1595 users online (258 members and 1337 guests)  

Websleuths News

WS is taking several reloads and is very slow

I have seen the other threads about this, but nothing lately, so I wanted to know if anyone else is having these issues? It takes forever to load a page and sometimes it won't load at all. I'm new here, so I am wondering if its something I can fix. I am on Firefox.
    My book, More Than Just A Pretty Face, about the unidentified photos of Rodney Alcala, will be published in 2017. Please visit and join my Facebook group to get all of the most recent information.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/621913531276073/

Quote Originally Posted by norest4thewicked View Post
    I have seen the other threads about this, but nothing lately, so I wanted to know if anyone else is having these issues? It takes forever to load a page and sometimes it won't load at all. I'm new here, so I am wondering if its something I can fix. I am on Firefox.
    Same thing here, I have a brand new computer with Windows 7 and other sites load instantly. I sometimes have to make three or more attempts before the screen loads completely, this has been going on for months.
    'Never stop fighting..never give up'

Kevin Kostner as Eliott Ness in 'The Untouchables'

Up to ten reloads here and sometimes that doesn't work. Cleared cache, history and nothing helps. It's especially bad starting around ten pm MST. Sometimes I've given up and gone to bed.

No response on my original question from the owners of the board, so I hope that someone will tell us now. If its a matter of ads, I'd just like to know that.
    My book, More Than Just A Pretty Face, about the unidentified photos of Rodney Alcala, will be published in 2017. Please visit and join my Facebook group to get all of the most recent information.

Quote Originally Posted by norest4thewicked View Post
    No response on my original question from the owners of the board, so I hope that someone will tell us now. If its a matter of ads, I'd just like to know that.
    Our forum tech hasn't been available yet. Hang on!

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Please understand that everyone who works on this board does so out of the goodness of their hearts.

Our tech person is extremly busy and could charge us a ton of money but because he is a great guy he works hard on Websleuths when he has the time and does so for free.

With over 5 million posts and hundreds (if not thousands) of forums we can miss posts when a user posts a question.

When there is a technical issue we are limited as to what can be done. Again, people help us because they are kind, not because they get paid.

Please be patient. We will do our best to try and fix the problem.

Tricia
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    Please understand that everyone who works on this board does so out of the goodness of their hearts.

Our tech person is extremly busy and could charge us a ton of money but because he is a great guy he works hard on Websleuths when he has the time and does so for free.

With over 5 million posts and hundreds (if not thousands) of forums we can miss posts when a user posts a question.

When there is a technical issue we are limited as to what can be done. Again, people help us because they are kind, not because they get paid.

Please be patient. We will do our best to try and fix the problem.

Tricia
    I just want it noted that it was not ME this time.
    JMO.

Tricia...I am not complaining at all. I LOVE this place and love the job you guys do. I just had written the original post back in January and never reposted because I figured that you guys were busy. I only was trying to find out if the $35 for no ads meant the loading of the pages. I'm truly sorry if it sounded like I was being un-appreciative. Just new and trying to figure out how things work around here...

I also appreciate the effort the mods put in to keep this site running. Again, not to seem unappreciative, but the problem is continuing. I had to reload several times just to get to post this. It does see to be getting worse..
    'Never stop fighting..never give up'

Kevin Kostner as Eliott Ness in 'The Untouchables'

Mine works fine, and I often have many pages open at the same time. I changed some settings on my pooter, cleared my cache, allowed for pop-up, got rid of TIF's/cookies. Been here sine 2008 and no probs. But anyone who's on the internet a lot (like me) has to maintain all their cookies/tif's often to keep downloads working quickly! Your computer can back up quick!

Hugs,

Mel

ETA: and my computer is an ol' grandpa compared to many others out there!

Adnoid will undoubtedly come back and tell us how it went .
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by mgardner View Post
    Mine works fine, and I often have many pages open at the same time. I changed some settings on my pooter, cleared my cache, allowed for pop-up, got rid of TIF's/cookies. Been here sine 2008 and no probs. But anyone who's on the internet a lot (like me) has to maintain all their cookies/tif's often to keep downloads working quickly! Your computer can back up quick!

Hugs,

Mel

ETA: and my computer is an ol' grandpa compared to many others out there!
    Mine has always worked fine too. Never had any problems.

I am having reload problems today...I hope we didn't break it again...It was me.....I give up...