760 users online (101 members and 659 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

State's Motion for Petition of Writ of Habeas Corpus Ad Testificadum

Help...what is this??? Who are they talking about? Did I miss discussion on this? It's in the news thread for today.

If this is a dupe, please delete Mods.

ETA: I got beside myself when I saw this and thought it had to do with KC. Maybe is Robyn or Myra.
    Last edited by TotallyObsessed; 01-21-2011 at 01:25 PM.

I think it's asking to have an incarcerated person released temporarily to testify??? Not sure.

The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE
    "testificadum" is an awesome word, whatever this motion is. Oh Latin, how I wish I had learned you!
    You can hold back from the suffering of the world. You have free permission to do so and it is in accordance with your nature.
    But perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could have avoided.
    Franz Kafka

Be not simply good. Be good for something.
    HDT

Wikipedia: Habeas corpus ad testificandum: a writ ordering return with the body of a prisoner for the purposes of “testifying”.

^ yes, but who? KC????

I'm thinking it must be the inmate she corresponded with. The one who said Casey admitted chloroforming Caylee frequently. Maybe the SA feels the jury will find her credible notwithstanding the fact she's in prison????

I have a feeling the State have begun sending out subpoenas for all their listed witnesses.
    Likely this Writ of Habeas Corpus is for Robyn Adams. I dont think the State will or ever planned to use Mya Dercovitch. But Robyn would be needed to corroborate the Muffin letters. And there is some interesting and imo incriminating stuff in those.......... notably Casey Anthony's claim that she had asked Zenaida to take Caylee for a few days.......or version three of the Zanny BS
    Last edited by krisskross; 01-21-2011 at 01:39 PM. Reason: spelling
    "I need someone that'll take the information that I'm giving them" Casey Anthony July 25th 2008

It wouldn't be the first time a criminal was called to testify in a case. And sometimes it is effective. As much as a defense attorney can tear that witness down, ultimately it comes to what they say and if it can be corroborated. Maybe this witness is just a corroboration to something else someone else might say.

That's the only thing I can think of!

krisskross, that's what I'm thinking (didn't see your post) about corroboration.

But they may be wanting Mya to testify. Maybe they feel it's worth the risk.

Has to be one of her 'pen pal prison buddys' cause the constitution covers self incrimination.

Sounds yummy - where is AZLawyer when we need her!

I did find this:
    Writ of Habeas Corpus
    A writ of habeas corpus orders the custodian of an individual in custody to produce the individual before the court to make an inquiry concerning his or her detention, to appear for prosecution (ad prosequendum) or to appear to testify (ad testificandum). State courts may issue such writs to prisoner custodians to produce federal prisoners.

http://www.justice.gov/marshals/process/habeas.htm

Quote Originally Posted by jennyb View Post
    krisskross, that's what I'm thinking (didn't see your post) about corroboration.

But they may be wanting Mya to testify. Maybe they feel it's worth the risk.

Jenny, you might be right. But the State's case was always a strong one.
    And I for one dont believe Casey Anthony admitted to chloroforming Caylee whilst vent talking. The letters on the other hand are in her own hand therefore 100 % self incriminating.
    "I need someone that'll take the information that I'm giving them" Casey Anthony July 25th 2008

WESh just put up the request and the order -

http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/26572682/detail.html
    www.amazon.com/shops/Grand_Media
    http://stores.ebay.com/grand-media-usa36

"This pretense of ignorance is getting old." - JA

The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE
    "Prosecutor Linda Drane Burdick made the request.

Perry granted the order, and also notified Orange County Sheriff Jerry Demings of his action."

You can hold back from the suffering of the world. You have free permission to do so and it is in accordance with your nature.
    But perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could have avoided.
    Franz Kafka

Be not simply good. Be good for something.
    HDT

Quote Originally Posted by ynotdivein View Post
    "Prosecutor Linda Drane Burdick made the request.

Perry granted the order, and also notified Orange County Sheriff Jerry Demings of his action."

Very cool. I love the way he makes things so official and moves it forward.

Wonder why the name of the inmate isn't in the motion? Or is it? Maybe because it's an inmate there are special protections set in place not to reveal their names until the day they testify. Makes sense as there could be retribution (for some) in prison. Not in this case necessarily but I imagine it could get squirrely for some (like mob cases).

Quote Originally Posted by jennyb View Post
    Very cool. I love the way he makes things so official and moves it forward.

Wonder why the name of the inmate isn't in the motion? Or is it? Maybe because it's an inmate there are special protections set in place not to reveal their names until the day they testify. Makes sense as there could be retribution (for some) in prison. Not in this case necessarily but I imagine it could get squirrely for some (like mob cases).
    It's there. Along with her Federal Corrections ID number.
    We have enough youth. How about looking for a Fountain of Smart?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast