TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #35

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
Hailey20Dunn-120lr.gif

Hailey is 13 years old. She was heading to stay with a friend on Monday Dec. 27th but never made it. She is 5'1" with hazel eyes and brown hair. She also has pierced ears. She was last seen at 1804 Chestnut, wearing navy blue sweat pants, a light colored T-shirt and pink and white shoes.
Anyone who has seen Hailey contact the Colorado City Police Dept. at 325-728-5294

Thread #1 Thread #2
Thread #3 Thread #4
Thread #5 Thread #6
Thread #7 Thread #8
Thread #9 Thread #10
Thread #11 Thread #12
Thread #13 Thread #14
Thread #15 Thread #16
Thread #17 Thread #18
Thread #19 Thread #20
Thread #21 Thread #22
Thread #23 Thread #24
Thread #25 Thread #26
Thread #27 Thread #28
Thread #29 Thread #30
Thread #31 Thread #32
Thread #33 Thread #34

Media Links
Sar information for Hailey Dunn
Hailey Dunn Facebook/You Tube/MM site

You must read this post and hit the 'thanks' button before you post in this thread.

We do not allow rumors to be posted or perpetuated at WS.
Do not post a rumor or respond to a rumor.

No bashing Law Enforcement.

Direct quotes and screenshots from social networking sites are not allowed at WS.
You may discuss what is on a social networking site but must include the link. However, do not discuss or link to sites that are private.
Please do not post about other posters. That is a TOS violation because it is rude. It’s like talking behind someone’s back.
The only appropriate way to respond to problematic posts is to hit the alert button. We will then look at the post and handle it asap. Do not respond to a problematic post. That compounds the problem and delays the solution.
We do not allow the posting of personal information about people who have not been named as a POI or suspect by LE or MSM.
You must include a link to where you found the information in your post.
Just because a person is connected to a case doesn't mean we can immediately start using his/her name, even if it is an adult. There is no need to drag innocent people through the mud.
If people start talking to the media about the case then yes, they have decided they want their identity known. Then you can use their names in posts here at WS.
If suspects and family members are talked about in the major media outlets, you can use their names in posts here at WS.

We don't allow name posting of minors’ names, except for Hailey's, of course.

The full WS TOS and "rules" can be found here: The Rules

'Insiders' or "Locals"
Before you post ANY inside information that could help this case PLEASE report it to the police first. Here at Websleuths, we don't care about having "scoops" or "bombshells." We care about the cases, the people involved, and making sure Websleuths is not hindering the investigation by allowing people to post inside information that the police do not have yet.
If you know Hailey or her family and want to post about her, then WS admin needs to talk to you. Please email wsverify@xmission.com
Include:
The case
Your Websleuths name
Your phone number and a good time to call
Your real name.
In the subject line please put which case you are asking to be verified on.
It will all be kept strictly confidential.
Unless what you are saying can be verified by law enforcement and/or the media, it is not considered a "fact" here. You may personally know for 100% certainty that it is true, but unless you are verified and/or can back it up with a link, we do have to consider it to be a rumor. This is not to single anyone out or to ignore information, but to maintain the integrity of a case and keep the best interests of the victims at the forefront.
Please do what is right by the case first before you post anything on Websleuths.
Do not post about private conversations with case players unless the case player is aware that the conversation is going public.
If you are a local or insider and your posts do not include any "inside" information, you do not need to be verified. Please remember, however, that information as simple as what Mom does for a living or where BF works are considered inside information.

Check for professional and locals here...
Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders

Please Continue here...

bringing over Tricia's post from thread #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia
DO YOU KNOW WHY WE ARE HERE?

We are here to make a difference. And WE DO. Websleuths is the only forum on the Internet that is respected by LE, Families, Media, and people from around the world.
WHY? Because we do our best to keep focused on what really matters.
What matters in Hailey's case? THAT WE FIND HAILEY.
We can all agree Hailey's mom is not going to be Mother of the Year ever.
We can all agree Hailey's mom brought into their lives the focus of the investigation into her disappearance.
This makes me angry like it does all of you I'm sure.
But what Hailey's mother did to earn money, what she does in other areas of her personal life, as unseemly to us as it all may be, is not directly connected to the disappearance of her daughter.
What we know is connected to the investigation is her boyfriend. And we have found out that she appeared to have lied about threats to herself and Hailey from this guy.
That makes me sick but that doesn't mean I will allow Websleuths to go down to the gutter to discuss and trash the areas of her life that do not have to do with Hailey's disappearance.
WHY WE DO WE WANT TO KNOW ALL THE UNSEEMLY PARTS OF HER LIFE?
The only reason we do is because it is disgusting and makes us mad.
But by discussing her past (which is not connected to what is going on now) how does that help with the case?
All it does is trash a mother, and as little I think of her parenting skills she is a mother, who is missing her daughter.
I spoke to Marc Klaas tonight. He asked me to please help everyone to keep on track with what is really important right now.
And that is Hailey. Not what her mother has done in her past that makes us cringe as parents.
Please let's keep Websleuths above the all the gossip crap that has NOTHING to do with the case.
When I speak to Brad Dennis (The head of the KlaasKids Search Team and is in Texas tonight) and ask him what we can do to help his team find Hailey I can guarentee you he is not going to ask us to find out what Billie did for a living.
Keep on topic and keep your keyboard on track. We are here for Hailey.
End of story.

Friday Jan. 21 - Food/ Volunteer thread for Hailey Dunn Search

We have been asked to order food for Friday's search from one of the local merchants.
Bigs Pizza and Grill has agreed to charge only 7 dollars for a large Pizza. Not sure how many toppings. Phone 325-728-3300. Maria is the manager. I have spoken to her and she said we can start ordering tomorrow (Thursday) for Friday delivery.
Keep in mind you do not have to order Pizza from them. If you want you can order something else. It's just such an easy food to feed people but it is totally up to you.
We are looking for 10-15 Pizza's for Friday. If you can order one or more please post it here. This way we can keep track of the food.
FLAGGING TAPE IS TAKEN CARE OF THANKS TO ANADARKO.
THEY DON'T NEED WATER BUT FEEL FREE TO ORDER SODA.
If you are a local and can help with the search please report to the Civic Center.
The address of the Civic Center is
157 West 2nd Street
Colorado City, TX 79512-6304
(325) 728-2072
If you have other donations or questions that just can't be answered by anyone else other than Brad Dennis, leader of the KlaasKids Search Team then call Brad at 850-525-4807 or email at search4missing@yahoo.com
Heads up because we will need food donations for the searchers for Saturday and Sunday. Let's take care of Friday first though.
I can't tell you all how much this helps. This frees up Brad and the others to work on looking for Hailey. BUT they have to have food there or it is almost impossible to get people to volunteer.
Because of your kindness and generosity you are making the search for Hailey focus solely on Hailey which is what needs to be done.
OK. Post here if you can help with a pizza donation for Friday. Don't forget to call and order.
Thank you,
Tricia

Bringing over...

I think if the hairdresser doesn't do hair on any Sunday, but does/did it on Monday then the truth is it was Monday, imo.

She originally said it was "already dark", according to Billie. Two weeks later, it changed to middle of the day. This doesn't help her regarding it being a credible sighting in LE"s eyes. MOO

The Sighting by JB:

From January 4:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/04/ng.01.html
BILLIE DUNN: We hear that another lady says she saw Hailey, her friend and a boy she didn`t recognize Monday evening -- it was already dark -- walking on the main street by a store. So they`re looking at that video surveillance, too, seeing if that story checks out, see if they can put her somewhere that evening.

Guess the video didn't check out and so that must have been discounted, as police said there was no confirmed sighting of Hailey on Monday. Then it changed to....

From January 19:
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=332696
JB claims she watched the pair walk down the alley that leads to the Dunns between 10:30 a.m. and 1:00 that afternoon.

I can see why police think this may not be a reliable sighting, considering that the time keeps changing.

Friday Jan. 21 - Food/ Volunteer thread for Hailey Dunn Search

We have been asked to order food for Friday's search from one of the local merchants.
Bigs Pizza and Grill has agreed to charge only 7 dollars for a large Pizza. Not sure how many toppings. Phone 325-728-3300. Maria is the manager. I have spoken to her and she said we can start ordering tomorrow (Thursday) for Friday delivery.
Keep in mind you do not have to order Pizza from them. If you want you can order something else. It's just such an easy food to feed people but it is totally up to you.
We are looking for 10-15 Pizza's for Friday. If you can order one or more please post it here. This way we can keep track of the food.
FLAGGING TAPE IS TAKEN CARE OF THANKS TO ANADARKO.
THEY DON'T NEED WATER BUT FEEL FREE TO ORDER SODA.
If you are a local and can help with the search please report to the Civic Center.
The address of the Civic Center is
157 West 2nd Street
Colorado City, TX 79512-6304
(325) 728-2072
If you have other donations or questions that just can't be answered by anyone else other than Brad Dennis, leader of the KlaasKids Search Team then call Brad at 850-525-4807 or email at search4missing@yahoo.com
Heads up because we will need food donations for the searchers for Saturday and Sunday. Let's take care of Friday first though.
I can't tell you all how much this helps. This frees up Brad and the others to work on looking for Hailey. BUT they have to have food there or it is almost impossible to get people to volunteer.
Because of your kindness and generosity you are making the search for Hailey focus solely on Hailey which is what needs to be done.
OK. Post here if you can help with a pizza donation for Friday. Don't forget to call and order.
Thank you,
Tricia

I'm calling at lunch and ordering several pizzas. Thanks for this!!! It helps to be able to help, even all the way from Chicago. God speed searchers, God speed.

is it possible that hd went to the dollar store on sunday AND was seen monday by the hairdresser?

I'm bringing this post over all so.

After reviewing posts and alerts I feel it is time to remind everyone a few things:

Remember we NEVER SLEUTH MINORS

If this happens like it has tonight I will close this thread for good. It is not worth dragging an innocent CHILD through the mud. That is how serious I am about this rule.

What if it was your child, by no fault of his/her own, who was brought up on Websleuths and sleuthed? I would hope you would lose your mind with anger.

And the bashing, attacking and telling others how to post has got to stop. It just does. End of comment.

You guys, I HATE DOING THIS because I know you all mean well. I appreciate your passion for Hailey. We all want to bring her home.

From my heart I thank you for all you do. Let's keep the focus on Hailey where it belongs.

Tricia

There were several posts, after this warning, talking about minors. STOP. JUST STOP! NO - really, don't post it. Let it go....... we will all find out in time.

Salem

I was posting and then the thread closed. How do I move my post over here? Thanks!

I was posting and then the thread closed. How do I move my post over here? Thanks!

If you didn't quote it before the thread closed (or if you did and lost it), then the best way is just to select/copy/paste. That's how I do it anyway...

Thanks, I will try, but I am not very good with this, especially with this iPad.

If you didn't quote it before the thread closed (or if you did and lost it), then the best way is just to select/copy/paste. That's how I do it anyway...

I agree that she probably didn't check in on her, hence the non-committal answers. I am not sure of her exact words, but almost along the lines of she appeared to be in her bed sleeping. I get the feeling that she is setting it up, like someone made HD's bed look like she was in there, like she snuck out or something or SA made it appear that she was sleeping.JMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellebelle
I have never thought that BD even so much as peeked in on her daughter Monday morning. I think when people on here questioned the friend about it, that she might have mentioned it to BD. In order to make herself appear as a good mom she started saying it. I had not heard it before someone asked the friend on here so it kind of stood out to me.
JMO

Bringing over...

She originally said it was "already dark", according to Billie. Two weeks later, it changed to middle of the day. This doesn't help her regarding it being a credible sighting in LE"s eyes. MOO

I keep thinking this may be two different people making these claims. The hairdresser <modsnip: NO MINORS - NOT EVEN FROM MSM>

Law enforcement will be using cadaver dogs this afternoon to search the landfill in Colorado City for missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn.

The number of volunteers dwindled to about 20 today, due to the cold weather, organizers said.

Two volunteer search teams gathered for the second time this morning. They will be searching areas along Hwy 208 toward the community of Dunn, which is north of Colorado City.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/20/colorado-city-landfill-target-today-part-search-mi/

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/20/colorado-city-landfill-target-today-part-search-mi/

Not trying to derail the thread eh?

but before the other thread closed, I belive some one was asking( paraphrasing here) if texas police only needed a high school diploma to enter into the police force?

now this is houston texas, what they need to enter

http://agency.governmentjobs.com/ho...0</string></var></struct></data></wddxPacket>

"&#8226; Must have one of the following:
1. At least 48 semester hours of credit from an accredited college or university with at minimum of a 2.0 grade point average"

I dont know about cc tho eh?

but in houston they need more than a high school diploma..

okay, now let me get in where i fit in and catch up..

Im working from home office and taking calls and trying to read here at the same time...not easy for me when the phone keeps ringing, but thanking all of you for the links and keeping me in the loop

It's only 26 degrees in CC today, with a high of 38 expected. If I lived within 100 miles of CC, I'd help search today. I like doing physical activity on cold days...seems like my synapses fire better.

I hope more people show up. Thanks to websleuths, the ones who ARE there will have tons of hot pizza to chow down on.

I believe the hairdresser, she has no reason to lie. In my opinion when a 13 year old young lady is missing you take every witness seriously. If LE had handled this differently in the beginning we might have more leads.

Hate to see that the number of volunteers have dropped but that is understandable. They have been searching without any professional help since Hailey disappeared. Another mistake from LE, Tim Miller's group offered to come in two weeks ago.

Trouble finding the Hailey threads, as always. I had to do a search for "Hailey Dunn" and "threads" to find this one. Oy vey!

<ModSnip - No MINORS - not even in general>.

We've got an "adult" man who has disturbing hobbies who is the person who last saw her by his own admission, a mother whose stories change DAILY, other "witnesses" whose claims can't be confirmed, and several other "logical persons" of interest just because Hailey was somehow connected to them.

I'm not willing to drag others into the mix until we can clear the first people I mentioned, and so far, that can't be done. :cow: :cow: :cow:

Wow, our mods are on the ball. After posting and rereading my post, I decided to edit out what I said and saw a mod did it for me already. That was quick. Sorry it had to be done, Moderators. I'll watch it.

I was reading some comments this week on the fb sites,one account freaked me out.They were talking about an abandoned home they couldn't get into there were rattlesnakes in it.EEK!!!Also one said something about freezing rain,and what kind of people won't let anyone search thier property,get out there and search it yourself then,geesh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246