TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #38

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
Hailey20Dunn-120lr.gif

Hailey is 13 years old. She was heading to stay with a friend on Monday Dec. 27th but never made it. She is 5'1" with hazel eyes and brown hair. She also has pierced ears. She was last seen at 1804 Chestnut, wearing navy blue sweat pants, a light colored T-shirt and pink and white shoes.
Anyone who has seen Hailey contact the Colorado City Police Dept. at 325-728-5294

Thread #1 Thread #2
Thread #3 Thread #4
Thread #5 Thread #6
Thread #7 Thread #8
Thread #9 Thread #10
Thread #11 Thread #12
Thread #13 Thread #14
Thread #15 Thread #16
Thread #17 Thread #18
Thread #19 Thread #20
Thread #21 Thread #22
Thread #23 Thread #24
Thread #25 Thread #26
Thread #27 Thread #28
Thread #29 Thread #30
Thread #31 Thread #32
Thread #33 Thread #34
Thread #35 Thread #36
Thread #37

Media Links
Sar information for Hailey Dunn
Hailey Dunn Facebook/You Tube/MM site

You must read this post and hit the 'thanks' button before you post in this thread.

We do not allow rumors to be posted or perpetuated at WS.
Do not post a rumor or respond to a rumor.

No bashing Law Enforcement.

Direct quotes and screenshots from social networking sites are not allowed at WS.
You may discuss what is on a social networking site but must include the link. However, do not discuss or link to sites that are private.
Please do not post about other posters. That is a TOS violation because it is rude. It’s like talking behind someone’s back.
The only appropriate way to respond to problematic posts is to hit the alert button. We will then look at the post and handle it asap. Do not respond to a problematic post. That compounds the problem and delays the solution.
We do not allow the posting of personal information about people who have not been named as a POI or suspect by LE or MSM.
You must include a link to where you found the information in your post.
Just because a person is connected to a case doesn't mean we can immediately start using his/her name, even if it is an adult. There is no need to drag innocent people through the mud.
If people start talking to the media about the case then yes, they have decided they want their identity known. Then you can use their names in posts here at WS.
If suspects and family members are talked about in the major media outlets, you can use their names in posts here at WS.

We don't allow name posting of minors’ names, except for Hailey's, of course.

The full WS TOS and "rules" can be found here: The Rules

'Insiders' or "Locals"
Before you post ANY inside information that could help this case PLEASE report it to the police first. Here at Websleuths, we don't care about having "scoops" or "bombshells." We care about the cases, the people involved, and making sure Websleuths is not hindering the investigation by allowing people to post inside information that the police do not have yet.
If you know Hailey or her family and want to post about her, then WS admin needs to talk to you. Please email wsverify@xmission.com
Include:
The case
Your Websleuths name
Your phone number and a good time to call
Your real name.
In the subject line please put which case you are asking to be verified on.
It will all be kept strictly confidential.
Unless what you are saying can be verified by law enforcement and/or the media, it is not considered a "fact" here. You may personally know for 100% certainty that it is true, but unless you are verified and/or can back it up with a link, we do have to consider it to be a rumor. This is not to single anyone out or to ignore information, but to maintain the integrity of a case and keep the best interests of the victims at the forefront.
Please do what is right by the case first before you post anything on Websleuths.
Do not post about private conversations with case players unless the case player is aware that the conversation is going public.
If you are a local or insider and your posts do not include any "inside" information, you do not need to be verified. Please remember, however, that information as simple as what Mom does for a living or where BF works are considered inside information.

Check for professional and locals here...
Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders

Please Continue here...

After Christmas it would not be unusual to be short of money and not know exactly how much was in the bank. I don't see that as a big deal. jmo

Bringing this over from Cluciano's post:

"I don't think we know if Billie had child support coming in, they are not divorced and not even sure if they have a legal separation."

I don't know how Texas is, as I'm in Ohio. My exH and I were separated for almost 5 years before we filed divorce (money issues). I was able to still get full custody and child support within the first year of our separation. I just went down to the child support office and filed papers, we had a hearing that we both went to where they figured up our finances, etc.

We weren't legally separated, but we did have to prove we were not living together, etc.

bringing over post from previous thread:

Snipped from Sheik's post ... I googled "caliche pits", term I am not familiar with. This would be an old garbage dump on someone's personal property?

The pits are usually from where caliche has been dug out to use for road base - or just an unpaved road in rural areas....very common in parts of TX (and probably other arid states like NM & AZ)

My bank charges me for a withdrawal, but also charges me for a balance check. I sometimes do a withdrawal so I can get a receipt with my balance instead of doing 2 transactions at $3 each.

What prompts the mods to close a thread and start a new one in this case? Is it done at a certain time? A certain number of posts? Or when people start getting snippy? Sometimes I go to an open thread and it closes before I can post a comment. Not complaining, just trying to get it figured out.

What prompts the mods to close a thread and start a new one in this case? Is it done at a certain time? A certain number of posts? Or when people start getting snippy? Sometimes I go to an open thread and it closes before I can post a comment. Not complaining, just trying to get it figured out.
It usually goes by number of pgs/posts. They try not to let them get too long - makes going back through them a little easier.

Just in case anyone hasn't actually looked at the map, or missed these details previously (I did!), Jean, the hairdresser, says she seen Hailey TWICE the day she disappeared between 10:00 am and 1:00 pm.

She ALSO says she seen her in TWO DIFFERENT LOCATIONS, 19th St. and near her home.

She saw her twice in 2 different locations?!

Have you seen how far 19th St/The Dollar Store is from Hailey's home? OMG!

I posted this the other day, and it still didn't click, that she was seen by Jean in two different locations that day.

So, was Hailey with the 7 year old both times?

If Jean really did get the day wrong, and it was Sunday that Hailey was at the Dollar Store (LE has video), was the 7 year old boy with Hailey in the video on Sunday?

Jean Burroughs, who has a beauty shop on 19th and Locust streets, said she saw the teenager twice between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Dec. 27.

First, Burroughs said she saw Hailey walking on East 19th Street

"I'm certain it was Hailey; I've known her for years," said Burroughs, who lives in a house behind the home on Chestnut Street that Billie Jean Dunn shared with Adkins and her two children.

Burroughs said she later saw Hailey walking down the alley behind her shop.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/20...missing-colorado-city-teen-h/?partner=popular

Map of Chestnut St., and 19th St. :

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=chestnut+st.,+colorado+city+texas&daddr=19th+street,+colorado+city,+texas&geocode=FRRe7gEdw_H8-SntM_LCRrr4hjGZxZckF-8FPw%3BFdl67gEdlgP9-SkZ8LIoaLr4hjHSHVxtcoV0Cg&hl=en&mra=ls&sll=32.40245,-100.86127&sspn=0.007899,0.02105&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=16

It's time for me to get busy cleaning since I am snowed in:)!
So one last thought regarding SA's 911 call saying that BD was suicidal last February.
All such calls have to be followed up by law.
She must not have been deemed to be a danger to herself or other/s or she would have been baker-acted (5150).
Of course if she was, this would be strictly unknown by HIPAA privacy laws, as it should be.
Is there info that her children were staying at other places, such as relatives, last year? On a regular everyday basis?
Mental instability isn't really uncommon.
TIA

To TXLady2, from last post

That was my daughters best friend and the move was just a small example of what she dealt with at home. She ended up moving in with us, my daughter got married and moved a thousand miles away and her friend "my other daugther" continued to live with us. Her parents had ruined her credit by the time she was 18, so we had to help her get a car....the list is endless. I am just happy that I was "the Mom" to go to for all of my daughter's friends.

Everyone saw Hailey on the 27th, but no on talked to her?? Has anyone come forward saying they actually spoke to her, either on the phone or in person? Anyone? A friend, a neighbor, a witness? Weird...

The meds are generic Vicodin, generic Ativan and generic Amoxil. I think the expiration date is 12/23/2010 or 12/28/2010 based on the videos Bean posted. None had refills.

I wanted to point out that if the meds ran out on 12/28/2010, well...there's your corroboration for the need for more. Opiates cause physical withdrawal symptoms, much like heroin does (which is also an opiate). I work every day as an ER support person. Tooth pain is a big complaint that seekers use. Don't get me wrong, if a tooth is abscessed and infected, it WILL HURT and not everyone who has that complaint is addicted to narcotics. I'm merely commenting on general patterns I have observed.

bringing over post from previous thread:

The pits are usually from where caliche has been dug out to use for road base - or just an unpaved road in rural areas....very common in parts of TX (and probably other arid states like NM & AZ)

Yes, big, off white pits also known (in Texas) as a shooting range.

Everyone saw Hailey on the 27th, but no on talked to her?? Has anyone come forward saying they actually spoke to her, either on the phone or in person? Anyone? A friend, a neighbor, a witness? Weird...

As far as I know just SA when she supposedly told him she was going to Clint's then to sleep at MB's

Just in case anyone hasn't actually looked at the map, or missed these details previously (I did!), Jean, the hairdresser, says she seen Hailey TWICE the day she disappeared between 10:00 am and 1:00 pm.

She ALSO says she seen her in TWO DIFFERENT LOCATIONS, 19th St. and near her home.

I posted this the other day, and it still didn't click, that she was seen by Jean in two different locations that day.

If Jean really did get the day wrong, and it was Sunday that Hailey was at the Dollar Store (LE has video), was the 7 year old boy with Hailey in the video on Sunday?

chestnut st., colorado city texas - Google Maps

Your map didn't come up on my computer, but I ran it, and it's only 2 tenths of a mile from Hailey's to the Dollar General store, and 19th street is in between.

Bringing this over from the last thread:

If the physical phone is evidence...fingerprints etc., then no one can touch the phone let alone answer it.

No, they "lift" fingerprints OFF the object and print them on a card, in order to examine and compare, under a microscope. They do not keep the object itself for evidence... no one else would be able to see the prints, and the pictures of the prints are used in court, not the object itself.

Only reason I can think of to keep Billie's phone is they are hoping if someone took Hailey, they would try calling that number. Or they were monitoring calls made to Billie or Hailey.

Is there any way to see criminal histories for someone living in Scurry County?

Ok that map had too many cemeteries on it, just saying.
Don't like the vibe I get when looking at it.
My head is hurting like a few others have said on here.
Hoping and praying that LE has a direct lead on this case, and that it doesn't end in a cemetery!!!!

chestnut st., colorado city texas - Google Maps
BBM
When I google the directions from HD's home to Dollar General, the distance comes up as .2 miles and looks like four blocks. Am I looking at the wrong Dollar General or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah