1253 users online (241 members and 1012 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

CO - David Martineau, 42, Palisade, 7 Jan 2011

Updated: 10:47 PM Jan 16, 2011
    Friends concerned and searching for missing Palisade man

PALISADE, Colo. (KKCO)_The Abby and Jennifer Blagg Recovery Foundation is aiding in the search for a missing Palisade man.

David Martineau hasn't been seen since Jan. 7 when he left his Palisade home on foot. The 42–year–old left behind his car, wallet, cell phone and bike according to friends who are searching for him.

He’s described as a white man, six foot tall around 240 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. Martineau is a speech pathologist who moved to Palisade around 6 months ago.

http://www.nbc11news.com/home/headli...113846859.html
    Last edited by Texas Mist; 01-17-2011 at 03:37 PM. Reason: added age & city
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Palisade Family In Search Of Missing Man

A Palisade man goes missing, and his family needs the community's help in finding him.

Family said 42-year-old David Martineau went missing on January 7. It is believed he left on foot from his residence located around First Street and Peach Avenue

http://www.krextv.com/news/around-th...113851144.html
    Last edited by mysticrose; 01-17-2011 at 11:18 AM.
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Missing persons Flyer for David:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars. ~ Unknown

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

David B. Martineau
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Here is a map of Palisade and marked right around where David's residence is:

1st. Street & Peach Ave. palisade, co - Google Maps
    Last edited by KateB; 05-01-2015 at 09:53 PM. Reason: repair url tag.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Just wanted to point out, there is a big mesa nearby. It can be seen from the street view.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Peach+...vH0ecp62Aq90ow
    The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars. ~ Unknown

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

If you open the link to the map and see the bigger picture, it is pretty overwhelming of where he might be. Within less then 30 min walk you could be anywhere here remote, the river, the mountains.
    All the orchards and vineyards in this area are also overwhelming as some are over huge spans of acreage.

1st. Street & Peach Ave. palisade, co - Google Maps
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Quote Originally Posted by SurfieTX View Post
    Just wanted to point out, there is a big mesa nearby. It can be seen from the street view.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Peach+...vH0ecp62Aq90ow
    Yes it is very close. Here is some info and pictures pertaining to that range, what you are seeing in the picture you are pointing out is what we call the bookcliffs. There are at least 2 that I am aware of if not more hiking trails along this mountain. Here is a quick link:

http://www.bookcliff-group.com/Mount-Garfield.html

If you look to the east there is also the Grand Mesa.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Mesa

The photo you see in the link above actually gives a panoramic view of where Mt. Garfield seemingly meets up with the Grand Mesa which is to the right in this photo, Garfield on the left.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

I haven't had much luck in finding a FB or a MS for David maybe someone here might be able to help me out that is more savy lol, I have a hard time with that.

David B. Martineau

DOB: 08/03/1968

I know he moved from the East Coast to Colorado, he was only in Palisade about 6 months before he went missing. I will pull up some info I found on him, as soon as I get a chance....
    He is a Speech Pathologist...

Thanks Mystic
    Last edited by mysticrose; 01-18-2011 at 03:25 PM. Reason: clarify
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

He has such a wonderful smile!
    Praying he is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticrose View Post
    I haven't had much luck in finding a FB or a MS for David maybe someone here might be able to help me out that is more savy lol, I have a hard time with that.

David B. Martineau

DOB: 08/03/1968

I know he moved from the East Coast to Colorado, he was only in Palisade about 6 months before he went missing. I will pull up some info I found on him, as soon as I get a chance....
    He is a Speech Pathologist...

Thanks Mystic
    I would like to know why he moved - was it for personal or professional reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by SurfieTX View Post
    I would like to know why he moved - was it for personal or professional reasons?
    It was for both. He found a job here through the internet, personal reasons would be to my understanding for the skiing, hiking and outdoor rec, that this area has to offer.... That is all I know at this point.

I am local to this case, and I also know David as a friend, I guess I should be verified by Tricia as such.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

I see project jason picked up his story as well, not alot there but its there, YAY !

http://projectjason.org/forums/index.php?topic=10788.0
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Well it has been quiet for David, still a little media showing his face but it is dying down as there is nothing to update for the news.
    When I first learned David was missing I did go seach for him along the river as I know he likes to fish, walked a couple of miles with no sign of him.

I know at this point unless a tip comes in no one will search for him, this is what I am told, but I still plan on doing so wether by myself or some extra people I can round up. I have a few places in mind. I know he is out there, somewhere ......
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast