WS is taking several reloads and is very slow

norest4thewicked

True Crime Writer
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I have seen the other threads about this, but nothing lately, so I wanted to know if anyone else is having these issues? It takes forever to load a page and sometimes it won't load at all. I'm new here, so I am wondering if its something I can fix. I am on Firefox.

I have seen the other threads about this, but nothing lately, so I wanted to know if anyone else is having these issues? It takes forever to load a page and sometimes it won't load at all. I'm new here, so I am wondering if its something I can fix. I am on Firefox.

Same thing here, I have a brand new computer with Windows 7 and other sites load instantly. I sometimes have to make three or more attempts before the screen loads completely, this has been going on for months.

Up to ten reloads here and sometimes that doesn't work. Cleared cache, history and nothing helps. It's especially bad starting around ten pm MST. Sometimes I've given up and gone to bed.

No response on my original question from the owners of the board, so I hope that someone will tell us now. If its a matter of ads, I'd just like to know that.

Please understand that everyone who works on this board does so out of the goodness of their hearts.

Our tech person is extremly busy and could charge us a ton of money but because he is a great guy he works hard on Websleuths when he has the time and does so for free.

With over 5 million posts and hundreds (if not thousands) of forums we can miss posts when a user posts a question.

When there is a technical issue we are limited as to what can be done. Again, people help us because they are kind, not because they get paid.

Please be patient. We will do our best to try and fix the problem.

Tricia

Please understand that everyone who works on this board does so out of the goodness of their hearts.

Our tech person is extremly busy and could charge us a ton of money but because he is a great guy he works hard on Websleuths when he has the time and does so for free.

With over 5 million posts and hundreds (if not thousands) of forums we can miss posts when a user posts a question.

When there is a technical issue we are limited as to what can be done. Again, people help us because they are kind, not because they get paid.

Please be patient. We will do our best to try and fix the problem.

Tricia

I just want it noted that it was not ME this time.

Tricia...I am not complaining at all. I LOVE this place and love the job you guys do. I just had written the original post back in January and never reposted because I figured that you guys were busy. I only was trying to find out if the $35 for no ads meant the loading of the pages. I'm truly sorry if it sounded like I was being un-appreciative. Just new and trying to figure out how things work around here...:)

I also appreciate the effort the mods put in to keep this site running. Again, not to seem unappreciative, but the problem is continuing. I had to reload several times just to get to post this. It does see to be getting worse..

Mine works fine, and I often have many pages open at the same time. I changed some settings on my pooter, cleared my cache, allowed for pop-up, got rid of TIF's/cookies. Been here sine 2008 and no probs. But anyone who's on the internet a lot (like me) has to maintain all their cookies/tif's often to keep downloads working quickly! Your computer can back up quick!

Hugs,

Mel

ETA: and my computer is an ol' grandpa compared to many others out there!

will undoubtedly come back and tell us how it went :).

Mine works fine, and I often have many pages open at the same time. I changed some settings on my pooter, cleared my cache, allowed for pop-up, got rid of TIF's/cookies. Been here sine 2008 and no probs. But anyone who's on the internet a lot (like me) has to maintain all their cookies/tif's often to keep downloads working quickly! Your computer can back up quick!

Hugs,

Mel

ETA: and my computer is an ol' grandpa compared to many others out there!

Mine has always worked fine too. Never had any problems. :)

I am having reload problems today...I hope we didn't break it again...It was me.....I give up...:loser:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back