Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Do we have any info about the post that speaks about the Woodstock police going to a place called Mt.Mary? I'm wondering if the poster meant Saint Mary's? Saint Mary's is a small town in the Kitchener - Woodstock driving vacinity.

It was a bitterly cold night last night. I'm getting very fearful if Brenda hasn't been located yet.
    Seeking justice for Audrey Gleave
    -------------------------------------------
    *ALL POSTS ARE MY OWN OPINIONS UNLESS I GIVE A LINK OR REFER TO OTHERS*
    “The inspiration you seek is already inside you. Be silent and listen." ~ Rumi

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to No_Stone_Unturned For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by No_Stone_Unturned View Post
    Do we have any info about the post that speaks about the Woodstock police going to a place called Mt.Mary? I'm wondering if the poster meant Saint Mary's? Saint Mary's is a small town in the Kitchener - Woodstock driving vacinity.

It was a bitterly cold night last night. I'm getting very fearful if Brenda hasn't been located yet.
    I looked up Mt Mary in Hamilton and it is a Christian retreat center. http://mountmary.ca/index.shtml
    Wouldn't it be wonderful if that is where she went to "get away". I pray that it is true but since we haven't heard any further info on it, I suspect she was not found there

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rudie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rudie View Post
    I looked up Mt Mary in Hamilton and it is a Christian retreat center. http://mountmary.ca/index.shtml
    Wouldn't it be wonderful if that is where she went to "get away". I pray that it is true but since we haven't heard any further info on it, I suspect she was not found there
    Yes, I also looked it up. It sounds so peaceful and pretty. I pray that she went there for some sort of retreat from the chaos of life. I really hope she's safe.....somewhere. It's now into the sixth day.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to No_Stone_Unturned For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Good point Snoopster!

HOWEVER,

* Police Chief, Rod Freeman, says: " ... she was last seen by her YOUNGEST daughter ..." (around the 00:53 mark) well, that's what I hear, would really appreciate if someone else listens to the video clip, please.http://www.youtube.com/user/HeartFMN.../0/HqxZSq8Yt8E
    Quote Originally Posted by kaas View Post
    It would not be unheard of for the media to get the daughter reference wrong. They heard daughter, did a quick reference and came up with the older daughter's name. Once one media outlet uses that, they all seem to pick it up.
    It would appear that, according to Rev Duncan, it was their 16 yr old daughter who was home ill and the last to see Brenda Duncan.
    Which makes me wonder, if perhaps she called in sick at work thinking she would stay home and care for her daughter who was ill. Checked on her daughter, decided her daughter was not sick enough for her to stay home to care for her and left for work anyway.
    Yes Hazel, I heard the reference on the video to the youngest daughter being the last to see Brenda.
    And good observation kaas. I presume the 16 yo daughter remained in her room since she didn't feel well. Her mom probably stuck her head in her room before she was planning on heading out to tell her to get lots of rest, etc., and then continued to get ready for work (or went through the appearance of getting ready for work).

What happened after that??? Did Brenda call the automated answering service? Did someone else?

Listening to the video again, another point jumped out at me. Why don't they know which coat she wore that day? Isn't one of her coats missing? Wouldn't her family know which coats she generally chose from to go to work?

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Snoopster For This Useful Post:

According to the police video we assume it was Brenda herself that called the automated service that morning. The hours for the Woodstock CCAC are 8:30 - 4:30 Rev Duncan referred to his wife on video that she work shared as a Case Manager. I checked the Caseload designation and it appears she covered the South Oxford West Norfolk County areas. So this would explain why the police were searching these areas.
    As a case manager she would perform home visits and perhaps kept an extra coat in her vehicle which would make it difficult for her family to be certain as to which coat she was wearing that day. To be honest I am not sure my family would be able to pick through my coats and be certain which one was missing.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kaas For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dilbert View Post
    How do you know that? (if you don't mind my asking )
    Heard it on police scanner, call came in around 4:50 yesterday and they gave out description as well as vehicle description, likely acting on a tip. Listened for a while, there was no follow up communication regarding call, so i can only assume there was nothing to report.

Mt Mary is a womans retreat run by the Catholic church, been referred to as a Monastery in the past.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JimmyDean For This Useful Post:

http://www.woodstocksentinelreview.c...aspx?e=2931884

Church prays for Duncan family
    Local news
    By Heather Rivers
    Posted 38 minutes ago

It was a typical, weekly service held under extraordinary circumstances.

During an emotional service the congregation of College Avenue Church gathered Sunday morning to pray, read scriptures and sing hymns dedicated to their pastor, Rev. David Duncan, whose wife Brenda Duncan has been missing since last Tuesday morning.

Church officials said they did not want the details of the service to be published.

College Avenue Church is the same church that Tori Stafford attended with her grandparent at the time of her abduction in 2008.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dilbert For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopster View Post
    Yes Hazel, I heard the reference on the video to the youngest daughter being the last to see Brenda.
    And good observation kaas. I presume the 16 yo daughter remained in her room since she didn't feel well. Her mom probably stuck her head in her room before she was planning on heading out to tell her to get lots of rest, etc., and then continued to get ready for work (or went through the appearance of getting ready for work).

What happened after that??? Did Brenda call the automated answering service? Did someone else?

Listening to the video again, another point jumped out at me. Why don't they know which coat she wore that day? Isn't one of her coats missing? Wouldn't her family know which coats she generally chose from to go to work?

In a news article I read or perhaps in the video, it was noted that Brenda had several coats and no one could be sure which one she was wearing. I am unsure why the red velvet jacket was the one used in her clothing description. I think the description is ''' possibly a red velvet jacket...
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dreamweaver For This Useful Post:

http://www.woodstocksentinelreview.c...aspx?e=2931845

According to this, Brenda was wearing a 'red velvet blazer' which would be worn under a winter coat in January.

----------------------------

No leads on Duncan case
    Local news
    By Carla Garrett
    Posted 4 hours ago

— Police are reporting no activity from a missing Woodstock woman's personal credit cards or cell phone.

Brenda Duncan, 57, has now been missing for more than five days after calling in sick to work Tuesday morning.

Woodstock police Chief Rod Freeman said this morning "the longer we go with no activity… it really diminishes my hope for a positive outcome."

He said a widespread helicopter search Thursday didn't turn up anything to help with the investigation.

Police searched Woodstock and surrounding townships as well as to Port Rowan, where Duncan is known to visit.

"What we need is a citizen or a police officer to find that van," said Freeman. "That will be the break in this case."

He is convinced that when they find the vehicle, they will find Duncan.

Freeman said several calls came in last night after the story aired on TV, but none of the tips have helped to locate Duncan.

Police are still saying there is no evidence of foul play, but Freeman said they will "never close the door to any possibility."

Duncan is described as 5'7, 115 pounds with blue eyes, shoulder length brown hair, possibly wearing a red velvet blazer and black pants. She was driving a red/burgundy 2008 Mazda5 with Ontario plate BCSJ 791.

Anyone with information is asked to call Woodstock police at 519-537-2323.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to No_Stone_Unturned For This Useful Post:

Police are reporting no activity from a missing Woodstock woman's personal credit cards or cell phone.

Brenda Duncan, 57, has now been missing for more than five days after calling in sick to work Tuesday morning.

Woodstock police Chief Rod Freeman said this morning "the longer we go with no activity… it really diminishes my hope for a positive outcome."

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/Art...aspx?e=2931878

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nobodyzgirl For This Useful Post:

Missing woman’s family relies on faith
    Woodstock: The church pastor’s wife not reported seen for nearly one week

By Heather Rivers QMI Agency

Last Updated: January 16, 2011 9:11pm
    WOODSTOCK — Rev. David Duncan and his family are waiting for a phone call and have prepared themselves for the fact that when it comes, it may mean devastating news.

“We’re still waiting and preparing ourselves for that,” he said. “I’m a realist. I realize the phone call could go either way.”

His wife Brenda Duncan has been missing since Tuesday when she disappeared after calling in sick to work.

On Sunday, his congregation at College Avenue Church prayed for the Duncans and for Brenda’s safe return.

David Duncan said throughout his career as a minister he has helped many people in times of crisis and bereavement. They include the family of Tori Stafford, who attended College Avenue Church.

“If we get really bad news, there’s a certain sense my whole life has been preparing me for this,” he said during an interview Sunday.

Duncan stressed the importance of not blaming God for whatever happens. “Nothing can separate us from God’s love. Brenda is not separate from God’s love,” he said. “Don’t turn your back on God.”

Duncan said his family is coping, despite the difficult events of the past week. “We’re coping. It’s hard, but we’re coping,” he said.

He said his comfort comes from his deep faith and the belief that “Jesus Christ is real” and “the promise of Jesus in the Bible is real.

“I have experienced those truths in a profound and deep way.”

He asked the community to continue to support him and his children with their prayers.

“I continue to ask people to keep praying for us and praying for Brenda.”

Police continue to search for Brenda Duncan and the red/burgundy Mazda5 she was driving. Police say there has been no activity on her credit cards or cellphone.

Duncan said he in turn is praying for his congregation and the community, and added he is no stranger to tragedy or grief. Duncan’s sister died during infancy. He also experienced major trauma after his mother broke her back in a fall.

“In this world, you will have trouble,” he said. “Death is a part of life.”

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/2.../16909781.html

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rudie For This Useful Post:

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/Art...edium=facebook

Brenda Duncan's vehicle found near Tavistock

While police still have not located 57-year-old Brenda Duncan, who has been missing for five days, tips have helped police locate her vehicle in the Tavistock area.

According to media reports someone found the vehicle in the area of County Road 109 and the Perth-Oxford Line.

OPP have conducted a K-9 search in the area and are expected to continue in the morning.

24. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to dilbert For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rudie View Post
    Missing woman’s family relies on faith
    Woodstock: The church pastor’s wife not reported seen for nearly one week

By Heather Rivers QMI Agency

Last Updated: January 16, 2011 9:11pm

"Duncan said he in turn is praying for his congregation and the community, and added he is no stranger to tragedy or grief. Duncan’s sister died during infancy. He also experienced major trauma after his mother broke her back in a fall.

“In this world, you will have trouble,” he said. “Death is a part of life.”

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/2.../16909781.html
    I feel so badly for Brenda Duncan and hope she is found safe soon.
    Last edited by kaas; 01-17-2011 at 07:25 AM.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kaas For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dilbert View Post
    http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/Art...edium=facebook

Brenda Duncan's vehicle found near Tavistock

While police still have not located 57-year-old Brenda Duncan, who has been missing for five days, tips have helped police locate her vehicle in the Tavistock area.

According to media reports someone found the vehicle in the area of County Road 109 and the Perth-Oxford Line.

OPP have conducted a K-9 search in the area and are expected to continue in the morning.
    Oh dear, this isn't good I don't think. Last night was the coldest night of this winter so far. I'm deeply afraid for Brenda's well-being.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to No_Stone_Unturned For This Useful Post:

There is a considerable amount of bush in that area for the LE to search. It is sad that her husband is resigned to her "loss".

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kaas For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast