1056 users online (217 members and 839 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Morgan Nick Case

Quote Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
    You think he's not doing his job?
    I was definitely not implying that in the least. My point is that he down plays most things in any of the interviews you may see with him -- I believe he does that in an effort to play his cards wisely so he doesn't show his hand. My comment was not meant to be negative in the least. It's just something I notice he does in interviews -- probably a wise move!

Quote Originally Posted by amber1 View Post
    How does this man compare to the sketch of the Morgan Nick abductor? Police also mentioned investigating a connection with the murder of another Fort Smith, Arkansas girl named Melissa "Missy" Witt. The 19 year-old was on her way to the bowling alley to see her mom. A man tried to abduct her from the parking lot. She fought back, and the man bashed her head in and dragged her body off. Her remains were found by trappers over a month later in Ozark National Park. Her abduction was on December 1, 1994. If you look at her picture, it looks a lot like the age-enhancement of Morgan Nick. If this all pans out, could this man also be responsible for Missy Witt's murder?

You can see her picture here:
    http://deaniepeters-missingangels.bl...-18-years.html
    Melissa WAS abducted from the bowling alley. She was hit in the head but the wound was not fatal. In fact, that's not what killed her. I really do not believe the two cases are connected - but anything is possible, I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
    You think he's not doing his job?
    I think he's doing doing the best job he can with what he has to work with. Too many local rumors about this very sad case.

What kind of local rumors?

• What two teams were playing the game the family went to watch? I believe I read the nick family went to visit friends and watch the friends children play a game at the Alma park.

• Was it a tournament? Were the kids older? Why was the game still going at almost 11:00 pm?

• If it was older teens/adults playing, were they all looked at?

• Something that I thought of, and brought me to this forum, were the family members of both teams looked at? I wonder if the captor had traveled to alma to watch a family member play. If the two teams were traveling from surrounding towns, the audience members could have been familiar with Alma, but not locals of the town.

• Colleen states her friend convinced her to let Morgan play at the hill, because kids did it all the time. This is something a local would know, or someone who frequented the ball park. However, a local who watched kids on the hill would have been noticed. So I believe the person who took Morgan had only discovered the hill.

• If the suspect had been canvassing the ball park, he would have been remembered. This was 1995 in a rural southern town. Everyone made eye contact, judged you, and gossiped. A drifter lurking around little league would have been talked about.

• If this was his first time at the park, how did he know about the game that day? The only social media in 1995 was church, the local news, radio, and the phone. This is why I wonder if he is a family member of one of the players.

• Whatever became of the Spiro, Ok trailer search? Sure they investigate every lead they can. This lead must have had solid possibility. The officer mentioned they had been working on it for two years, so they hadn't ruled the suspect out. In fact they waited for the trailer to be vacated. That means they were keeping tabs on that individual. I'm sure they are doing this with a lot of suspects they have, but something about this person moved him to the top of the list. I wish we could find out who lived there.

Even Morgan herself was a visitor. Her family had been invited to the game.

Has Jeremy Jones been considered as a suspect in Morgan's disappearance? Morgan is younger than his other victims, but he looks like the drawing of the suspect. A lot. When I was reading about Morgan it had pictures of the suspect, and a 22 year old would not seem that out of place at a game.

He would have been 22, and in the northeast corner of Oklahoma, not that far from Arkansas.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/n/nick_morgan.html
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/freeman_ashley.html - photo at the bottom of Jeremy Jones
    Last edited by absolut_alexis; 06-03-2017 at 11:22 PM. Reason: changed link

Quote Originally Posted by absolut_alexis View Post
    Has Jeremy Jones been considered as a suspect in Morgan's disappearance? Morgan is younger than his other victims, but he looks like the drawing of the suspect. A lot. When I was reading about Morgan it had pictures of the suspect, and a 22 year old would not seem that out of place at a game.

He would have been 22, and in the northeast corner of Oklahoma, not that far from Arkansas.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/n/nick_morgan.html
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/freeman_ashley.html - photo at the bottom of Jeremy Jones
    Definitely a resemblance

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Addicted

Lurking or sleuthing, at all hours of the day & night, many times falling asleep with phone in hand/laptop in lap

Will NOT be held liable for the following:

Paragraph Structure
    Grammar
    Appropriate Language
    Using Contractions Correctly
    Correct use of Acronyms ( should I attempt them )
    Punctuation
    Falling asleep mid response

*terms subject to change without notice*

does anyone know, what is the address to the baseball field that Morgan Nick was kidnapped from?

780 City Park Rd, Alma, AR 72921. Very close to interstate 40.

Bump from Columbus, OH

Quote Originally Posted by nursee1995 View Post
    780 City Park Rd, Alma, AR 72921. Very close to interstate 40.
    I thought the ball park she was abducted from was 101 W. Main Street, Alma, AR 72921

Sex trafficking and missing children in Arkansas

http://www.thv11.com/news/local/sex-...nsas/485594160

I have read a lot about Morgan's case and I think I can answer some questions:

- Morgan was abducted from Woffard Ballpark, which was located on W. Main Street one block away from the Alma Police Department. It was demolished some years ago and it's now an overflow parking lot for the high school across the street.

- The two little league teams playing the last game of the night were The Marlins, the hometown team from Alma, and the visiting team, The Pythons, from town unknown. I agree that it would be helpful to know the origins of the visiting team as the abductor could have traveled to Alma in order to watch the visiting team play. Unfortunately, I have been unable to find any information about the origins of The Pythons team. All of the local little league team names have changed a million times since 1995 and I cannot track it down. I would love to know if anyone out there knows....

- Yes, Morgan and her mother went to watch the child of a family friend play in the baseball game.

- I am unaware of whether it was a tournament or a regular season game. However, little league season typically runs from March through May with tournament games held in June and July, so it is likely it was a tournament game given the late time of year.

- According to a newspaper article, the players were ages 6-7. However, I have heard Morgan's mom quoted as saying that the players were aged 8. It's a minor issue, IMO, and there's no telling who is right and who was mistaken. The noteworthy thing is that this was a ballpark brimming with very young elementary-age children, not older middle school or high school kids.

- The game in question was the last game of the day in an all-day schedule of back-to-back games being played at the ballpark. Unfortunately, the previous games got behind schedule (perhaps the games went into extra innings or something), and so the last game started much later than it was scheduled to start.

- The townspeople did notice the abductor. At least one adult (and possibly more than one adult, I need to re-read my newspaper articles about the case) did notice the man watching the children as they played. Unfortunately, given the small-town family atmosphere, the townspeople likely assumed that he was the parent of one of the children keeping an eye on them. Hindsight is 20/20.

- From what I understand about the Spiro lead, LE received a tip about the individual living in that trailer years prior to the trailer search. The tip wasn't a priority. However, the individual moved out of the trailer and LE saw an opportunity to search the empty trailer and look for any trace DNA evidence suggesting that Morgan may have ever been there. I'm guessing nothing came of it since it was a few years ago.

- The laundromat attempted abduction was NOT related to Morgan's abduction. It was later determined to be a domestic dispute where a non-custodial dad tried to abduct his own daughter.

Last edited by hiraeth121; 10-26-2017 at 03:00 AM.

The last point here is interesting to me... you are correct that the laundromat attempted abduction was NOT related to Morgan's abduction. It was quickly determined (within weeks) that it was a domestic dispute where a non-custodial parent tried to abduct his own daughter.

So tell me then, why did they use the sketch of THAT man as Morgan's possible abductor for almost five years? Odd, don't you think? Makes no sense. So I question the entire story at this point. It doesn't add up.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast