FL FL - Russell Walker, 50, Pompano Beach, 5 Jan 2011

Very strange - I wonder why it took so long to find him - unless he was on vacation I would think someone would check on him when he did not report to work. Too bad the article was so brief.

BSO seeks help solving murder of pilot found in Pompano home

Walker's neighbor, Sandra Przecha, said his work required Walker to often be out of town. He was thinking of moving to California, where his girlfriend and mother live, she said. He also wanted to start renting out his Pompano Beach home, where he apparently lived alone, she said.

Przecha said she and her family met Walker after her family moved in November to the small residential neighborhood, northwest of East McNab Road and U.S. 1. Przecha's husband and Walker spoke of going fishing together one day, she said.

"It's very upsetting that this could happen to him," she said.

Citing its open investigation, the Sheriff's Office has not provided additional details about the circumstances of Walker's death.

On Tuesday, several people were inside Walker's home. A sheriff's deputy also at the house said none of them would be interviewed.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/br...rican-airlines-pilot-20110118,0,6390280.story

Thanks for the update Fran...I don't get it....there is so little info out there about this murder. And I wonder why none of the people at his house Tuesday would not be interviewed by LE...they must have info leading them elsewhere?

Thanks for the update Fran...I don't get it....there is so little info out there about this murder. And I wonder why none of the people at his house Tuesday would not be interviewed by LE...they must have info leading them elsewhere?

I believe all there that particular day were either LE or relatives who were looking through the home and telling LE if there was anything out of order or 'different.' I think that's why LE said they would not be interviewed.

Part of the investigation. Seriously, I'm glad they're holding their cards to the vest, at least for now. I've watched too many cases here in the past few years, that some of the evidence would have been better held back,......at least until they had no other options............. or trial.

JMHO
fran

I lived in Pompano Beach for a year, and it seems like the Broward County Sheriffs Office does keep very quiet about cases while they investigate. I used to watch the news and see all kinds of reports out of Miami PD, but very little about what was going on with County LE. The other towns in Broward are, of course, smaller with much less crime than Miami, but I also think they just handle cases in a much more tight-lipped manner than other departments.

That said...this is really mysterious!

Thanks for the link Inquisitive1 and Welcome to Websleuths!

I find it so odd that both of these AA employees were murdered in the state of Florida, in such a short space of time. I think it's such a coincidence. It doesn't seem like the two are connected from the little information we have but it still strikes me as strange.

This article states that as of Feb. 24th this guy was just being questioned in Walker's murder. Am wondering whatever came of the questioning?

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/br...workers-death-update-20110224,0,6557994.story

from the above link:

"Meanwhile, the Broward Sheriff's Office is investigating the murder of Russell C. Walker, 50, an American Airlines pilot found dead inside his Pompano Beach home on Jan. 14, a week before Fuentes was found.

The Sheriff's Office on Thursday said Rodriguez did not appear to be linked to Walker's case. "At this point, Joel Rodriguez is not a suspect in the murder of Russell Walker," Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Dani Moschella said.

Walker was found slain at about 10 p.m. in the 700 block of Southeast Seventh Avenue. Deputies had gone to Walker's home to check on him after nobody had seen or spoken to him in about a week.

Walker's brother, John Genzale, said Thursday that the Sheriff's Office also told him his brother's slaying seemed unrelated to the one in Miami-Dade.

"We haven't been told of any connection," Genzale said. "I've asked specifically about it.""

It appears he was wanted for questioning according to the U.S. Marshal's Service however is not a suspect according to the Sheriff's Office. MOO

Hello, all. Russ is ... was my friend. We lost touch, I googled his name and learned of his murder. Since then I done little other than try to find answers. Do any of you know something specific? Everything seems to be lingering in shades of gray ... Appreciate the concern. Russ Walker was a good man. ~n

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4
Back