TX-Proposed Bill Would Create Domestic Violence Registry

Tuffy

Not really that tough...
Reaction score
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2011/01/21/proposed-bill-would-create-domestic-violence-registry/

Proposed Bill Would Create Domestic Violence Registry

But a bill that has been proposed by State Representative Trey Martinez Fischer of San Antonio seeks to create a domestic violence registry, similar to the current sex offender registry. “Once you’ve been in an abusive relationship, you have some trust issues,” Galaviz said. “You always have some doubts, and this would be one way to relieve some of those doubts.”

“I think it’s a great tool, especially for someone who doesn’t have the means to do a criminal background check on a potential suitor,” Galaviz added.

I think this is a great idea that should be adopted nationwide! Many women (and some men) get into abusive relationships with no knowledge of their abusers past history. If this registry saved even one person from the horrors of an abusive relationship then it would be well worth it. Wish something like this had existed when I met my ex, because he would never have had the chance of even becoming my ex if I had known his history. I would have gone the other way as fast as possible!

N.Y. Domestic Violence Registry Proposal Met With Big Concerns
Plan Said To Be Well-Intentioned, But Could Impact Fed Funding
April 18, 2011 8:10 PM

MINEOLA, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) — It’s a controversial idea from some local lawmakers — registering domestic violence offenders, just like those convicted of sex crimes, on a state-wide database.

Their names, addresses and photos would be made public.

But would that put victims in greater danger?

“My ex-husband, he would go into rage. He put a knife to my throat. He spit on me, choked me, many times in front of my daughter,” one victim told CBS 2’s Jennifer McLogan on Monday.

Police said they arrested that woman’s partner for domestic violence and weapons possession.

But she said while he was out on bail his goal was to continue dating.

more
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/04...ence-registry-proposal-met-with-big-concerns/

I think this is a great idea that should be adopted nationwide! Many women (and some men) get into abusive relationships with no knowledge of their abusers past history. If this registry saved even one person from the horrors of an abusive relationship then it would be well worth it. Wish something like this had existed when I met my ex, because he would never have had the chance of even becoming my ex if I had known his history. I would have gone the other way as fast as possible!

I'm for it but I wonder about those that would cry wolve to get their partner in trouble? What would that do to someone's future?

Goz

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back