GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubby

fly the W!
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Copied from thread 5:

REMEMBER, please: disagree, but don't bicker for the sake of it; attack the post if need be, but never the poster; maintain your sense of decorum; and PLEASE use restraint in referring to those who have not been named as suspects.
---
X Also, PhillB has done an excellent map of the area in question; it can be referred to here:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased UK - Joanna Yeates, Clifton, Bristol, 17 December 2010 - #3

UPDATED list of persons in discussion list:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased UK - Joanna Yeates, Clifton, Bristol, 17 December 2010 - #8

Terrific discussion and sleuthing so far - an incredible amount of work has been done by a good many talented WSers. Welcome to those new to the case! Excellent links to information from media abound on the first five threads; familiarizing yourself with the case will enhance your understanding of the discussion on this, its sixth thread.

LINKS TO PREVIOUS THREADS

Websleuths TOS - The Rules

---------
NOTE FROM MODS

If you see a post that violates the TOS - you need to report it by hitting the little red triangle in the upper right corner of the post. If you respond to the post, you will be held accountable as having broken the TOS.

Read the rules and know them. This is a moderated forum and we don't do ugly here.

I can't help but wonder if the trigger to the arrest was something to do with the suitcase/large holdall that was referred to in the media the day before (I think) the arrest. I was checking the newspaper updates just before midnight and Sky always show the next days headlines, however they often do not splash their lead story until the early hours of the morning so as not to get scooped by the other newspapers and the later print editions run with the 'true' headlines. IIRC another ran with a story about new DNA evidence but had that not already been reported by then ?

I recall one paper mentioning an important breakthrough, and a couple of the others running with a story that police thought a suitcase/holdall had been used to move JY's body. Then that morning it was reported that they had arrested VT.

All this was within the space of 12 hours, and the day after the new appeal by JY's family.

Sorry none of this is very clear, my thoughts and words are rambling ! I think the timeline was appeal/suitcase/new DNA/breakthrough reported/arrest. Please correct me if I have mixed this up but a lot was reported fairly quickly.

The press stories the night before the arrest spoke of 'exciting new developments'

The case has taken on a new direction, the body may have been moved in a suitcase or bag, and it's possible the body was stored in a car boot for several days prior to Longwood Lane. All the paper stories were similar worded.

The arrest came shortly after, two wheelie bins, and his bike went for forensics. But he was out of the country on Monday the 20th if press reports are correct. So some of those leaks above can't be right????

It's speculation on behalf of the press, in my opinion.

Oh yes of course.
There would be no newspapers without speculation. if there isn't any news, they have to make their own.

The comment above really is regarding someones question asking what this 'exciting new evidence' was. And the above comment is all we had regarding this evidence.
Speculation, educated guesses, or an element of leaked truth? Whichever way you want to read it.

Hmmm. Willl be interesting if he is not charged this weekend. Police will look slightly incompetent. Afterall they arrested CJ on the basis of chinese whispers and maybe cos he had blue hair (some killers are bald ya know!).

If this Dutch bloke is charged and convicted I reckon the key decider regarding the length of his non parole period will be whether or not he ate the pizza.

Goodness knows where this case is heading but with regard to the partial DNA reportedly found:

Considering where the DNA was found on JY's body the owner of that DNA (partial or not) has a lot of explaining to do as how his DNA came to be where it was.

If the headlines are true 'weeping girl tips off Jo Cops' and 'Cops speak to girlfriend before arrest', can we put two together and make three ?

Put it like this, if a woman has phoned the LE sobbing & crying that she knows NUA is related to this crime & it is not true, she will be charged with Contempt Of Court & wasting Police time & public money + likely to serve a community service order.

& good evening btw to everyone, sorry havent been about much the last few days have been busy with work & that, but have still managed to keep up with things through the night & what a crazy couple of days has just passed - its great theres been a breakthrough, am keeping my fingers crossed theyve got the the right guy.

Plus hello to all you 42 guests out there following our thread, come & join the community & become a member today !!!

Memebership is totally free & we look forward to hearing your news, views & opinions :)

:welcome3::wagon:

Put it like this, if a woman has phoned the LE sobbing & crying that she knows NUA is related to this crime & it is not true, she will be charged with Contempt Of Court & wasting Police time & public money + likely to serve a community service order.

Maybe has her eyes on the £50,000 reward from The Sun, but may end up in clink instead.

Headlines in tomorrows papers is varied

The headline from The Sun about the weeping girl.
Daily Express - DNA is vital clue.
Daily Mirror - Cops spoke to girlfriend before arrest
Daily Mail - Suspect had split with girlfriend
Daily Star - I'll stand by lover. Suspects lover insists he is innocent

Make of that what you will!

Two big red flags for me:

1 The DNA on JY's body.

2 The suspect had split with his girlfriend. (or she split with him)

For number 1 'please explain' is the question.
Number 2 could have been emotionally crushing and sent the suspect into a downward spiral.

Maybe has her eyes on the £50,000 reward from The Sun, but may end up in clink instead.

Actually if you go to the Sun's website you will find there are t's & c's to claiming the £50,000.

They dont just give it to you either, you have to write to them to claim it after a conviction has been successfully made & the crimainal been sentanced.

here are the t's & c's

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article3334744.ece

personally i could never take the £50,000 reward, i would ask them to give it to the Yeates family's favourite charity.

Hi all, my first Post, I have been reading here though.

If the Police were certain with their evidence NUA was the Perpetrator, I would have thought NUA would have been charged by now,unless the Police are waiting for DNA test's and result's to come back.

If it was only partial DNA the SOC Officer's obtained from Jo's body, I would presume the FSS are doing the following LCN,establishment of the DNA profile through LCN (Low Copy Numbers) which could take time,this is achieved through increasing the number of amplification cycles,if the FSS can obtain a full Profile and it matches NUA then they have their Man, but if it does not match NUA, the Police will have a DNA profile of the Perpetrator and the following could be done.
If the DNA does not throw up a match on the National Data Base,then a search of the Data Base could be done a Familial DNA search, a related technique called case-specific partial match, DNA samples belonging to a Father or Son, Sister, Brother, Mother, Uncle aren't an exact match, the similarities signal a close familial relationship.
This has been done in England before which resulted in catching a serial rapist, who got away with his Crime for a very long time, it was when the rapist's Sister was charged with a drink driving offence and her DNA was taken, which resulted in her DNA being put onto the Data Base, The Sister's DNA on the National Data Base threw up a very close match to the DNA by the rapist, which was her Brother, he is now in Prison where he will not commit crimes against Woman again.

Such a waste of a young Woman's life, and devastating for the Family, I hope the Police will get a result soon.

Does anyone know if NUA or his GF owns a vehicle?

Also IMO the LE will hold NUA for as long as possible giving them time to gather as much evidence as possible and cross reference his answers

All JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member