1223 users online (202 members and 1021 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Zodiac Sign Chart

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/n...us-jan-13-2011

So do we stay the same as our old sign or take on new traits?

The word is everything stays the same in Astrology. BUT I think the new sign should be incorporated. I just don't know how to make a 390 degree circle

Any ideas?

Salem

First they take Pluto then they want to change me from a Leo to a Cancer? No thanks, I will stick with what I have always thought I was.

Well, I've never really fit the criteria for a sagittarius, so I have no problem being a scorpio now. It fits me better, LOL.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

The Twitter Snowball Effect, the Zodiac and NPR

Twitter has resounded with the news this week that there's now a 13th sign of the Zodiac, called Ophiuchus. Regardless how you feel about astrology itself, it's easy to demonstrate that the "news" is bunkum — a textbook product of what I call the Twitter Snowball Effect.
    All that happened this week was that some online news editors learned about him, incorrectly thought he was new and turned him into a viral phenomenon. As often happens on Twitter, the first, inaccurate take — "hey, there's a new Zodiac!" — took off, snowballing into an avalanche that buried all attempts to correct it.

more here

http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news...zodiac-and-npr
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

hmmmm I have always been a Taurus...stubborn, bullheaded and the like fit me perfectly...now I am an Aries?
    Nah,,,, I dont think so

I'm so disappointed, mine didn't change. A Leo I remain....

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie09 View Post
    I'm so disappointed, mine didn't change. A Leo I remain....

Same here.Still a Leo...

Thumbs down

I'm not buying it- there's only 6 days to be a Scorpio, and I'd be an Orchius(sp???). Not having it!
    Besides, my loved ones and myself fit their current sign characteristics...
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

My new sign lasts a week. That sounds about right. I wonder when exactly I changed so much.

I am a Libra and those characteristics have always fit me to a tee. Now I am supposed to be an Aries (almost the exact opposite of the Libra). I'm not really that into horoscopes, but have always believed my Libra status fit me very well. Growing up it was always said, in my family, that my Grandmother and brother (being Taurus's were stubborn, and they are). I was known as being the typical Lbra, scales of justice, sense of right vs wrong, need for balance, etc...Plus, the Libra's star stone is the sapphire, can't get much better than that, IMO. Some characteristics of Aries are admirable, but I don't think it fits my personality at all. I don't really understand this change, but will continue my Libra status regardless.

'New' Zodiac dates:

Capricorn: Jan. 20 – Feb. 16
    Aquarius: Feb. 16 – March 11
    Pisces: March 11- April 18
    Aries: April 18 – May 13
    Taurus: May 13 – June 21
    Gemini: June 21 – July 20
    Cancer: July 20 – Aug. 10
    Leo: Aug. 10 – Sept. 16
    Virgo: Sept. 16 – Oct. 30
    Libra: Oct. 30 – Nov. 23
    Scorpio: Nov. 23 – Nov. 29
    Ophiuchus: Nov. 29 – Dec. 17
    Sagittarius: Dec. 17 – Jan. 20

Update:
    Let us be clear, Parke Kunkle’s discovery only addresses sidereal zodiac, that is based on constellations- therefore this change only concerns people in the East. Westerners adhere to tropical zodiac that is fixed to seasons (equinox to equinox). In conclusion, your zodiac sign has not changed.

http://news.mwza.com/tech/new-astrol...igns-2011/832/

Quote Originally Posted by butwhatif? View Post
    'New' Zodiac dates:

Capricorn: Jan. 20 – Feb. 16
    Aquarius: Feb. 16 – March 11
    Pisces: March 11- April 18
    Aries: April 18 – May 13
    Taurus: May 13 – June 21
    Gemini: June 21 – July 20
    Cancer: July 20 – Aug. 10
    Leo: Aug. 10 – Sept. 16
    Virgo: Sept. 16 – Oct. 30
    Libra: Oct. 30 – Nov. 23
    Scorpio: Nov. 23 – Nov. 29
    Ophiuchus: Nov. 29 – Dec. 17
    Sagittarius: Dec. 17 – Jan. 20

Update:
    Let us be clear, Parke Kunkle’s discovery only addresses sidereal zodiac, that is based on constellations- therefore this change only concerns people in the East. Westerners adhere to tropical zodiac that is fixed to seasons (equinox to equinox). In conclusion, your zodiac sign has not changed.

http://news.mwza.com/tech/new-astrol...igns-2011/832/
    The new zodiac list doesn't make sense. For instance people born on Nov. 29th is a Scorpio and Ophiuchus,and people born on Dec. 17th is Ophiuchus and Sagittarius,etc......

I have always been a Capricorn and I don't care who tries to tell me that I am a Sagittarius (sp?).... I am a Capricorn!!

I agree, first they take Pluto (my planet is Saturn) and now they try and make me something other than a Capricorn? Not gonna happen!

Some people are going to suffer a Zodiac identity crisis. Oh, what in the name of the constellations is going on here???

P.S. Leo's rule.....
    "I went to the bank and asked to borrow a cup of money. They said, "What for?". I said, "I'm going to buy some sugar".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast