Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Canada - Brenda Duncan, 57, Woodstock Ontario, 11 Jan 2011

http://www.woodstocksentinelreview.c...aspx?e=2932876

Police searching cemetery

Police are searching the McTavish Cemetery in Tavistock this morning after Brenda Duncan's vehicle was found behind a shed there Sunday.

The 57-year-old Woodstock woman has been missing for almost a week.

Reporting from the scene this morning, Sentinel-Review reporter Heather Rivers said police will be doing a "complete grid search" and have cordoned off the cemetery.

"We hope to verify she isn't here and we are hoping to find her alive," said OPP Const. Kees Wijnands. "We are unsure if there are any friends or relatives of hers are buried in this cemetery... they are looking at all the ins and outs."

Police said a citizen found the abandoned vehicle around noon yesterday in the area of County Road 109 Perth-Oxford Line. A burial was supposed to happen at the cemetery yesterday, but was postponed after the discovery of Duncan's vehicle.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Valleyboy For This Useful Post:

No trace of Brenda Duncan as police conclude cemetery search

Police have completed a search of McTavish cemetery in Tavistock and have found no trace of Brenda Duncan. Duncan's vehicle was discovered behind a shed at the cemetery yesterday.

The 57-year-old Woodstock woman has been missing since last Tuesday.

The search has now been expanded to adjacent properties.

Reporting from the scene this morning, QMI Agency reporter Heather Rivers said police will be doing a "complete grid search" and have cordoned off the cemetery.

"We hope to verify she isn't here and we are hoping to find her alive," said OPP Const. Kees Wijnands. "We are unsure if there are any friends or relatives of hers are buried in this cemetery... they are looking at all the ins and outs."

Police said a citizen found the abandoned vehicle around noon yesterday in the area of County Road 109 Perth-Oxford Line. A burial was supposed to happen at the cemetery yesterday, but was postponed after the discovery of Duncan's vehicle.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Valleyboy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Duncan's Car Located

Posted yesterday at 9:34pm by Adam J. Nyp

Praying Brenda is safe and in a warm place. It's been so cold these past two days; I imagine even K-9 searches are affected under these weather conditions.

According to Google maps, it's like 30 minutes drive from Brenda's home.

Made a MAP of the area; there is not much around there

We don't know exactly where her car was located .... ( B ) ONLY indicates where County Road 109 and the Perth-Oxford Line converge.

Link to MAP :
    http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&sourc...90895&t=h&z=14
    Here's a picture of the McTavish Cemetery shed. Looking at Hazel's map of the cemetery and the picture, someone was determined to hide the vehicle if it actually was behind the shed as reported. That's a tight squeeze.

6. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Noddy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Noddy View Post
    Here's a picture of the McTavish Cemetery shed. Looking at Hazel's map of the cemetery and the picture, someone was determined to hide the vehicle if it actually was behind the shed as reported. That's a tight squeeze.

They could have erected a bigger shed here as this is an old picture of vandalism at the site.
    it was the fourth report of vandalism at the cemetery in a month.

A shame people have to stoop so low as to vandaize graveyards.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Valleyboy For This Useful Post:

several photos of OPP searching (at the link)

Police have completed a search of McTavish cemetery in Tavistock and have found no trace of Brenda Duncan. Duncan's vehicle was discovered behind a shed at the cemetery yesterday.

The 57-year-old Woodstock woman has been missing since last Tuesday.

The search has now been expanded to adjacent properties.

Reporting from the scene this morning, QMI Agency reporter Heather Rivers said police will be doing a "complete grid search" and have cordoned off the cemetery.

Rev. David Duncan said his family is waiting to hear news from the search.

"We're waiting to hear word," he said.

Duncan said he was not at liberty to say why his wife may have been at the McTavish cemetery and if anyone she knew was recently buried there.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to dilbert For This Useful Post:

I would like to know if LE was able to match any boot prints found near the vehicle and/or cemetary to those similar to what Brenda was wearing?

Did the area of the cemetary get fresh snow recently?

After looking at all the pictures of LE traipsing through the snow in the graveyard, I do hope that was AFTER a full anaylsis was done of the recovery scene of Brenda's vehicle, if you KWIM?

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:

Oh dear Lord, I am hoping and praying that Brenda went there to find solace at the grave of a loved one. I very often find peace when visiting my family who have passed on.

That said.....I truthfully don't go to gravesites in the bitterly cold winter. I prefer to go in the warmer months.

Let's hope Brenda is found soon and was just visiting a departed loved one.

Perhaps her illness (about which she phoned in sick to work) had something to do with a family member who was buried there. Perhaps Brenda needed to commune with someone who also had a similar illness.
    Seeking justice for Audrey Gleave
    -------------------------------------------
    *ALL POSTS ARE MY OWN OPINIONS UNLESS I GIVE A LINK OR REFER TO OTHERS*
    “The inspiration you seek is already inside you. Be silent and listen." ~ Rumi

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to No_Stone_Unturned For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I would like to know if LE was able to match any boot prints found near the vehicle and/or cemetary to those similar to what Brenda was wearing?

After looking at all the pictures of LE traipsing through the snow in the graveyard, I do hope that was AFTER a full anaylsis was done of the recovery scene of Brenda's vehicle, if you KWIM?
    It was reported on CTV Kitchener news @ noon that there was too much new snow over the weekend to tell how long her vehicle has been at the cemetery.
    Last edited by dilbert; 01-17-2011 at 02:02 PM. Reason: typo

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dilbert For This Useful Post:

I also would like to know about boot prints AND car/truck tracks near where they are searching.

Southern Ontario had snow,snowsqualls last night and early this morning. So, that may have hidden/erased any prints.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to No_Stone_Unturned For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dilbert View Post
    It was reported on CTV Kitchener news @ noon that there was too much new snow over the weekend to tell how long her vehicle has been at the cemetery.
    Too much new snow, meaning no tracks?

Well, that at least tells them that the car was driven there prior to/during the snowfall?

Can a local shed some light on the snowfall amounts for Tavistock for the last few days?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:

The Weather Network reports "zero" precipitation, since the 13th, so, I am presuming that this is not a snowfall measurement.

Historical Weather: Tavistock, ON

Search Results: From January 13 , 2011 to January 16 , 2011 - Kitchener-Waterloo
    Max Temp: -3.3 °C
    Max Temp.Date: Jan.15 2011
    Min temp: -15.4 °C

Min Temp. Date: Jan.16 2011

Precip Accumulation: 0 mm

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/ind...ecode=caon0674

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:

Woodstock had approx. 4 inches of new snow from Fri. night to Saturday afternoon. A light dusting of new snow on Sunday.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dilbert For This Useful Post:

Environment Canada Historical Weather Data for Woodstock, ON, January 2011:

http://www.climate.weatheroffice.gc....tationID=10999

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:

Too much new snow, meaning no tracks?

Well, that at least tells them that the car was driven there prior to/during the snowfall?

Can a local shed some light on the snowfall amounts for Tavistock for the last few days?
    If you look at the photos attached to this article, the snow is well above their ankles, some places close to the tops of their boots. That's all fresh snow.

Last edited by dilbert; 01-17-2011 at 02:21 PM. Reason: typo

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dilbert For This Useful Post:

There was a lot of snow in the Stratford/Tavistock area on the day Brenda disappeared. Here is the radar map. At the bottom you can put in the different dates and click 'snow' and it will show you the precipitation radar map. It shows one day before your submit date.

http://www.climate.weatheroffice.gc....pe=PRECIP_SNOW

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Noddy For This Useful Post:

http://www.woodstocksentinelreview.c...ENTINEL-REVIEW

Reverend David Duncan and his family are waiting for a phone call and have prepared themselves for the fact that when it comes, it may mean devastating news.

"We're still waiting and preparing ourselves for that," he said. "I'm a realist. I realize the phone call could go either way."

Brenda Duncan has been missing since last Tuesday, when she disappeared after calling in sick to work.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dreamweaver For This Useful Post:

http://cd989.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=22427

------------

Oxford County : Police Finish Search of Cemetery, Duncan Still Missing
    Posted by Ashley DeGroote

Police have concluded a thorough search of McTavish cemetery in Tavistock, where 57-year-old missing woman, Brenda Duncan's car was found yesterday afternoon. Woodstock Police Chief Rod Freeman says "there was some personal property found in the vehicle," but he's not able to disclose what those items are. Brenda's husband, Rev. David Duncan says that he is not at liberty to say why his wife may have been at the McTavish cemetery and if anyone she knew was recently buried there. Police are now probing adjacent properties and neighbors in the area.

2011/1/17 13:46:37

-----------

And this article talks about the weather and how it's impacting the police:

http://www.woodstocksentinelreview.c...aspx?e=2933168
    Last edited by No_Stone_Unturned; 01-17-2011 at 03:37 PM.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to No_Stone_Unturned For This Useful Post:

It's clear that the car was there prior to the weekend's snowfall, so no visible tracks. Obviously no body either, which is a good sign.

Duncan said he was not at liberty to say why his wife may have been at the McTavish cemetery and if anyone she knew was recently buried there.
    Hmmm.... Well I guess it's none of the media's business from his point of view, but it sure does sound like he's hiding something.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JayFriend For This Useful Post:

What struck me was ' some personal property in the vehicle, but not able to disclose'

Does that mean maybe a note was left? Suicide note? Hate to even write it, but
    it's what I thought of.
    Maybe a Dear John letter?
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dreamweaver For This Useful Post:

On the "personal property", the police like to be mysterious. Probably to keep the public from sleuthing and getting ahead of the investigation.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JayFriend For This Useful Post:

Interesting comment here on this news site. It's likely just a troll but you never know.

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/2.../16919126.html
    Last edited by jaycee; 01-17-2011 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Not sure if I can post comment

42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jaycee For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JayFriend View Post
    Hmmm.... Well I guess it's none of the media's business from his point of view, but it sure does sound like he's hiding something.
    It's possible the police told him not to say anything.

Quote Originally Posted by JayFriend View Post
    On the "personal property", the police like to be mysterious. Probably to keep the public from sleuthing and getting ahead of the investigation.
    Getting ahead? More like the possibility of compromising the investigation.

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dilbert For This Useful Post:

From the local radio station's website at http://www.1047.ca/local-news

(There's also an interview with Chief of Police Freeman.)

OPP and Woodstock Police have finished searching the McTavish Cemetery in Tavistock for 57 year old Brenda Duncan.

Duncan's car was found behind a shed at the cemetery around the noon hour Sunday by a local resident. (Satellite photo of cemetery courtesy of Google Maps)

Duncan disappeared last Tuesday after calling in sick and has not been seen since.

During an interview this morning Woodstock Police Chief Rod Freeman says "there was some personal property found in the vehicle, but I can't disclose much of that right now - it's still an active investigation and we are keeping our investigation open to all possibilities".

"Until the end of the investigation - when we can make a final determination - I'd rather not speculate or release too much information that might be sensitive".

Police are now probing adjacent properties and neighbors in the area.

Police have not ruled out foul play, nor have they any reason to believe foul play would be suspected.

Meanwhile Duncan's husband, Reverend David Duncan - and his family are waiting patiently in Woodstock for any news from Police of Duncan's whereabouts.

46. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JayFriend For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dilbert View Post
    It's possible the police told him not to say anything.

Getting ahead? More like the possibility of compromising the investigation.
    Getting ahead of their investigation, second-guessing them, compromising it, it's all the same thing. You know what they say, "too many cooks spoil the broth". That's what LE gets the big bucks for. I'm sure they're not happy with the amateur sleuths dissecting their cases here and our posts quickly disappear if we do compromise anything.

48. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JayFriend For This Useful Post:

Timeline of Brenda Duncan's disappearance

Local News

-Police revealed at the press conference that Duncan, a registered nurse, called in sick to her job at the CCAC and did not tell her family about the phone call.

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/Art...aspx?e=2933247

50. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast