Hazel

Reaction score
Have you seen this couple?
3:20pm January 21, 2011
missing%20woman%2011.jpg
missing%20man%2011.jpg

Eloise Fendelet, 71, along with her common-law husband Perry Kit Wong, 72
[last seen by a friend on Dec. 27, 2010]​
Armand Fendelet wants a late Christmas present, and that's for his cousin Eloise to call to say she's okay.

Eloise Fendelet, 71, along with her common-law husband Perry Kit Wong, 72, (below) haven't been seen or heard from since December 27th. On Friday, city police turned to the public to help them find the couple.

"We're all worried about her," said Armand Fendelet, when reached at his home in Saskatoon. "It's something we don't want to have to go through. I just hope she's okay."

He says his cousin is a bit of a "work-aholic," running her dental lab in Edmonton. However, he says it's totally not like her not to let someone know where she is, or where she's going.

more at link: http://www.inews880.com/Channels/Reg/LocalNews/story.aspx?ID=1350428

Police searching for missing Edmonton couple
Updated: Fri Jan. 21 2011 11:42:37

investigators say the couple didn't take any of their vehicles and there has been no bank or credit card activity that could lead to their whereabouts.

The couple were listed as missing by police on January 18th.

If you have any information that can assist investigators you are asked to call:

EDMONTON POLICE at (780) 423-4567 or

CRIME STOPPERS at 1-800-222-TIPS.

VIDEO
at link:
http://edmonton.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110121/edm_missing_110121/20110121/?hub=EdmontonHome

Published On Fri Jan 21 2011

<snips>

Perry Kit Wong, who is 72, and his common-law wife, Eloise Fendelet, who is 71, were last seen by a friend Dec. 27.

The two are known as an active couple who like to travel.

But after they failed to return to work Jan. 3, friends and family made inquiries on their own and eventually contacted police.

“What raised alarm bells for friends and co-workers is that typically they would make plans well in advance and arrangements to take [care] of their business and employees and pets while they were away. It’s out of character for them.”

Gurney also said there is no apparent link to the McCann case.

Suspect Travis Vader, who was arrested in August, remains in custody on unrelated charges.

There is a $60,000 reward for information leading to the McCanns.

more at link:
http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/926117--edmonton-couple-in-their-70s-missing-for-almost-four-weeks

What is with senior citizens and Canada? I am amazed at how many older people have gone missing there in recent years. I do not mean any offense truly. It just seem really odd.

An employee and close friend of the couple’s contacted police Jan. 5 to report he was worried the pair had not come to work and could not be located.

Police officially listed Wong and Fendelet as missing Jan. 18, and the missing persons unit is now investigating.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/Search+missing+Edmonton+couple/4144985/story.html
From this article, I am assuming LE had been investigating since they were first reported missing January 5th. There is no word if they have checked their computers and cellullars? Last logins into computers? Last phone calls from home and cellphones? Was their home found locked/unlocked? Did this couple use to go out for walks? Didn't they have plans with friends for the New Year?
Articles say they live downtown; are there any video surveillance from businesses in the area.?

surveillance from their workplace(s)?

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2011/01/22/16990781.html
Today.

Couple's disappearance 'out of character'

By PAMELA ROTH, QMI Agency

Perry Kit Wong and his wife Eloise Fendelet were last seen Dec. 27.

EDMONTON - Friends and colleagues are calling the disappearance of an Edmonton couple "beyond unusual."

The last time local business owners 72-year-old Perry Kit Wong and his common-law wife Eloise Fendelet, 71, were seen was Dec. 27.

The pair were supposed to return to work on Jan. 3, but colleagues have yet to see or hear any trace of them, sparking the police to get involved.

"We have now listed them as missing persons," said Const. Sean Jenkinson with the city police missing persons unit. "It causes concern for ourselves, as investigators, that we haven't been able to track them down and the fact that people know them best have concerns they are not around."

<modsnip>

:dunno: I was coming right now to say WELCOME and thank the poster who answered my questions regarding cellphones and video surveillance. Didn't have time to do that over the weekend, but now I cannot find his/her post. Hopefully he/she is being 'verified' and will be back soon.

I found an address for the Dental Lab, but since it hasn't been mentioned by LE in any news article, I guess is better not to post the Google Map showing it's location. I was a bit surprised to find out the lab's address; seems to be a home in a residential area, while according to the papers, E&P live in a downtown apartment.

Also, according to this article, the 31-year-old man who reported the couple missing is the last person known to see Wong on Dec. 27. I noticed that the article doesn't mention Eloise, just Wong.

I am wondering how long have this couple been together and also wondering if PW was an employee of EF at any point ... just being curious that's all.

The man who contacted police, who also did not want his name published, said in an interview Friday he was the last person to see Wong on Dec. 27.

The 31-year-old has worked for 10 years at the west-end dental business that Fendelet has owned for 33 years.

Fendelet and Wong live in an apartment downtown and visit Fendelet's business every day, he said. The busy pair have many friends and they go out often for lunches and suppers and socialize regularly.

"You'd never know their age, watching them living day to day. They both have valid driver's licences. . . . Eloise goes to the gym regularly," the employee said.

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/Search+Alberta+couple/4149599/story.html#ixzz1C030OtJg

Global News: Monday, January 24, 2011 3:02 PM
On Monday, police said they&#8217;ve learned that Wong was meeting with friends at an undisclosed location in west Edmonton on Dec. 27 before his disappearance.

The friends were driving a light-coloured Mercedes-Benz

&#8220;Obviously, we&#8217;re putting it out there because we&#8217;d be very interested to talk to anyone who may have information related to that,&#8221; said Const. Jim Gurney, with the EPS missing persons unit.

Police couldn&#8217;t provide any further information related to the nature of that meeting, but said Fendelet was not with Wong at the time.

Const. Sean Jenkinson said that while police know where she was at the time, they aren&#8217;t prepared to release that information.

Read more: http://www.globaltvedmonton.com/Police+seek+help+from+missing+couple+friends+associates/4159048/story.html

Knowing they like to travel, had they gone some where over the New Year and did they in fact make it home???
I know it said no bank card activity, but if traveling, travelers cheques a possibility...

Oh no, another elderly couple missing. From the articles, it seems very uncharacteristic of them. This doesn't sound good.

snipped by me from the posted site above:

The possibility of foul play has not been ruled out, but isn’t the focus of the investigation, Jenkinson said.

“Obviously we are concerned there could be other things at play here, but it’s still a missing persons investigation.”

Speculation on "other things at play here"?
-kidnapping for money? being held as ransom?
Curious, foul play is NOT the focus of the investigation. I'll assume then that the focus is finding this couple.

-the pair went into voluntary hiding for some reason?
-extortion?
They don't seem like the type to involve themselves in any sort of controversy.

I'd be interested in any of your ideas?

snipped by me from the posted site above:

The possibility of foul play has not been ruled out, but isn’t the focus of the investigation, Jenkinson said.

“Obviously we are concerned there could be other things at play here, but it’s still a missing persons investigation.”

Speculation on "other things at play here"?
-kidnapping for money? being held as ransom?
Curious, foul play is NOT the focus of the investigation. I'll assume then that the focus is finding this couple.

-the pair went into voluntary hiding for some reason?
-extortion?
They don't seem like the type to involve themselves in any sort of controversy.

I'd be interested in any of your ideas
?

~BBM~ Only to respond to your wantng others ideas...
The only type of controversy that I could imagine for this couple might be a love triangle - 3rd party interest...
I FEEL it has to do with money, but then why no activity on their accounts???
This seems to be a true mystery to me!

I note this is a common-law relationship and wondering how long Eloise and Perry have been together. Just wondering if there was a recent breakdown of a previous relationship. With Eloise owning the business, maybe there is someone who became concerned that Perry might end up with their share of the assets.

Hello Websleuthers! Hope I am doing this right. I'm pretty new at this stuff, so please don't yell at me or put me in a corner, pretty please lol. Just slap my hand and tell me what I did wrong.

http://www.globaltvedmonton.com/Pol...+couple+friends+associates/4159048/story.html

Oh man! I had to read the article 3 times before I got it the picture. Sorry, I am up past my bedtime and a splitting headache to boot...yuck.

In summary: PW met "friends" alone at an undisclosed location in Edmonton Dec. 27. LE said the friends were driving a light colored MBenz. Don't know when EF disappeared on 27. Const. "Sean Jenkinson said that while police know where she EF was at the time, they aren&#8217;t prepared to release that information". PW and EFs vehicle has been accounted for. Last saw Dec. 27. Reported missing Jan. 18? by employee when they did not show up at work.

That's a long time for absolutely no one to have any sort of contact with this couple...woozers. Dec 27 - Jan. 18? I realize they do not have children but....

It seems that possibly the friends are missing too? Does that make sense? The report does not say police want to speak to these "friends", it just says friends. I take that to mean any other friends.

C&P
The officers said they want to speak with friends and business associates of the couple to assist in their investigation.

Something bad I fear. Could they have gotten into a car accident on some back, desserted road with "these friends" in their MBenz? It's darn cold out there in Edmonton.

Praying they are all found safe and sound.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back