near Lewiston Wht/HispMale - Found - June 1982

Name:
REES, DAVID C

Nicknames:

Aliases:

Missing Person Circumstances:

Reporting Agency:
Polk County Sheriff's Office

Agency Case #:

Date of Last Contact:
11/30/1981

Date of Birth:
06/24/1962

Race:
WHITE

Sex:
MALE

Height:
5' 10"

Weight:

Hair Color:
RED OR AUBURN

Eyes Color:
BLUE

Scars, Marks, Tattoos:

Last Known Address City and State:
AUBURNDALE,FL

Name: David Ceinon Rees Date of Birth: 6/24/1964 Height: 5'10" Weight: 150 lbs Hair: red Eyes: blue
The victim was reported missing by his step-father on 12/26/81. He had been missing for approximately three weeks before he was reported missing. The victim and a friend (Gregory Mitchell - also a missing person) were allegedly going to unload a truck and haven't been seen since. They were possibly traveling to the North Florida area. The victim had a broken top front tooth. The victim went by the first name of Ceinon.
Name: Gregory Robert Mitchell Date of Birth: 11/15/1965 Height: 5'00" Weight: 95 lbs
Hair: sandy blonde Eyes: blue
The victim was reported missing on 12/15/81 by his mother. The victim was last seen on 11/16/81. He was allegedly going to unload a truck with a friend (David Rees - also a missing person). Neither subjects were seen or heard from again. Mitchell and Rees were possibly traveling to the North Florida area.
http://www.polksheriff.org/InsidePCSO/LE/CID/BCI/SVU/MPU/Pages/DavidCeinonRees.aspx

http://www.polksheriff.org/InsidePCSO/LE/CID/BCI/SVU/MPU/Pages/GregoryMitchell.aspx

Name:
REES, DAVID C

Nicknames:

Aliases:

Missing Person Circumstances:

Reporting Agency:
Polk County Sheriff's Office

Agency Case #:

Date of Last Contact:
11/30/1981

Date of Birth:
06/24/1962

Race:
WHITE

Sex:
MALE

Height:
5' 10"

Weight:

Hair Color:
RED OR AUBURN

Eyes Color:
BLUE

Scars, Marks, Tattoos:

Last Known Address City and State:
AUBURNDALE,FL

http://pas.fdle.state.fl.us/pas/person/viewMissingPerson-82831.a

I just got done speaking with Dave Wallace of the Polk County Sheriff's office. He browsed over their casefile summary on Gregory Mitchell, and said that their investigative efforts led them to suspect that he and his accomplice were probably murdered in the Florida Panhandle area, and that he was involved in the drug trade.

He also said that his DNA and dentals have been entered in CODIS and NCIC since the mid-80's. I told him that from my recollection, there was no DNA on the decedent, so there would be no CODIS hit regardless of whether it was him or not. I wasn't sure if the decedent's dentals were in NCIC, but he said if they were, there would have been a NCIC hit on dentals.

He did not have any vital stats info on his summary sheet to verify which height and weight info was correct.

As for photos, they have none in the case file. I said that I checked with the Winter Haven High School Library and he wasn't in the yearbooks. He said that this doesn't surprise him, as he was a known juvenile delinquent from a young age, and probably didn't go to school. (you're right, carbuff!!).

All in all, if their investigative info is correct, this is probably not our guy. But I have no way of knowing how reliable their info is that leads them to believe that he and David Rees were probably murdered in the Florida panhandle.

If Sgt. Hildebrand wants to look further into this though to be 100% certain, they can contact Dave Wallace of the Polk County Sheriff's office. (863) 298-6200 x 1233.
THIS IS CARRIED OVER FROM ANOTHER THREAD WRITTEN BY Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - ID ID - Snake River near Lewiston Wht/HispMale - Found - June 1982
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - ID ID - Snake River near Lewiston Wht/HispMale - Found - June 1982

Wanted to bump this up still hoping and praying for closure for this family whom i love. Please if you know anything at all anything plz let us know
For some reason this has been heavy on my mind today not sure why

Wanted to bump this up still hoping and praying for closure for this family whom i love. Please if you know anything at all anything plz let us know
For some reason this has been heavy on my mind today not sure why

Mel1024:

I know that your focus is on David Rees since you know his family -- but would you be able to get any photos of Greg Mitchell? I am unable to find any photos of him anywhere.

Mel1024:

I know that your focus is on David Rees since you know his family -- but would you be able to get any photos of Greg Mitchell? I am unable to find any photos of him anywhere.

No folks have tried but say there are none
i came here today because 3 human skulls were found in winter lake area

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10