Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Moors Murderers

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh
    Hi Emma, I saw it too and feel the same, every time the flashed up a picture of those poor children !!
    Worst than Myra I thought was Brady's statement to his shrink, "You want to know where they are, I know where they are, and I'm not telling, I've won"
    Time for an assisted suicide methinks.
    I keep thinking that somehow with the technology available to us (just watch things like Time Team) where they can discover outlines and traces of graves from 1000's of years ago we could somehow help Keiths Mother find her poor little boy.
    Oh, but just think how WE could get him to talk if given a little time alone with him. I would stoop low in order to make him divulge his knowledge. Sorry, but it's true.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to s_finch For This Useful Post:

HBO teledoc

for anyone interested in this case, HBO is currently showing a teledocumentary on it called "Longford".

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to enigma For This Useful Post:

Moors victim mother's Brady plea

LE are no longer going to search for poor Keith Bennett:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/8127883.stm

I saw on BBC's One Show on Friday night, however, that Martina Cole is keen to rally support & funding so that the search can continue.
    'Curiosity is, in great and generous minds, the first passion and the last.' Dr Samuel Johnson

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kitbits For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by kitbits View Post
    LE are no longer going to search for poor Keith Bennett:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/8127883.stm

I saw on BBC's One Show on Friday night, however, that Martina Cole is keen to rally support & funding so that the search can continue.
    Keith's mother said, "He knows where he is and won't tell anyone." But I know both Hindley and Brady were taken out to the moors to search for victims because that's how they found Pauline Reade. The problem with the moors is that the ground moves and changes and what was in one place 45 years ago may not be there anymore.

Maybe Brady is keeping the location a secret as one last thing he can hold to himself? He's been on a hunger strike for years and is fed through a feeding tube. (Why bother? Let him go.) I think it's grandstanding otherwise, why doesn't he just kill himself? He has expressed no desire to get out of prison (because he knows he never will), so that's the only thing I can think of. If he does know, it's one las big "screw you" to the system. I feel for Keith's mother as I fear she will never find her son to bury him.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HesterMofet For This Useful Post:

FWIW, they should make a deal with him-lead them to Keith's body and when it is recovered, they will disconnect the feeding tube.

Win Win...jmo
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

that wouldn't work believe. as per his statement as long as he never tells them where keith's body is...he's won. that is one sick @#%^
    if he were to die he would still die thinking as long as no body he's won.
    we need to encourage harder sentencing on those that are harming our children. our children are worth it!!

stop the circus!! these children as all children deserve to be found and justice brought forth for what has happened to them!!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to athy For This Useful Post:

Its heartbreaking to see Keiths mother still waiting all these years later. I fear she'll never find her son too.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to missacorah For This Useful Post:

This case is so heartbreaking and Frustrating that the LE where he is being held have to honor his "rights" more than any right his victims have had.

There are so few cases of couple killings where the woman seems to have been an equal participant in the killings. I tend to believe that she was a willing participant.

The movie Longford was quite chilling, it did seem to slant to sympathy for Hindley...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to J. Brannagh For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by athy View Post
    that wouldn't work believe. as per his statement as long as he never tells them where keith's body is...he's won. that is one sick @#%^
    if he were to die he would still die thinking as long as no body he's won.
    I know-Ted Bundy had the same philosophy. Somehow this made him powerful. I suspect if the search was given up for the little boy and the mom stopped begging to know, he would quickly start making noises about it...after all it must be mighty unpleasant to be living your life being force fed like an animal waiting to be slaughtered...talk about emasculating!!! And if people are no longer interested in your or your handiwork, well then he would likely stir the pot.

JMO.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

This has always been one of the most horrible, yet fascinating cases I have ever read. Are any of you aware that Ian Brady wrote a book entitled, "The Gates of Janus"? I bought it, started to read it in the hopes that I could learn something. Alas, it was, to me, boring clap trap from a sick mind. However, it's been years and I might give it another go. If any of you have the chance, give it a read and see what you think.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackwatch For This Useful Post:

I think that the "Criminal Justice System" in the UK stinks. I am afraid to say that I feel quite ashamed to be English.
    O/T but do you hear about our MPs expenses in the US/Canada etc?
    Highly paid MPs claiming for everything from Adult films to Moats and Duck Houses
    Last edited by badhorsie; 07-06-2009 at 06:34 PM. Reason: spelling errors

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to badhorsie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwatch View Post
    This has always been one of the most horrible, yet fascinating cases I have ever read. Are any of you aware that Ian Brady wrote a book entitled, "The Gates of Janus"? I bought it, started to read it in the hopes that I could learn something. Alas, it was, to me, boring clap trap from a sick mind. However, it's been years and I might give it another go. If any of you have the chance, give it a read and see what you think.
    I read it when it came out and thought it was interesting if only to give you insight into his mind. There were definitely a lot of "things not said."

24. The Following User Says Thank You to HesterMofet For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by J. Brannagh View Post
    This case is so heartbreaking and Frustrating that the LE where he is being held have to honor his "rights" more than any right his victims have had.

There are so few cases of couple killings where the woman seems to have been an equal participant in the killings. I tend to believe that she was a willing participant.

The movie Longford was quite chilling, it did seem to slant to sympathy for Hindley...

At the trial, she fully accepted her part in it. She said that whatever Brady had done, she had done as well. Most of the time you hear the woman trying to say she was abused, but she did not.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HesterMofet For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HesterMofet View Post
    At the trial, she fully accepted her part in it. She said that whatever Brady had done, she had done as well. Most of the time you hear the woman trying to say she was abused, but she did not.
    Until later, anyway. What did her in with her claims was the sound of her voice on the tapes while the children were being murdered, right?

Yet, somehow, Karla Holmolka was able to use a similar argument to get herself a wrist slap in spite of being videotaped actively participating in the torture/assaults of the girls in Canada.

All of it is head shakin.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

i agree that he's not telling because it gives him control over the situation.

she went back & forth on her participation...first she said she was willing, then she said she wasn't and then she finally admitted she was, which was a disappointing blow to longford...he really wanted to have faith in her.

yeah, even the homeless have fewer human rights than he & any other criminal & i think that's true in America, as well as the UK.

it's shameful & disgusting.

i feel so, so bad for Keith's mum...
    'Curiosity is, in great and generous minds, the first passion and the last.' Dr Samuel Johnson

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kitbits For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast