Why no news? January 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
I was chatting with a friend of mine who knows I am here on WS and she wanted to know why there is no news on Kyron?

:(

I'd love to know the same thing!

Here I am in his forum and I'm completely alone.

Where are you Kyron?

Yes, it's sure been a long time since we've heard from Kaine or Desiree. Is that good (something's in the works and needs to be kept silent) or bad (nothing has moved forward)? Wish we knew...Where are you honey?

I think we all are waiting on TH...she has said NOTHING
everything that can be said has, until we hear from her. Not saying she's guilty, but we haven't heard her side.

I think we all are waiting on TH...she has said NOTHING
everything that can be said has, until we hear from her. Not saying she's guilty, but we haven't heard her side.

I don't know, DP, I am waiting to hear from LE. I don't expect to hear anything from TH. I'm not giving up on LE I still think they have loads of information and will make a timely move. It just has gone on longer than I have ever hoped or expected.

Sadly, simply stated because there is no real "news". I'm hoping we at least hear something from LE in February when Sheriff Staton will, most likely, have to say.....something about what the task force has been doing all these months, if for no other reason than to ask for more funding.

JMO, but I'm thinkin' the letter that went out the Skyline Community about who was there and who was not there that day, may just have opened a large can of worms that needs going through. IMO you will have people saying so and so wasn't there.....because they didn't see them......even perhaps if they were there; and you will have people saying I saw so and so at such and such that day, so they couldn't have been there, even though maybe they were, but they didn't see them; and you will also have people saying things like, well so and so TOLD me they were there, but I saw them at such and such., etc., etc., etc.,. What a mess. JMO

I'm in a Portland hospital with a child (have been since 12/27) and the nurses that I've talked to think the cops have nothing to go on & that's why there's nothing happening. The general consensus around here is that if Terri did it, she did a heckuva good job of hiding Kyron & she's brilliant to be keeping her mouth totally shut.

I personally don't think a lot is going to happen until they find Kyron.

I've also noticed the lack of news in Kyron's case in the past few weeks which definitely explains why whenever I click "New Posts," only one topic from Kyron's board comes up. I remember when this board moved so fast but since it's so quiet now in the media, there isn't anything new to discuss.

When I was reading old posts about Kyron, I read that Kaine and Desiree said that they would do a press conference every Friday. What happened with that? Did that stop a few months ago or just recently?

I don't think Terri is ever going to confess so I think the only way this case is ever going to get to trial, and actually get a conviction, is to find Kyron.

I'm in a Portland hospital with a child (have been since 12/27) and the nurses that I've talked to think the cops have nothing to go on & that's why there's nothing happening. The general consensus around here is that if Terri did it, she did a heckuva good job of hiding Kyron & she's brilliant to be keeping her mouth totally shut.

I personally don't think a lot is going to happen until they find Kyron.

Well, Portland is a big city and I'm sure if you asked around, you can find lots of intelligent people who think the cops are just as brilliant for keeping their mouths totally shut as well. I believe they know exactly what happened and are just waiting for the right moment to arrest her.

I think it's just the holidays and the wintery weather, and I expect things to pick up again soon. We've actually had some news - the fact that the divorce proceedings were postponed.

LE isn't going to tip their hand and say "We're almost ready to make an arrest." They aren't going to let TH (and anyone else) know exactly when they are coming for her/them.

Then there's the whole timing of the Grand Jury thing.

So I believe lots of stuff is going on behind the scenes. I have alot of faith in Law Enforcement actually.

I do as well. True crime followers have been very spoiled by the Sunshine Laws in cases like Caylee Anthony. Just because we don't know every detail of this case does not mean LE knows nothing. Not by a long shot.

I've also noticed the lack of news in Kyron's case in the past few weeks which definitely explains why whenever I click "New Posts," only one topic from Kyron's board comes up. I remember when this board moved so fast but since it's so quiet now in the media, there isn't anything new to discuss.

When I was reading old posts about Kyron, I read that Kaine and Desiree said that they would do a press conference every Friday. What happened with that? Did that stop a few months ago or just recently? I don't think Terri is ever going to confess so I think the only way this case is ever going to get to trial, and actually get a conviction, is to find Kyron.

It seems to me (and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, lol!) that Kaine pizzed off Desiree when she found out info that he was withholding from her about TH (after the emails were released) and we heard from him like once after that, saying basically that she wasn't communicating with him but he was sure they'd come together for the holidays. Then, that never happened. AFAIK, we've never heard from her since. But I may have missed stuff.

Desiree spoke around Christmas, from a Walgreen's in Medford, where she was wrapping gifts to raise money. She and Kaine have not appeared together since the news about how Terri was drunk/passed out several nights a week, as she said she had no idea that Kyron was exposed to that kind of a situation.

I guess LE will have to speak to the finance committee in a few weeks; it would not surprise me if they name Terri a POI, saying that they have basically ruled out other scanrios and are concentrating on her, with or without accomplices. They may have to do this to show some progress.. But I don't see that it would really mean much, as everyone knows she is a POI already. Or maybe they will surprise us and make an arrest, who knows.

I believe they have circumstancial evidence that show TH is involved in Kyron's disappearance but not enough to show she murdered him. I believe they need a body to make charges stick. I believe if they don't find a body, they're going to have to make a decision about charging her with something else or try and make a murder charge stick. I am hoping the February deadline sheds a little light on which direction they are going to proceed but not holding my breath. Did I put "I believe" in front of every sentence?

Dear God, please help us find Kyron!

I believe they have circumstancial evidence that show TH is involved in Kyron's disappearance but not enough to show she murdered him. I believe they need a body to make charges stick. I believe if they don't find a body, they're going to have to make a decision about charging her with something else or try and make a murder charge stick. I am hoping the February deadline sheds a little light on which direction they are going to proceed but not holding my breath. Did I put "I believe" in front of every sentence?

Dear God, please help us find Kyron!

BBM: I believe you did. :blowkiss:

I think there was going to be news, and then the divorce hearing got postponed until March, so no news. Just more sitting and waiting for us, at least.

I do think LE has been doing a lot of things quietly. They're not going tell us every move they make or give away anything for Terri's benefit or for her lawyer to make an issue out of. They are doing their job everyday. I don't think the silence means that nothing is going on, it's just that LE is quietly doing what they need to do.

I do also think there has been more a strain between Desiree and Kaine, and they just spent a first Christimas without Kyron. I don't blame them for not doing a press conference every Friday. They are worn out from Kyron being missing, there's sore feelings between them, and they just need to take care of themselves, not worry about the press and the public.

So with LE, Kaine, and Desiree quiet, there's no news for MSM to report on. We just need to be patient. Some cases go on for ten, twenty, fifty years before someone is brought to justice. This one hasn't even hit a year yet. There's no need to rush to justice here. Terri can stay right where she is, not saying a word for as long as it takes to bring her justice. I have faith that LE knows what they are doing and that justice will someday come for Kyron.

I do wish that they would find him, though. It hurts the most that he's still out there, somewhere, in the cold, waiting to be found...

I think there was going to be news, and then the divorce hearing got postponed until March, so no news. Just more sitting and waiting for us, at least.

I do think LE has been doing a lot of things quietly. They're not going tell us every move they make or give away anything for Terri's benefit or for her lawyer to make an issue out of. They are doing their job everyday. I don't think the silence means that nothing is going on, it's just that LE is quietly doing what they need to do.

I do also think there has been more a strain between Desiree and Kaine, and they just spent a first Christimas without Kyron. I don't blame them for not doing a press conference every Friday. They are worn out from Kyron being missing, there's sore feelings between them, and they just need to take care of themselves, not worry about the press and the public.

So with LE, Kaine, and Desiree quiet, there's no news for MSM to report on. We just need to be patient. Some cases go on for ten, twenty, fifty years before someone is brought to justice. This one hasn't even hit a year yet. There's no need to rush to justice here. Terri can stay right where she is, not saying a word for as long as it takes to bring her justice. I have faith that LE knows what they are doing and that justice will someday come for Kyron.

I do wish that they would find him, though. It hurts the most that he's still out there, somewhere, in the cold, waiting to be found...

I agree, Aedrys. And (above BBM) so true. It breaks my heart, everyday. I can't imagine how poor Desiree holds up at all...

I have Kyron Horman Missing on my FB. The only things posted are pics - no news :(

Mel

I really hope this does not turn out like Haleigh Cummings...missing for two years, no idea where to search for her, her mother just waiting and praying. At least they have some of the likely culprits in jail for a while, but no one is paying the price for this child's (very likely) death. If LE moves ahead with charges unrelated to Kyron (murder for hire, for example) this could happen here...

Well, Portland is a big city and I'm sure if you asked around, you can find lots of intelligent people who think the cops are just as brilliant for keeping their mouths totally shut as well. I believe they know exactly what happened and are just waiting for the right moment to arrest her.

Yes, I'm sure that's true that lots of people think the cops are brilliant. But considering that I'm sitting in a room in Legacy Emanuel Hospital, I can't really go around asking anyone outside of the 3rd floor what they think of anything.

I wasn't saying that the general consensus in Portland as a whole shares this opinion... just a few of the nurses on the 3rd floor who I've talked to about the case. I thought I made that perfectly clear; I'm sorry if you misunderstood.

It is possible that Kyron's "prime" in the media is over and now we're only going to hear about it when there's a big update. It happens with every case that gets media attention eventually; no case gets covered extensively forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie