Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Moors Murderers

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    missed that...many thanks for sharing.
    'Curiosity is, in great and generous minds, the first passion and the last.' Dr Samuel Johnson

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kitbits For This Useful Post:

MOORS MURDERER WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO DIE IN SCOTLAND
    Justice Secretary Kenny MacAskill will refuse any attempt by child killer Ian Brady to be transferred to a Scottish prison so he can end his life.

The 74 year old monster is to argue at a public hearing next month that he should be moved from a high security mental hospital in England back to his native country.
    ---
    more at Daily Mirror link above
    We are, I know not how, double in ourselves, so that what we believe we disbelieve, and cannot rid ourselves of what we condemn. (Michel de Montaigne)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

The Moor murders are some of the most disturbing. I read it shattered innocence in Great Britain.

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HMSHood For This Useful Post:

McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    If they would have been caught two years earlier, they would have swung in 64.
    This is my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to STANDREID For This Useful Post:

Hidden face of a monster to be revealed: Ian Brady will be seen
    in public for first time in 46 years via TV link after Europe ruling
    (Daily Mail)
    He has not been heard in public for nearly half a century. The last words Ian Brady uttered were in the dock of Chester Assizes in 1966, shortly before being sent down for the murder of three children.

Asked if he had anything to say, Brady picked up on a minor chronological error in the prosecution’s case. ‘No,’ he said. ‘Only that the revolvers were bought in July 1964.’

And that was it. There was no apology, no explanation. Brady was sentenced to life without parole in May 1966.

But in eight days’ time, on Monday, July 9, the Moors murderer will be seen after four-and-a-half decades of incarceration at a Mental Health Review Tribunal which will be transmitted on closed-circuit television. Watching will be members of the public, including 12 of his victims’ relatives in their own private area.
    ---
    much more at link above
    We are, I know not how, double in ourselves, so that what we believe we disbelieve, and cannot rid ourselves of what we condemn. (Michel de Montaigne)

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Thanks for the warning, I'll make sure that I have a sick bag on hand

He is an intelligent man who knows how the system works. This is all for attention IMO.
    England's dancing days are done...

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to badhorsie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by badhorsie View Post
    Thanks for the warning, I'll make sure that I have a sick bag on hand

He is an intelligent man who knows how the system works. This is all for attention IMO.
    What, does this mean you won't be queuing up for tickets?? I see the Mail did manage once again to get Myra's "face of evil" photo in there. No surprise.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

I wonder if they ever done a psychological profile on Myra Hindley and Ian Brady.

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HMSHood For This Useful Post:

Daily Telegraph's belated but thorough David Smith obit.

LIAM BRADY VICTIM’S MOTHER TO MISS PLEA (express.co.uk)
    The mother of moors murder victim Keith Bennett will be too ill to watch Ian Brady give dramatic videolink evidence, it emerged yesterday.

Winnie Johnson, 78, whose son was buried on Saddleworth Moor, Greater Manchester, 48 years ago by killers Brady and Myra Hindley, is in hospital with cancer.

Mrs Johnson is still urging Brady to say exactly where Keith is buried. Although “much improved” she will not be watching the TV evidence.
    ---
    more at link above

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

So is this Ian's farewell tour?

Stan Reid

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to STANDREID For This Useful Post:

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by STANDREID View Post
    So is this Ian's farewell tour?
    Maybe not as he has just been admitted to Fazakerly Hospital with seizures

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to badhorsie For This Useful Post:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/ju...-brady-seizure

His solicitor doesn't seem to think it's too serious, though.

The 74-year-old is due to attend a mental health tribunal on Monday regarding his application to be transferred to a Scottish prison and be allowed to die. Proceedings at the high security Ashworth hospital are expected to be relayed to Manchester's Civil Justice Centre.

It is not yet known if the hearing will be delayed as a result of his hospitalisation. Nelson said the tribunal "was obviously very important". He added: "We are waiting for a decision. We hope it's not going to be affected."

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fluttershy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/ju...-brady-seizure

His solicitor doesn't seem to think it's too serious, though.
    Shame

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to badhorsie For This Useful Post:

Why should he get to choose where and when he dies, and decide which hospital or prison he goes to from now on. He chose to rape and murder children, taking photos of their graves with his co-murderer sitting smiling on them, photographing the abuse of a ten year old girl then taping her dying anguish. He chose to do this when there was the death penalty, and so got lucky. He gave up his rights to pick and choose his place of death when he killed those children. We can clothe and feed him, get him medical attention if he needs it, but that is it.
    lesely Downey's mother had not look at those pictures and listen to that tape, Keith bennett's mother has not known where her son is for fifty years. If you have ever been to saddleworth it is desolate, not the type of place you want your child to lie alone forever more.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to brit1981 For This Useful Post:

Evocative set of photos relating to the Moors Murders here.
    Heartbreaking to see the young victims

30. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to badhorsie For This Useful Post:

I hope that he lives for another 30 years and I wish him utter misery

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to badhorsie For This Useful Post:

Although it was very limited, I do remember their trial receiving some news coverage here in the States.

Stan Reid

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to STANDREID For This Useful Post:

Starvation is a horrible way to go, I'm secretly hoping they let him off himself. I'd rather they spent the money on something more worthwhile.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fluttershy For This Useful Post:

Moors murderer Ian Brady discharged from hospital (Telegraph)
    Moors murderer Ian Brady has been discharged from a general hospital and has returned to Ashworth high security psychiatric hospital, a spokeswoman for Ashworth said.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Moors Murderer Brady's tribunal delayed (BBC News)
    Moors Murderer Ian Brady's mental health tribunal scheduled for Monday has been adjourned because he is too ill to attend, a judge has ruled.

Judge Robert Atherton accepted Brady - thought to have had a seizure this week - was too unwell. No new date was set.
    ---
    Judge Atherton said that while his condition was not life-threatening, it was serious enough to "preclude his attendance and proper participation in the hearing."
    ---
    more at link above

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

My husband is from Manchester and grew up during the Moor's Murders, it still affects him. Up thread someone linked a video by The Smiths, up until he moved here he would give tours of anyplace mentioned in one of their songs-but not there, ever. He would not even tell people how to get there. Many of the people of Manchester are deeply affected by these crimes even today. Horrible.
    And about Ian's human rights and the differences between law in the U.S. and U.K., every time I watch NG or a trial on HLN he says "But that would never be allowed in England!!".
    Every time.
    Evil don't look like anything...

42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shelby2 For This Useful Post:

My friend Ian Brady: Religious studies lecturer paints a chilling portrait of the Moors murderer (Daily Mail)
    Over the past 25 years Alan Keightley has met Ian Brady countless times and become his most intimate confidant. But he will never forget his first audience with the Moors Murderer, at the Ashworth top-security hospital on Merseyside.
    ---
    For a few moments Brady fixed his cold black eyes on the palpably nervous Dr Keightley, whom he had invited to the hospital after the exchange of many letters about philosophy and the nature of evil.

Then, at last, he spoke.

‘How many instruments of murder do you suppose there are in this room?’ Brady inquired in his laconic Glaswegian brogue, casting his gaze over the few objects on view: teaspoons, mugs, and table. Then he rocked back and awaited a response.
    ---
    Then there's this:
    Brady, he says, has also confided many explosive secrets in him — including the extraordinary claim that he murdered at least three more unknown victims.
    ---
    much more at link above

44. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Slightly shorter version of Smiths song along with video:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bLJxoR1tH4"]Suffer Little Children - YouTube[/ame]
    Saddleworth Moor (Wiki)

46. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

I bought that book forever ago, thought about it off and on, and it is buried somewhere in this house. I am on a mission to find it. What horrid "people" they were/are!

48. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4Jacy For This Useful Post:

I had gone back and read up on this case. It haunts me!
    **May God Watch Over All Missing and Abused Children**

50. The Following User Says Thank You to LaLaw2000 For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast