GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubby

fly the W!
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Copied from thread 5:

REMEMBER, please: disagree, but don't bicker for the sake of it; attack the post if need be, but never the poster; maintain your sense of decorum; and PLEASE use restraint in referring to those who have not been named as suspects.
---
X Wondering who these people being discussed are, in terms of case context? Or to what the initials being used refer? See Destroyer's excellent post from thread 3, here:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased UK - Joanna Yeates, Clifton, Bristol, 17 December 2010 - #3

X Also, PhillB has done an excellent map of the area in question; it can be referred to here:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased UK - Joanna Yeates, Clifton, Bristol, 17 December 2010 - #3

Terrific discussion and sleuthing so far - an incredible amount of work has been done by a good many talented WSers. Welcome to those new to the case! Excellent links to information from media abound on the first five threads; familiarizing yourself with the case will enhance your understanding of the discussion on this, its sixth thread.

LINKS TO PREVIOUS THREADS

Websleuths TOS - The Rules

---------
NOTE FROM MODS

If you see a post that violates the TOS - you need to report it by hitting the little red triangle in the upper right corner of the post. If you respond to the post, you will be held accountable as having broken the TOS.

Read the rules and know them. This is a moderated forum and we don't do ugly here.

posted by wfgodot

Thanks, Cubby, for the new thread.

The Artist Formerly Known as "Oi, Time for a New Thread, Save Your Gems for a Bit and We'll Have One Shortly," wfgodot, has had a sinus infection these last several days. But I'm back, not well but back. Heroic ol' wfgodot! Not!

It's past time that I post my praise for the excellent discourse prevalent on this thread. It's amazing. And new members keep joining, and their comments are terrific, too, to put it mildly. I'd say that about 90% of those now posting here have joined WS specifically to talk about this case. Have I used the word "amazing" yet? Yes, I did.

But it is. One just doesn't find the likes, so many posters from the UK - it's a unique situation, and a great one - albeit one filled with sorrow for Joanna's death and tension about the unresolved status of the investigation.

Let's solve this thing already!

Hi 'wfgodot' , weve missed you :) - glad you are back !! As you can see weve been very busy in your absense.

Hi 'wfgodot' , weve missed you :) - glad you are back !! As you can see weve been very busy in your absense.

Hi wfgodot, I'm glad you are back too and hope you are on the mend now.

Regarding the Martin Blunt statement "Is there discord with the police and JY parents" I think this is blindingly obvious. For Mr & Mrs Y to read a scripted statement and add thier own words to it albeit only a few as far as we know, is a huge cry for help. They are obviously devoted parents and completely racked with grief but held themselves together to get their appeal over to the public as clearly as humanly possible.

You can see their disappointment that no-one as been caught as yet and in a desperate plead they add a few words. Who could blame them, how on earth did they cope, they are certainly very couragous and determined. Hopefully the fact that they have shown to the police that they can have a little of their own feelings in the statement, this will spur the police on. I do also feel that the psychological profiler had a hand in this statement in one or two of the sentances: -

David and Theresa Yeates urged anyone who knew somebody who had reacted strangely to the murder to come forward and if some had become reclusive or louder than usual.

Mr and Mrs Y or someone reading this on their behalf, You are in our prayers and thoughts and if any of us are confident to know who did it - it would get reported the A & S police without fail. Until we have enough information to go on we will keep no stone unturned.

Back to what i was getting at last night regarding the guy who appears in front of Jo in Bargain Booze when she enters the shop, there must be soo much CCTV the LE have but are not disclosing.

If the killer was in the same shops as Jo, i would be very worried imo.

5365437886_e0f7bd648d.jpg

Also isnt it so strange she never put the 'Pizza' in a carrier bag ?? Or would that of been because she wanted to keep it flat or was she going to place it on her lap i.e 'sitting in a car' ??

5364782393_ce2ef73ffb.jpg

You can watch the CCTV here -

Jo at Tesco

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...nna-Yeates-on-the-night-she-went-missing.html

Jo at Bargain Booze

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...ase-CCTV-of-Joanna-Yeates-in-off-licence.html

++ Latest Family Appeal ++

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...ates-parents-make-appeal-for-information.html

OMG the person in Tesco in front of her has black hat and coat same as person in BB.

OMG the person in Tesco in front of her has black hat and coat same as person in BB.
The one in Tesco is wearing a "beanie", the one at BB (from the very little we can see) looks to have dark hair and has a hood down. But I'm not at all visual, so I'll leave it to the experts!

Regardless of whether we approve or not of the police decision to omit one sentence from the transcript of the Yeates' statement, are we all agreed that the fact of this omission proves that the police are practically certain they are not dealing with a serial killer or with the kind of murderer who is at all likely to strike again in the near future ?
I cannot see any reasonable alternative explanation myself. And yet, how would they be able to exclude this possibility if they had not a pretty clear of who the murderer is and why he killed ?
I wonder if we are not in a situation in which the police are either almost sure or even completely sure of the murderer's identity, but are patiently collecting every last drop of corroborative evidence before pouncing, in order to be sure of securing a conviction.

Regardless of whether we approve or not of the police decision to omit one sentence from the transcript of the Yeates' statement, are we all agreed that the fact of this omission proves that the police are practically certain they are not dealing with a serial killer or with the kind of murderer who is at all likely to strike again in the near future ?
I cannot see any reasonable alternative explanation myself. And yet, how would they be able to exclude this possibility if they had not a pretty clear of who the murderer is and why he killed ?
I wonder if we are not in a situation in which the police are either almost sure or even completely sure of the murderer's identity, but are patiently collecting every last drop of corroborative evidence before pouncing, in order to be sure of securing a conviction.

That is what I really, really want to believe. The police must be 110% certain that this is not a serial killer- if there was a scintilla of doubt about that, then warnings would be plastered all over Bristol, broadcast daily in the media, etc.

Where my doubts lie is in the strength of their evidence against the person they "know" did it. (Hopefully some lessons have been learned from past debacles, and they have identified the real killer)

We are now getting to the stage where they have gathered all the evidence they are ever likely to get, short of a confession. So the police are at "make your mind up" time, if my analysis is correct. I expect someone to be charged very soon. If not, we are rapidly entering cold case territory, I'm afraid.

Oh & btw, as i already pointed out earlier Jo is not wearing UG Boots, you can see in the reconstruction pics when she leaves Tesco she was wearing Black Leather boots.

familyunite.jpg

I hope the murderer is watching this !!! Were gonna get you !!!

They just look devastated. I can't imagine their pain. I really pray that there is a solid arrest soon. No parent should be going through what they have been through.

They just look devastated. I can't imagine their pain. I really pray that there is a solid arrest soon. No parent should be going through what they have been through.

As a parent myself, seeing them so broken brings me to tears. I just don't know how one moves on from something so devastating. God bless them. Let's keep on digging.

Here is a goodshot of the actress playing 'Jo' in the Crimewatch reconstruction -

jorecon.jpg

note the tight faded jeans & fitted leather boots, theres no-way Jo would of been able to wear ski socks inside those, therefore she must of changed at some point ???

Could someone please verify this time line?

8pm: leaves The Ram
8.10: Waitrose
8.20: Bargain Booze
8.20: texts MW
8.30: calls RS
8.40:Tesco Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online