Deceased/Not Found OR - Walter Ackerson, 16, Yachats, 24 March 1990 *T. Culver guilty*

lindsay

Reaction score
Date Of Birth: July 6, 1973
Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'7; 128 lbs
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Blonde hair; blue eyes.
Dentals: He has crooked teeth with gaps between them.

Case Type: Non Family Abduction
DOB: Jul 6, 1973
Missing Date: Mar 24, 1990
Age Now: 32
Missing City: YACHATS
Missing State : OR
Missing Country: United States
Case Number: NCMC738392

Circumstances of Disappearance
Ackerson was last seen by three male companions at Nye Beach in Newport, OR on March 24, 1990.

NCME

Charley Project

Gawd! What a bunch of losers! How could they live with themselves for over 20 years with the lies? And now, 2 of them get to walk away?!!?

I hope God shows them no mercy when their time comes...

Prayers for Walter's Mother. This has to break her heart even more. :(

I don't understand the need to give the two guys a plea deal. All three had confessed. They didn't need the two to testify against the killer. Doesn't make any sense.

I wish they would name the cops that were indifferent about the case. They deserve to have their names in the paper. I wonder if they are still on the force? How do cops get away with doing things like that? Those cops are what give all cops a bad name. They make me sick. To serve and protect...you bet. Those cops didn't care about that poor young boy or his family. It will come back on them someday. If not now it will when they meet their maker face to face.

I lived close to where that job corps was located for about 8 years. These are small, small towns (2000 census 617). Of course I left in '86, before this murder, but I don't think by then they'd grown that much. LOL, guess not! ;)

This town was so small, when I was there in '86, they didn't even have their own police, they used the county sheriff. That would be Lincoln County Sheriff and they probably had their office in Newport, which is about 24 miles north.

With no real evidence, I can see how this was easily passed over. We're not talking fbi here, these are small town police officers. Oh, sure they've had their high profile crimes, but that's when other agencies step in. A possible run-a-way from the job corps wouldn't be unsual.

I recall one time a teenage girl disappeared. She was living with her b/f and he said they got in a tiff and she walked to her mom's. IIRC, it was like 20 miles................she disappeared without a trace, never to be seen again. The end, never heard another word.

I can't even imagine how many of these sorts of cases happen around this country. There are literally thousands of small town just like this, not equipped to handle something like this. If there isn't an OBVIOUS crime, it's more probable than not, it will go unsolved.

I'm glad this family has finally found out what happened to their loved one. It's really too bad the other two are going to skate on this. Sometimes things just don't seem fair.

JMHO
fran

PS....fwiw, the town the job corps was located was Yachats.......pronounced, Yah-hawts. :)
origin......Siletz American Indian language meaning "at the foot of the mountain." It's located on the Oregon Coast on Hwy 101. Gorgeous area

Everytime I read of a runaway teen who hides at her (always older) boyfriend's house and terrifies her family for weeks til she comes home and clears it all up....it sends me into the same fury as false rape accusations....everyone starts getting it in their head that every teen is just rebelling and every woman is being spiteful....oftentimes a missing teen is treated with no care as a runaway and it isnt true....this is what happened to tim miller as just another example.

Poor mom. at least the guy did finally admit it. at least she know now....which is NO consolation at all I am sure.

I agree, why the deal if they all confessed? The one who was convicted was the ONLY one who voluntarily confessed - the other two who got deals only owned up after he'd spilled the story. Not that I have any respect for any of them, but if any of the three "get credit" for owning up, it should be the first one.

Everytime I read of a runaway teen who hides at her (always older) boyfriend's house and terrifies her family for weeks til she comes home and clears it all up....it sends me into the same fury as false rape accusations....everyone starts getting it in their head that every teen is just rebelling and every woman is being spiteful....oftentimes a missing teen is treated with no care as a runaway and it isnt true....this is what happened to tim miller as just another example.

Poor mom. at least the guy did finally admit it. at least she know now....which is NO consolation at all I am sure.

:clap:

Killer's confession caps 20 years of lies
4 July 2010

For a long time, Karen Hull stopped saying she was the mother of a missing child. It was easier not to tell the story. The dreams came less.

For a long time, she didn’t know what happened to Walter in 1990. She knows now.

Walter Thomas Ackerson Jr., an undergrown Puyallup boy of 16, was beaten to death, or close to it. He was 200 miles from home, a student at a federal Job Corps center on the Oregon Coast.

After 20 years of guilt, man sentenced for '90 murder

Troy Culver, tormented by a 20-year-old memory of murder, will have a decade in prison to think about it.

Culver, 40, was indicted in July on charges of murder and manslaughter, stemming from the 1990 killing of 16-year-old Walter Ackerson Jr., a Puyallup teen who had been enrolled at a federal Job Corps center near Newport, Ore.

Culver was sentenced Oct. 12, according to the Oregon Department of Corrections. He pleaded guilty to manslaughter and received a 10-year prison sentence, to be followed by three years of community supervision.

Read more: http://www.bellinghamherald.com/201...ars-of-guilt-man-sentenced.html#ixzz1B2YbXQVc

Walter's body has not been found. He has, however, been removed from NCMEC.

Any update as to whether or not this man's body has been found? Is this confession reliable?

Date Of Birth: July 6, 1973
Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'7; 128 lbs
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Blonde hair; blue eyes.
Dentals: He has crooked teeth with gaps between them.

Case Type: Non Family Abduction
DOB: Jul 6, 1973
Missing Date: Mar 24, 1990
Age Now: 32
Missing City: YACHATS
Missing State : OR
Missing Country: United States
Case Number: NCMC738392

Circumstances of Disappearance
Ackerson was last seen by three male companions at Nye Beach in Newport, OR on March 24, 1990.

NCME

Charley Project
Is it possible that he is Newburyport,MA John Doe 11/28/1992. This poor boy was listed as 11-14, with some estimates up to age 17, 5'6"-5"10", weight unknown- but he had a severely impacted molar and was in need of dental work. DOD: 1987-1992 (Est). I read in an article that said Walter was complaining about his teeth and needed to see a dentist. Is it possible that it was an impacted molar? I think its possible with multiple killers, as was in Walter's case, (and a delayed reporting) it is possible that someone helped them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back