710 users online (72 members and 638 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I'm just speechless!!!

Looks like some strange form of child abuse to me!
    Very disturbing!
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...entry_id=81338

oh my word!! I am speechless too and that is a real feat for me

Apparently "speechless" is catching.

I guess there's no doubt that this is a real baby in the video?

I'm in the camp of He!! no for my baby....
    note though, that her actual movements are gentle and controlled, and the baby is relaxed and not thrashing around. It's not like a shaken baby issue!?!?

Good grief how you could trust someone doing that is beyond me though....one slip or losing your own balance yikes!

I can't say I've ever seen anything like that before, and even if I understood the logic and reasoning behind it- it's so alien to my own viewpoints and values that I could or would endorse or agree with it...

But I am very interested in knowing exactly what is going on, and in watching the documentary that was made about these people in that community by the British team that is reported on in that article.

I agree Charlie, once I was able to stop being taken aback I looked closely at the baby and that baby did not appear distressed in any way at all.

Yes her movements were fluid and controlled, I wonder if this is an ancient practice that has been modernized or whathaveyou?

I am very curious but then again I'm a pain in the dookus like that

I think the baby isnt crying because she doesnt stop long enough to give it a chance to. I think the baby is stunned into silence. There is no way I would let someone day that to my baby. I fear a baby will be seriously injured or killed with this being done. Especially if someone sees the video and decides to try it out themselves.

Interesting. That said, I can't watch the video at work...
    “The essence of the Liberal outlook lies not in what opinions are held, but in how they are held: instead of being held dogmatically, they are held tentatively, and with a consciousness that new evidence may at any moment lead to their abandonment.” ~Bertrand Russell

It looks like she is in the window of a pizza shop making dough. I could not even complete the video.

What about all that hold their heads up as their necks are not strong enough and so on I just cant get over it.

I was just coming here to post this

it's outrageous & I'm dumbfounded that parents would allow their babies to be jerked around like that

at one point I saw that baby's face contorting into a cry but then she changes positions so quickly, the baby probably has a hard time even catching his/her breath

I just saw this on Fox News this morning. I couldn't believe my eyes! Anyone who would do this is guilty of child abuse IMO. That poor baby!

I disagree that there's not a possibility of shaken baby syndrome

the lady's arms may be making somewhat fluid movements but the baby's movements look jerky to me and that kid's head is supposed to be supported at that age

I've tried to watch it three times & haven't been able to finish it once

every time, I'm just OMG!

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy2441 View Post
    I just saw this on Fox News this morning. I couldn't believe my eyes! Anyone who would do this is guilty of child abuse IMO. That poor baby!
    not just that baby either!

she has a business and people actually pay her for this!

Do you know how dizzy that baby must be, probably cant see straight after all that. Its disturbing to watch..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast