1043 users online (200 members and 843 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CA - Oakland Teacher watches 2nd Graders perform sex acts in classroom

This is awful. Just a short article here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41194608...me_and_courts/

Salem

Wait, what?
    "Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open." - James Dewar

How bloody sick can you get..

Wonder if it was a male or female teacher

This sounds so far fetched like something out of those satanic daycare cases of the 1980s. 2nd graders performing oral sex in front of the class? Come on. I can definitely believe "Doctor" but I still think most kids would be a little shy about doing that in front of the entire class but oral sex? I think the second the student took their clothes off, the teacher would be like, "What are you doing?!" Now, if this story is 100% true and these 7-year-olds are performing oral sex acts, then they can probably expect a life of drug addiction, prostitution, and alcohol abuse ahead for them. :/ And I hope they investigate the families of these kids, because I bet there's a lot of sexual abuse going on. These kids are not normal so I really hope people don't start freaking out and think that every 7-year-old is having oral sex at that age. If you're 7 years old and you know how to perform oral sex, then it's because some sicko has performed it on you before or you've watched two people perform it.
    Last edited by eileenhawkeye; 01-21-2011 at 06:58 PM.

Has anyone concidered that maybe the teacher is a perv who encouraged this behavior in these kids because I don't believe it was spontanious. IMHO

This article states that the teacher was present but was unaware of what was going on:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_812263.html

The fact that the teacher was placed on leave and not arrested tells me something. The school seems to be standing behind his story so far and is reacting appropriately by notifying parents and calling in counselors. This type of thing is like letting the cat out of a bag. It's very hard to undo the damage and there will be fall-out, to be sure.

I know that 2nd grade class sizes have exploded in California and teacher's helpers have been cut to the nub. I'm going to say that there is a possibility that this occurred--both the sex acts and nudity and the teacher being unaware. It's not likely but it is possible.

With so many little ones watching TV and films they shouldn't and watching older sibs, it does occur. Many foster parents can attest to having very young children show up exhibiting behaviors once unheard (or not spoken of) of in children. Children do mimic what they see. Just check out youtube for the tiniest toddlers shaking their booties.

Until more info comes out, I'm going to bet that one child was the instigator. That child most likely has experienced abuse. The other child would probably have been a more vulnerable child.

I have to remember that my children were brutally raped while in the school restroom and when my husband and I were in the house and they were 40 feet out the back door in their fort. Incidents like this are the reason that most schools have done away with lofts, tents, and nooks.

Be aware that the photo which accompanies this article is a stock photo and not a photo of the actual classroom.

ETA:

An even more detailed report here:

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-...nclick_check=1

"....Dr. Stuart Lustig, a child and adolescent psychiatrist at UC San Francisco, said sexual play among children -- though often worrisome to adults -- is not uncommon, even at a very young age. "They do experiment with each other's bodies," he said. "It's part of normal development." If the activities are coercive or repetitive, however, it raises concerns that a child has been abused or exposed to sexual activity or material, Lustig said. He also said oral sex is not as common, "and probably more concerning."

more at link

Note by me: I would agree 100% with Dr. Lustig, after raising 14 children. Normal and healthy sexual exploration typically occurs between the ages of 2-7, IME, but it's up to the caregivers to teach that it is not OK to touch other's private spots. Coercion changes everything, however. And this article states that there are 20 children in that class--not an inordinate number. Hmmmm.
    Last edited by Missizzy; 01-21-2011 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rpipergirl View Post
    Has anyone concidered that maybe the teacher is a perv who encouraged this behavior in these kids because I don't believe it was spontanious. IMHO
    No, IMO, it's much more likely that someone in the child's life, such as a family member, is sexually abusing the child.

Note by me: I would agree 100% with Dr. Lustig, after raising 14 children. Normal and healthy sexual exploration typically occurs between the ages of 2-7, IME, but it's up to the caregivers to teach that it is not OK to touch other's private spots.
    This wasn't playing Doctor. This wasn't just touching each other. This was oral sex. There's a huge difference. There's nothing "normal and healthy" about having oral sex in 2nd grade.

No way can I believe that 2nd graders took their clothes off and performed oral sex in the classroom and the teacher DID NOT KNOW??? Wow!!!!!
    My book, More Than Just A Pretty Face, about the unidentified photos of Rodney Alcala, will be published in 2017. Please visit and join my Facebook group to get all of the most recent information.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/621913531276073/

I didn't say that the children were playing doctor. I'm in no way minimizing this issue. I'm fully aware that oral sex was reported and even the doctor I quoted above found that disturbing.

FWIW, we caught our children in numerous situations that went far beyond normal, after their rapes--never before. That's why I said that I believe there's an instigator. The vigilance and eyes on supervision for the next 12 years really took their toll. That's why I'm pleased that these children can benefit from immediate processing and therapy. Only a couple of my children were deemed able to benefit from therapy due to their special needs.

A trauma assessment will most likely be done on each child in the class and appropriate services provided. I'm just hopeful that it's not a once only therapy session. Issues like this can come back again and again at each developmental level. A while back it was thought that children would forget and that it was best not to remind them. Hah!! They do not forget. EVER. Visuals outside our scope of experience are imprinted for life.

If oral sex is occurring in the classroom of seven year olds and the teacher is unaware, the entire system of teaching at this school needs to be reexamined! We couldn't even pass a note without getting caught.

"This Time We Get It Right!"
    If you can read this, thank a teacher, if it's in English, thank a soldier!
    If I forget to mention it. Everything I post is my opinion, right or wrong, good or bad.
    If you have questions about Rebecca Zahaus death, please watch this:http://websleuths.com/forums/showpos...00&postcount=1

LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    2nd graders who somehow know about oral sex?

and a teacher who doesn't notice them doing it in the classroom?

that's quite the coincidence

Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    No, IMO, it's much more likely that someone in the child's life, such as a family member, is sexually abusing the child.

This wasn't playing Doctor. This wasn't just touching each other. This was oral sex. There's a huge difference. There's nothing "normal and healthy" about having oral sex in 2nd grade.
    When my son was in 2nd grade, he didn't know anything about sex! How can a child perform oral sex unless they were instructed to do so?

OMG!!!

Mel

Quote Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
    If oral sex is occurring in the classroom of seven year olds and the teacher is unaware, the entire system of teaching at this school needs to be reexamined! We couldn't even pass a note without getting caught.
    AMEN to that!

I had to look up the average student/teacher ratio for that school. It is 20:1.
    Keep in mind this is just an average--I've taught in schools where one teacher had only 7 students in a class, while I had 35.
    The source for the student/teacher ration: http://www.city-data.com/school/mark...entary-ca.html

It's hard to imagine a situation where this could happen unless perhaps it was a self-contained classroom (w/ bathroom) and there was no aid. In that case, the teacher COULD have been w/ a student in the bathroom while this got started. I totally agree w/ others that at least one of these children had to have been abused in the past. . . .

On another note, this type of thing could explode into everyday occurances as class sizes sky rocket. I'm concerned for the teachers of Detroit who are looking at class sizes of 65 next year. I cannot for the life of me imagine how I would teach a core class with that many students.

kileyizzle is offline ♥ we have but two lives. The life we learn with, & the life after that ♥
    IMHO.. it could happen..

I worked as OSCH co-ordinator... i had 45 kids under my care... ages 5 - 12

Ratio was meant to be 1:15... having said that i was often alone with the entire group. Now there were victims of abuse present & under my care - there are strategys put in place... IE - No dress up's, No matieral for building cubbys that wasn't sheer, stand near the bathroom stalls, keep an eye out for misleading or inappriproate behaviour... etc etc

My point being is. And i dare i say it. As a Survivor myself i take THIS very seriously. That even though all measures and precautions are taken... it can & will occur.

Now - I am was an OSCH worker ( After school care ) - I can not fathom how a teacher has pull over that amount of kids. There is an incrediable amount of variables to consider also. He may have had special needs children, high maintence kids that need that one on one.. without an aid... it's difficult. it really is.

Also would liek to add my nephew is 5 - a child in his class was talking about sex. Times are a changing. They know alot more than they should. It is not so ludachrist to belive that a 7 year old would know about oral sex. It's a sad but true fact todaii...

Abused child perhaps. More than likely.

Point is. Without knowing the variables - The info that the teacher was put on leave and not charged speaks volumes alone.

People who work with children... have children in the best of their hearts, not only that but a duty of care - a reputation to uphold in a community that their school is a safe place for their children. I don't think they would stand behind the teacher if it were to be true.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast