Identified! NY - Brooklyn, UID Male UP8171, 25-35, Sep'10 - Ignality Smolskiy

tatertot

Reaction score
This man was found resting against a log in woods that were frequented by drug users and the homeless. There's nothing remarkable about his clothing, but he had a card requesting information from the National Guard, which one wouldn't expect a homeless person or drug user to carry. The NamUs report states "his card lists a name of "JEKA" followed by "ROD" or "RCD". The card also lists an email address of "jeka.tkachenko@gmail.com"" The UID's belt buckle also had a letter "J" on it.

No cause of death is given and it's not said whether he actually had drugs in his system. He has a large mark on the left side of his face, although I'm not sure if that's bruising, a lividity pattern or decomposition. I cannot find anyone missing by that name.

**WARNING: POST-MORTEM PHOTO AT LINK**
https://identifyus.org/cases/8171
**WARNING: POST-MORTEM**

Sounds like a Russian name. I did a search on the surname in veromi and over 100 hits for NY. Nothing for that first name, Jeka. I wish we had more information on the business card. I'm wondering if the man was a recent immigrant?

the email address did not necessarily belong to him but it is clearly a Ukranian name. The Brighton Beach area of Brooklyn is heavily Russian.

You would think they would try to issue a subpoena to google to find out what they can about the owner of the email address and whether it is still active, etc. Homeland security might have someone by that name in immigration records, and if so ask a few questions.

it is sort of ironic that a potentially homeless person has someone's email address.

by the way, Jeka might be a nickname. one very common Slavic nickname that drives me crazy is Alexy or Alexi. It can be either male or female.

There is a person with same first and last names listed on a Russian people search website. It says he moved to US in 2001 with an athlete visa, worked at a construction company, changed jobs often, hasn't contacted his family and friends since August 2010, left his belongings at a friend's house. The picture looks similar to the postmortem. (The person on the right)

681744.jpg

http://poisk.vid.ru/?p=10&id=1856764

Hi. I am new here. Can you help me, please? I am helping Ignatiy's mom to get his body back. He is from Uzbekistan and he was only a child in the family.... Also, as a producer, I am shooting the documentary about people from former USSR who are disapparated in the USA. So, I need some interview from some volunteers about their researchers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back