1328 users online (271 members and 1057 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

2011.01.24: Hearing Will Address Request For Investigative Hours

Casey Anthony Hearing Set For Monday, 1/24/2011

A hearing has been set in the case against Casey Anthony for Monday at 4 p.m.

WESH.com will provide live coverage of the hearing.

Anthony will not be present.

http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/265...=casey+updates

Mel

The defense is annoyingly persistent with it's constant requests for money, lets hope this time HHJP says "enough is enough!!" how many more fishing expeditions will the people of Florida be asked to fund.

Quote Originally Posted by Scamperoo View Post
    The defense is annoyingly persistent with it's constant requests for money, lets hope this time HHJP says "enough is enough!!" how many more fishing expeditions will the people of Florida be asked to fund.
    Well now that the duhfense can't play with Kronk, they have to find someone else to pin the blame on. I can't wait to hear what Baez has in mind. Should be interesting!

Mel

savannahanna
    I don't believe that the defense will get all the monies that they are requesting but I do think that JPH will grant them some additional funds if only to keep the defense moving without delay to May trial date! I think that Baez has taken lessons from a 5 yr. old on whinning, not understanding that important word "No, Enough already" in judicial terms that is!
    savannahanna

Quote Originally Posted by savannahanna View Post
    savannahanna
    I don't believe that the defense will get all the monies that they are requesting but I do think that JPH will grant them some additional funds if only to keep the defense moving without delay to May trial date! I think that Baez has taken lessons from a 5 yr. old on whinning, not understanding that important word "No, Enough already" in judicial terms that is!
    savannahanna
    Thing is, they're already over 100 hours in the hole so if the Judge keeps to his pattern of doling out a portion of their request, say, if he gives them half of what they want, they in essence get nothing.

It's been like this for a while, their little ponzi (borrow from peter to pay paul) scheme. I think it's time for the judge to address the hours they've been borrowing that he HAS NOT approved.

I don't see how denying them hours when they play fast and loose with no documentation can be an appeal issue when they've been warned countless times to submit documentation and what and what is not acceptable (paralegal/secretarial duties).

How can they continue to get away with this thievery?

I think Judge Perry is done with the defenses fishing expedition. This last attempt to show that they had 15-20 people who searched the exact location on Suburban Drive where Caylee was found and that she was not there completely backfired on them. It was a waste of taxpayers money for the State to even have to depose them. It doesn't even seem that the defense spoke to these witnesses at all. Just this Mort character who seems to be terrible at his job.

I believe lawyers for JAC will bring up what happened this week in court. That none of these 15-20 witnesses stated what the defense said they stated. That it should be time to hang up those fishing poles and start a new career... like actually defending your client.

I hope he doesn't give them any more hours either. I mean, with those state depos that took place, the fishing expedition can't be more freaking obvious at this point. I hope HHJP is told about those depos.

Is this a telephonic hearing? I saw that mentioned in another thread, but not here. I really hope not!

I doubt Judge Perry can bring up the results of the depos as reason to deny funds. I just have the feeling he can't do that legally. I doubt he can even refer to them! Anyway, we've only heard what a few of them said. We don't know that one of them didn't say there was no water (I doubt it but we're not sure).

I guess I feel the judge has enough reason to deny them more money without even going in that direction.

Hope a lawyer weighs in on this -- I'm just going by my non-legal gut.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedrys View Post
    I hope he doesn't give them any more hours either. I mean, with those state depos that took place, the fishing expedition can't be more freaking obvious at this point. I hope HHJP is told about those depos.

Is this a telephonic hearing? I saw that mentioned in another thread, but not here. I really hope not!
    And that's the thing. It's less than four months until this trial is to begin in May. There are a lot of important things to do now. They have a lot of important hearings coming up and they don't have time to keep wasting. I don't think that JB understands that this trial is going to happen in May whether he is ready or not. This is really not that difficult of a case. It just seems that way because all of the acrobatics of the defense and the Anthony family.

The defense should be worrying about getting their expert witnesses (whoever is left) ready for the Frye hearing and isn't there a hearing coming up about the canine searches? I also thought that they were going to end up having to address the "Agents of the State" Anthony family in court? I didn't see a reply to that motion by the State so it sounds like we'll get to see some testimony on that before trial.

I don't think that Judge Perry is going to delay this trial unless something catastrophic happens. I don't even think if the State of Florida drifted off into the Gulf of Mexico would delay this trial.

So the defense needs to get to work. Real work. I understand that they have a right to investigate, but they have had almost three years to do this and they have gotten NOTHING in these few years that is helpful to Casey Anthony. It's time to hang it up. It's time for some serious decisions. It's time to sit Casey down and tell her exactly what she is up against. I am almost tempted to write her a letter myself about everything that she is up against... but I don't want my name associated with this case.

Quote Originally Posted by jennyb View Post
    I doubt Judge Perry can bring up the results of the depos as reason to deny funds. I just have the feeling he can't do that legally. I doubt he can even refer to them! Anyway, we've only heard what a few of them said. We don't know that one of them didn't say there was no water (I doubt it but we're not sure).

I guess I feel the judge has enough reason to deny them more money without even going in that direction.

Hope a lawyer weighs in on this -- I'm just going by my non-legal gut.
    JAC can bring it up though, can't they?

It sorta bothers me that they keep asking for more, but at least they have to come and beg for it each time.... how much would a Public Defender be allowed to spend for the same purpose? Does anyone know how they decide what the cap is?

justbeachy is offline "It's good to see me, isn't it? No need to respond; that was rhetorical."
    Dear Judge Perry,

In the future, could you kindly schedule any further hearings regarding CA to accomodate my schedule? Mornings work much better for me since I have to pick my children up from school in the afternoons. Given parking garage traffic and drive time, I really need to be finished at the hearings by 2.

Many thanks,
    beachy

Quote Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
    JAC can bring it up though, can't they?
    I don't know of course, but it would seem outside the scope. I don't think they can say, hey, Mr. and Mrs. Jones said they weren't on that spot so your whole fishing expedition was a sham and we ain't paying because of that.

I really don't think they will go there. It just seems odd to me they'd have that kind of authority to analyze depositions and decide they don't like what the witnesses said.

They certainly have plenty of sound reasons to deny the motion and so does the judge without that.

On the face of it the defense has been running up a tab and trying to box the judge into giving them more hours because they've already used hours they haven't been granted. It's a shell game. So they're in debt intentionally and want to go more in debt intentionally and at the end of the day they'll say well, it's not Casey's fault and she shouldn't be penalized because we can't manage our funds.

Appeal!

I don't know why I feel so sure about this because I have zero legal background.....

What I'd like the judge to say is this:

"Motion denied and as a matter of fact you owe the State $4,000 for 100 hours you weren't given. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!"

Quote Originally Posted by ZsaZsa View Post
    It sorta bothers me that they keep asking for more, but at least they have to come and beg for it each time.... how much would a Public Defender be allowed to spend for the same purpose? Does anyone know how they decide what the cap is?
    I don't know how that works, but I think this trial would have been over 1.5 years ago if Casey had a public defender.

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast