Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Moors Murderers

I think that the "Criminal Justice System" in the UK stinks. I am afraid to say that I feel quite ashamed to be English.
    O/T but do you hear about our MPs expenses in the US/Canada etc?
    Highly paid MPs claiming for everything from Adult films to Moats and Duck Houses
    Last edited by badhorsie; 07-06-2009 at 06:34 PM. Reason: spelling errors

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to badhorsie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwatch View Post
    This has always been one of the most horrible, yet fascinating cases I have ever read. Are any of you aware that Ian Brady wrote a book entitled, "The Gates of Janus"? I bought it, started to read it in the hopes that I could learn something. Alas, it was, to me, boring clap trap from a sick mind. However, it's been years and I might give it another go. If any of you have the chance, give it a read and see what you think.
    I read it when it came out and thought it was interesting if only to give you insight into his mind. There were definitely a lot of "things not said."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HesterMofet For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by J. Brannagh View Post
    This case is so heartbreaking and Frustrating that the LE where he is being held have to honor his "rights" more than any right his victims have had.

There are so few cases of couple killings where the woman seems to have been an equal participant in the killings. I tend to believe that she was a willing participant.

The movie Longford was quite chilling, it did seem to slant to sympathy for Hindley...

At the trial, she fully accepted her part in it. She said that whatever Brady had done, she had done as well. Most of the time you hear the woman trying to say she was abused, but she did not.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HesterMofet For This Useful Post:

believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    Quote Originally Posted by HesterMofet View Post
    At the trial, she fully accepted her part in it. She said that whatever Brady had done, she had done as well. Most of the time you hear the woman trying to say she was abused, but she did not.
    Until later, anyway. What did her in with her claims was the sound of her voice on the tapes while the children were being murdered, right?

Yet, somehow, Karla Holmolka was able to use a similar argument to get herself a wrist slap in spite of being videotaped actively participating in the torture/assaults of the girls in Canada.

All of it is head shakin.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

i agree that he's not telling because it gives him control over the situation.

she went back & forth on her participation...first she said she was willing, then she said she wasn't and then she finally admitted she was, which was a disappointing blow to longford...he really wanted to have faith in her.

yeah, even the homeless have fewer human rights than he & any other criminal & i think that's true in America, as well as the UK.

it's shameful & disgusting.

i feel so, so bad for Keith's mum...
    'Curiosity is, in great and generous minds, the first passion and the last.' Dr Samuel Johnson

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kitbits For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    Until later, anyway. What did her in with her claims was the sound of her voice on the tapes while the children were being murdered, right?

Yet, somehow, Karla Holmolka was able to use a similar argument to get herself a wrist slap in spite of being videotaped actively participating in the torture/assaults of the girls in Canada.

All of it is head shakin.
    Her voice was on the tape of the murder of Lesley Ann Downey, along with photos that were found in a locker in a train station.

Homolka got away with it because she claimed abuse. At least at the time of trial, Hindley made no such claim. Funny, both Homolka and Charlene Gallego claimed abuse and got away with murder, Hindley admitted it and was jailed until her death 25+ years later. I get pummeled on here every time I say this, but I honestly don't believe any of these women would be dangerous on their own. Gallego was released from prison in 1997 and hasn't made any headlines and I am sure if she was involved in anything else, it would have been all over the newspapers. The men in all three cases had proved themselves violent prior to hooking up with the women.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to HesterMofet For This Useful Post:

Moors victim Keith Bennett remembered in Manchester

'Curiosity is, in great and generous minds, the first passion and the last.' Dr Samuel Johnson

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kitbits For This Useful Post:

Cue up the Smiths's haunting, dedicatory 'Suffer Little Children': "Oh Manchester, so much to answer for...."

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhiU5zBEW1M[/ame]
    Last edited by wfgodot; 03-05-2010 at 12:31 PM.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Cue up the Smiths's haunting, dedicatory 'Suffer Little Children': "Oh Manchester, so much to answer for...."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhiU5zBEW1M
    Thanks for that wfgo....
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

Something I found interesting Myra was friends with Rosemary West in prison.
    I cant believe they put in the same prison in the first place and then to allow a friendship.........you really do wonder though what conversations they had!!!!!
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to VespaElf For This Useful Post:

Angry

On the News tonight, Keith Bennet's mother was at a cathedral service in honour of her son. After all these years, this lady could barely speak through her tears.
    Why doesn't Brady just say where her boy is?

He is a sad excuse for a human being.

It was heart wrenching to see her

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to badhorsie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by badhorsie View Post
    On the News tonight, Keith Bennet's mother was at a cathedral service in honour of her son. After all these years, this lady could barely speak through her tears.
    Why doesn't Brady just say where her boy is?

He is a sad excuse for a human being.

It was heart wrenching to see her
    Mail Online had an article on the cathedral service; lots of affecting pictures:

Mother's tearful tribute to Moors victim Keith Bennett at service held 45 years after his murder

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ed-killed.html

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VespaElf View Post
    Something I found interesting Myra was friends with Rosemary West in prison.
    I cant believe they put in the same prison in the first place and then to allow a friendship.........you really do wonder though what conversations they had!!!!!
    gah...somehow I am not surprised.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to kitbits For This Useful Post:

Whilst rummaging around on YouTube the other day, I came across this somewhat eerie, unsettling item:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0oibs_nkPA&feature=related[/ame]

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HesterMofet View Post
    I beg to differ, at her trial she pleaded NOT GUILTY, they both did, furthermore she claimed she was just a bystander and that she had been abused and coerced by Brady into going along with the crimes. She did not admit her full guilt and complicity in these horrendous crimes until 1987 - more than 20 years after she was convicted - and only then because she thought it would get her paroled. It may not make me a very charitable person but it is of IMMENSE satisfaction to me that she died while still a prisoner, I actually cheered out loud the day her death was announced.
    Last edited by NancyA; 03-26-2011 at 08:29 AM.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NancyA For This Useful Post:

'Tell me where my son is buried': Dying mother's DVD plea to Moors murderer Ian Brady
    ---
    'I'm doing it in the hope he will respond – that’s if he watches it,' Mrs Johnson, from Longsight, Manchester, told The People.
    'The most important thing is to find Keith before the cancer beats me.'He knows where Keith is but I think he enjoys having that last bit of power – and if I find Keith he’ll have nothing left.

Mrs Johnson says she has sent hundreds of letter to Brady over the years asking him the same question, and doesn't hold out any realistic hope that he will now talk.

That's why friends of the family are raising funds - via the website www.findingkeith.com - for a fresh search of the moors later this year.
    More at Sunday Mail link above.

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

so so sad

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to silversurvivor For This Useful Post:

That ****** Ian Brady just accosted a Nurse in his psych ward or something like that. I'll link.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...son-nurse.html

Brady threatened a 51 year old Nurse with a jug which left her shaken. Police are to question him. What are they going to do arrest him?
    Last edited by Filly; 08-26-2011 at 05:11 AM.

36. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Filly For This Useful Post:

McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    He's in for life and there's no death penalty so maybe they'll make him eat cold cereal for breakfast.
    This is my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to STANDREID For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by STANDREID View Post
    He's in for life and there's no death penalty so maybe they'll make him eat cold cereal for breakfast.
    I guess he never got to go through with his hunger strike.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Filly For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Whilst rummaging around on YouTube the other day, I came across this somewhat eerie, unsettling item:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0oib...eature=related
    May I just say for the record that is some eerie sheet is right.

42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Filly For This Useful Post:

Truth serum comes to mind. This mother has spent far to many years searching for her son. Sorry all that must sound harsh but dang this woman has never given up

44. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Allusonz For This Useful Post:

Brady probably doesn't know where Keith is buried. All that gloating about how he knows and he won't tell is just the kind of sick mind game his type would play, I doubt he could find his ass with both hands at this stage, let alone a spot where he buried someone 45 years ago.

Ignore him, I say. Carry on the search by other means and completely ignore that sick a**hole. If he does know something, he won't like being ignored so he's more likely to come out with it to get more attention anyway.

46. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cappuccino For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cappuccino View Post
    Brady probably doesn't know where Keith is buried. All that gloating about how he knows and he won't tell is just the kind of sick mind game his type would play, I doubt he could find his ass with both hands at this stage, let alone a spot where he buried someone 45 years ago.

Ignore him, I say. Carry on the search by other means and completely ignore that sick a**hole. If he does know something, he won't like being ignored so he's more likely to come out with it to get more attention anyway.

I think you are right. I doubt he knows any more and as a previous post highlighted, the moors shift over time and the attention feeds him.

Brady has already written his own autobiography. He said the manuscript is in a solicitor's safe and Brady has given instructions that it is not to be published until after his death.
    Hmmm ... you wonder.

If found this statement by Brady about Hindley (and her claim she wasn't so involved) chilling.

On Their Relationship
    “First accept the determinant. Myra Hindley and I once loved each other. We were a unified force, not two conflicting entities. The relationship was not based on the delusional concept of folie a deux, but on a conscious/subconscious emotional and psychological affinity. She regarded periodic homicides as rituals of reciprocal innervation, marriage ceremonies theoretically binding us ever closer. As the records show, before we met my criminal activities had been primarily mercenary. Afterwards, a duality of motivation developed. Existential philosophy melded with the spirituality of death and became predominant. We experimented with the concept of total possibility. Instead of the requisite Lady Macbeth, I got Messalina. Apart our futures would have taken radically divergent courses.”
    http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/s...update_10.html

48. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to time For This Useful Post:

50. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast