TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #27

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
Hailey20Dunn-120lr.gif

Hailey is 13 years old. She was heading to stay with a friend on Monday Dec. 27th but never made it. She is 5'1" with hazel eyes and brown hair. She also has pierced ears. She was last seen at 1804 Chestnut, wearing navy blue sweat pants, a light colored T-shirt and pink and white shoes.
Anyone who has seen Hailey contact the Colorado City Police Dept. at 325-128-5294

Thread #1 Thread #2
Thread #3 Thread #4
Thread #5 Thread #6
Thread #7 Thread #8
Thread #9 Thread #10
Thread #11 Thread #12
Thread #13 Thread #14
Thread #15 Thread #16
Thread #17 Thread #18
Thread #19 Thread #20
Thread #21 Thread #22
Thread #23 Thread #24
Thread #25 Thread #26

Media Links
Sar information for Hailey Dunn
Hailey Dunn Facebook/You Tube/MM site

You must read this post and hit the 'thanks' button before you post in this thread.
We do not allow rumors to be posted or perpetuated at WS. No bashing Law Enforcement. Do not post a rumor or respond to a rumor.
Direct quotes and screenshots from social networking sites are not allowed at WS.
You may discuss what is on a social networking site but must include the link. However, do not discuss or link to sites that are private.
Please do not post about other posters. That is a TOS violation because it is rude. It’s like talking behind someone’s back.
The only appropriate way to respond to problematic posts is to hit the alert button. We will then look at the post and handle it asap. Do not respond to a problematic post. That compounds the problem and delays the solution.
We do not allow the posting of personal information about people who have not been named as a POI or suspect by LE or MSM.
You must include a link to where you found the information in your post.
Just because a person is connected to a case doesn't mean we can immediately start using his/her name, even if it is an adult. There is no need to drag innocent people through the mud.
If people start talking to the media about the case then yes, they have decided they want their identity known. Then you can use their names in posts here at WS.
If suspects and family members are talked about in the major media outlets, you can use their names in posts here at WS.
We don't allow name posting of minors’ names, except for Hailey's, of course.
The full WS TOS and "rules" can be found here: The Rules

'Insiders' or "Locals"
Before you post ANY inside information that could help this case PLEASE report it to the police first. Here at Websleuths, we don't care about having "scoops" or "bombshells." We care about the cases, the people involved, and making sure Websleuths is not hindering the investigation by allowing people to post inside information that the police do not have yet.
If you know Hailey or her family and want to post about her, then WS admin needs to talk to you. Please email wsverify@xmission.com
Include:
The case
Your Websleuths name
Your phone number and a good time to call
Your real name.
In the subject line please put which case you are asking to be verified on.
It will all be kept strictly confidential.
Unless what you are saying can be verified by law enforcement and/or the media, it is not considered a "fact" here. You may personally know for 100% certainty that it is true, but unless you are verified and/or can back it up with a link, we do have to consider it to be a rumor. This is not to single anyone out or to ignore information, but to maintain the integrity of a case and keep the best interests of the victims at the forefront.
Please do what is right by the case first before you post anything on Websleuths.
Do not post about private conversations with case players unless the case player is aware that the conversation is going public.
If you are a local or insider and your posts do not include any "inside" information, you do not need to be verified. Please remember, however, that information as simple as what Mom does for a living or where BF works are considered inside information.

Check for professional and locals here...
Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders

Please Continue here...

forbidden, A guilty person might not call in the tips himself, but someone that he has convinced that LE is just "trying to hang me" might. It's happened many times before.

The last thread closed just as I was posting this and didn't want it to be lost.

I don't think so. I'm thinking it's about time for down right FAKE tips to be called in to muck up the investigation, so people can start yelling "LE is ignoring the tips, and they are just determined to hang SA and BD".

If Highway 208 is notorious for lapse in coverage, I think it's an area that needs to be searched. I wouldn't think a guilty person would call in fake tips that draw investigators to the actual area he was in the day Hailey disappeared unless he really likes living on the edge. Red herring?

I don't know how many readers here on Hailey's thread followed the abduction and murder of Canadian 8 year old Victoria Stafford on her way home from school in 2009, but I have to say, that there are some parallels to Hailey's case.

-Victoria's mother was extremely unemotional, she had press conferences everyday, and her behaviour was not what the general public "thought" it should be. Along with Victoria's mother, the mother's boyfriend and also her best friend were top POI's the entire investigation.

-Some of the people around Victoria were involved with drugs, including Oxycontin.

-While LE had great difficulty ruling out family members, they also ran a parallel investigation, and did make 2 arrests (1 conviction to date), and, despite the appearance of guilt, Victoria's family was innocent.

So, while the appearance, actions, history and circumstance of Billie and Shawn may extremely suspect, leaving little room for doubt, it would be best if everyone take note of the fact that things can seem suspicious and mean nothing at all to the case.

forbidden, A guilty person might not call in the tips himself, but someone that he has convinced that LE is just "trying to hang me" might. It's happened many times before.

I don't doubt that at all. Just trying to make a connection between no pings from SA for period of time and no coverage on 208 (per a local) and a sighting tip on 208. Has any portion of Highway 208 or close to it been searched? If not, I think it should be.

Did anyone see the Breaking News from NG,They got a hit on the dump. I wonder if it is old news.

I rarely post bc this thread moves so fast but I sure love this site! Just had to say it!!! :)

Most of 208 in the Dunn/C-City area has been searched at least by local search parties and I have seen activity by some LE searching that area also. Not sure how much of it has been officially searched.

I don't doubt that at all. Just trying to make a connection between no pings from SA for period of time and no coverage on 208 (per a local) and a sighting tip on 208. Has any portion of Highway 208 or close to it been searched? If not, I think it should be.

But I thought the tip was that she was seen "in a vehicle". The vehicle needs to be found....I dont think searching the land around 208 would be relevant, if the tipster states they just seen her in a vehicle.... IMHO

Did anyone see the Breaking News from NG,They got a hit on the dump. I wonder if it is old news.

Did LE ever confirm that there was no hit at the dump? I know they said they didn't find anything/her, but did they come out and say 'no hit' as well?

I just don't understand why they haven't executed a warrant to search SA's mother's house/land. I just can't get past the missing memory cards from those wildlife cameras. Surely they have sufficient evidence that he has come and go rights at her place... :confused:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #26
(Bringing this post over from tehcloser)
Shortly after 10:00 a.m. Monday, law enforcement in Scurry County was on the lookout for a vehicle carrying someone a witness believed to be Hailey. The initial tip was given to authorities in Mitchell County. Numerous officers searched up and down Highway 208 and were unable to locate the vehicle matching the description.

I would like to know the description of the vehicle........

But I thought the tip was that she was seen "in a vehicle". The vehicle needs to be found....I dont think searching the land around 208 would be relevant, if the tipster states they just seen her in a vehicle.... IMHO

More info, was the vehicle moving, parked?

What I see as a problem with the whole polygraphs, and SA & BD is Billie claims to have lost faith in polygraphs, she said recently if LE couldn't rule Shawn out then she didn't want him staying with her. On the surface that seems great.

But after I've been thinking about it for awhile, I have come to the conclusion she only told him to go for APPEARENCES sake, as she maintained some form of communication up until very very recently and constantly says "until it's cleared up." WTH does that mean?

IMO partners in crime often separate after the crime.

all IMO

Looks like the tipster decided it was an older lady. I personally don't think we're searching for a live Hailey, but that's just one of my theories. Seems like Highway 208 is being thrown out as a red herring. But why? Is Hailey around there or does the perp want all the officers on 208 because it's far from where she really is?

I was thinking about this last night, but why don't they publish a picture of BD's car, the one SA was using, to see if it may trigger the public's memory of if they saw it that day Hailey went missing?

ETA: Sadly I know it brings in false tips, but there could be the one tip that pans out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46