Results 1 to 1 of 1
09-13-2004, 08:25 AM #1Former Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2003
- In heels
Take two croutons and call me in the morning
A medical intern at a hospital in western Austria mistakenly injected an elderly patient with olive oil instead of antibiotics after mixing up bedside vials, officials said Wednesday.
The patient, a 79-year-old woman who had been admitted to Steyr Hospital for an appendectomy, was not in life-threatening condition, hospital director Harald Geck told the Austria Press Agency.
The mix-up apparently happened when the intern at the hospital reached for the wrong vial and injected the patient with olive oil that had been prepared by a hospital physiotherapist for a massage, Geck said.