GUILTY CT - Matthew Walton, 21, dead, 3 injured in Bristol stabbing, 15 Jan 2011

Apparently, an intoxicated Higgins was farting throughout the evening Saturday & a female slapped him. Embarrassed & enraged, Higgins reportedly stormed out of the party only to return 45 minutes later armed with 3 knives. Police say there was no specific target, but he just started lashing out at those unfortunate enough to in stabbing distance.

Oh my! What a tragedy. I am always amazed at what triggers someone to commit such a brutal crime! It sounds like his alcohol consumption was out of hand, but who would have expected this?!

wm

Oh my! What a tragedy. I am always amazed at what triggers someone to commit such a brutal crime! It sounds like his alcohol consumption was out of hand, but who would have expected this?!

wm

Another reason to keep alcohol legal and mmj illegal.
Makes sense to me.....not:waitasec:

I dont know if I cant blame the alcohol etc here....there is no drunk I could be that would cause me to stab someone to death for laughing at me for farting. frankly if it was so disturbing for him he shoulda stayed home and decided those were no friends of his.

I really wouldnt want to be this guy, who wants to bet people will be greeting him by blowing raspberries in prison for the rest of his life?

If you are gonna go to a party all gassy and foul how are you not gonna expect your friends to comment and laugh about it? I agree with the poster above who says I could not BE that kinda drunk where my first instinct is to go grab a knife and stab people for pointing out my nasty farting.

I guess this guy does not have the passout safety mechanism that I do. that safety kicks in well before I reach the point of doing something competely idiotic, like say, getting all stabby with my friends. Thats just me.

There are so many things wrong about this story, and it would almost be funny, if not so tragic.

The guy gets made fun of because he's apparently ruining the party with his gas. He leaves finally, and I'm sure everyone is happy about that. Yet, he doesn't stay away. He comes back with three knives. Why three? You only have two hands. Was he worried that one would dull on him?

I think there was something off about the guy to begin with. Maybe a problem drinker too. I'm thinking he wasn't really among friends at the party either.

How drunk could he have been that he left and went somewhere to get three knives? Then he had to return and stab people?

Too bad he didn't pass out. How sad for these victims.

I'm wondering if he was driving or he walked to get the knives?

May the poor man that was murdered rest in peace.

Mind boggling.

So many seem to murder over the most ridiculous of things.

IMO

From April 2013:

http://articles.courant.com/2013-04...426_1_marc-higgins-stacy-buccheri-david-klett

A man who went on a fatal stabbing rampage in Bristol in 2011 after friends gave him a hard time for being flatulent was sentenced to 35 years in prison Friday.

Marc Higgins' prison term is to be followed by three years of special parole. The 23-year-old was sentenced in Superior Court before Judge Hillary Strackbein after pleading guilty in February to murder and first-degree assault.

Strackbein said she found the death of Matt Walton, 21, and the injuries to three others — one of whom was in critical condition after the attack — hard to explain.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back