NY - Feds going after child *advertiser censored* offenders' assets for restitution

Missizzy

Reaction score
Very exciting news!! Let's hope this takes hold in every district.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2011/01/federal_prosecutors_in_new_yor.html

Federal prosecutors in New York get child *advertiser censored* restitution

"Federal prosecutors intent on stemming child *advertiser censored* and helping care for its victims are increasingly going after the assets of offenders under an evolving change in Justice Department policy.

In one of the most recent cases, a former provost marshal at the U.S. Army's sprawling Fort Drum in northern New York was sentenced to almost six years in prison for possessing and sharing child *advertiser censored* and will soon pay $10,000 each to two victims identified from among more than 700 images of children he had.

The payments are meant to deter sharing images of exploited children and to help pay for their later psychiatric or other treatment...."

and

"..."We're getting more and more people with hands-on offenses and more and more people trying to meet underage kids," [Assistant US Attorney, Lisa] Fletcher said.

According to the Justice Department, its project against exploitation of minors has increased prosecutions 40 percent since 2006, with 2,315 indictments filed against 2,427 defendants in 2009 and almost 9,000 charged altogether over four years. More than 3,000 victims of child *advertiser censored* crimes were identified, with many rescued...."

and

"...."These are crime scene photos. This has nothing whatever to do with free speech. It's not *advertiser censored* at all," said Ernie Allen, president of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. "This is a problem that has absolutely exploded with the advent of the Internet...."

more at link (very interesting statistics and details)

The stats for this crime are mind-boggling, aren't they?

It really creeps me out - because I can't stop believing that there's people that I know that look at CP....not that I have any inkling of who they might be, it's just that it's so pervasive I think I'd be naive to think that no one I know, even casually, could possibly do this, IYKWIM.

And I totally agree w/ Mr. Allen - it's not *advertiser censored*....surely there's a more appropriate term for this sexual exploitation of children.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back